welcome to the ghetto

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Those interested have until Tuesday next week.

On Wednesday there will be a random selection of draft order and posting of the thread with rules and guidelines.

ATD#7 all-time draft to begin next Friday, exactly when the NHL entry draft begins! :) So you can't forget! When you hear who the Chicago Blackhawks select with their first overall pick you'll go, oh! the atd minor league draft is underway!

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Arrbez and myself will make up the Springfield Ice-o-topes. We will stress team work and having fun. We will also select as many players with sweet nicknames as possible.:D

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I´ll be Anyang Halla.
:wg: A South Korean team!

halla_logo.gif

I've seen some of their games. Esa Tikkanen was player/coach a couple of years ago.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I'm intrigued about this draft because there's absolutely no history to go back on. It'll all be pretty much from scratch.

That's what I love about the minor league draft, it's like ATD#1 all over again. Should be fun to see some of the names that get taken. There will probably be a lot of current players taken and I'm sure I'll be guilty of taking my fair share of them too.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
:wg: A South Korean team!

halla_logo.gif

I've seen some of their games. Esa Tikkanen was player/coach a couple of years ago.

I have seen some too. My wife is Korean from Seoul/Guri so naturally I spend some time in Seoul/Guri to visit the in-laws. Which is nice and I got some hockey to watch as well. Tikkanen was already in Norway then though.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Hockey Outsider and I will co-manage the 1955 World Champions Penticton Vees

55worldchamps.jpg

My dad grew up in Penticton and I remember him telling me about the World Champion Vees but never understood what he meant by "World Champs". How did they decide which team represented Canada?

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
My dad grew up in Penticton and I remember him telling me about the World Champion Vees but never understood what he meant by "World Champs". How did they decide which team represented Canada?
I think it was usually the Allan cup winners that represented Canada..

For my team name I will pick another world champion "The Whitby Dunlops"

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
All-time draft #7 thread ... this is a follow-on draft building new teams ("minor league teams") out of all the players who WEREN'T taken in that draft. it's fun to draft the top 100 or so players in the main drafts, but everybody knows who those players are and rates them pretty much the same. more challenging (and varied) to draft the 700th and 800th best players of all time, when all the obvious choices are long-gone and you're left piecing togethe the scraps.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
All-time draft #7 thread ... this is a follow-on draft building new teams ("minor league teams") out of all the players who WEREN'T taken in that draft. it's fun to draft the top 100 or so players in the main drafts, but everybody knows who those players are and rates them pretty much the same. more challenging (and varied) to draft the 700th and 800th best players of all time, when all the obvious choices are long-gone and you're left piecing togethe the scraps.

couldn't have said it better myself

(though there are several arguably Top-300 or Top-400 players who have fallen through the cracks, and at least two Top-200 imo!)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Unbeknownst to the teams of the MLD 2011, just prior to the draft the Providence Reds signed the following 25 to contract.

120px-Redlogo1.jpg

Providence Reds

coach Bobby Kromm

Sergei Shepelev - Normie Himes - Sergei Svetlov
Steve Payne - Tony Gingras (C) - Carson Cooper
Buzz Boll - Vladimir Golikov - Shorty Green
Armand Mondou - Billy Breen (A) - Shirley Davidson
Jimmy Gardner, Jim Riley, Mike Bullard

Billy Barlow (A) - Sergei Babinov
Sergei Starikov - Bill Brydge
Joe Cooper - Ron Plumb
Igor Romishevsky