welcome to the ghetto

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Shall we have a minor league draft over the summer for the 8-12 g.m.s who'll be around?

Get yourself a team by Tuesday next week the latest.
Co-g.m.s are an option.

1. MXD & Eagle Belfour - Syracuse Bulldogs
2. God Bless Canada & Murphy - Estevan Strippers
3. VanIslander & Hockey Outsider - Penticton Vees
4. shawnmullin - Nelson Leafs
5. Evil Speaker - Boston Cubs
6. vancityluongo & kruezer - Vancouver Giants
7. spitfire11 - Windsor Bulldogs
8. pitseleh - Quebec Bulldogs
9. raleh & arrbez - Springfield Ice-o-topes
10. wisent - Anyang Halla
11. pappyline - Whitby Dunlops

Newbies:

13. cottonking - Omaha Icebreakers

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I know this will surprise a lot of people, but I will not be participating in the next minor league draft. I don't have a lot of interest in hanging around HF in July, for one thing. For another, I'm on holidays in B.C. from July 14 to 23 (note to Lower Mainland GMs: we will have to make something work this time, day at Hastings Park, perhaps?). I'm the best man in a wedding, and I'm going to be swamped, between that and all the things I have to do. And I'm not likely going to have much time to prepare a list for a minor league draft. I'll be checking in from time to time, and I might be able to announce picks from time to time, but I won't be in the draft.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
After consulting with my esteemed rival Murphy, we have decided to enter a joint team for the minor league draft. And our team will pay hommage to one of Canada's great old-timer hockey teams: the Estevan Strippers. (Named after the strip mining that exists in Southeast Saskatchewan, or so they say).

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
I'm in. I could use the work on my researching skills.

We'll be the team with a relative brand new arena that was featured on Hockey Day in Canada just this past January. Jr B finalists this year the Nelson Leafs.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
If this is open to the general public, I'm in ...
sure! ... if you're willing to do the research and draft in a timely manner, no prob... we'll be selecting players from hockey history that were NOT selected in the all-time draft #7.

what'll be your team name?

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
I’d be interested, but I kind of have a weird schedule. What are the timelines for submitting picks. 12 hours, 24 hours?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I’d be interested, but I kind of have a weird schedule. What are the timelines for submitting picks. 12 hours, 24 hours?
hasn't been determined yet... do you mean, because you are in a different time zone? I'm in South Korea and I do well enough... or are you away from a computer for days at a time? you basically have to check your computer once every day to be able to do it, you could send a shortlist of two or three players when pick is approaching... the time window will not be any longer than 12 hours...

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
being a co-g.m can be interesting, with discussions via PM, weighing pros and cons, making lists, setting priorities or simply alternating decision making

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
being a co-g.m can be interesting, with discussions via PM, weighing pros and cons, making lists, setting priorities or simply alternating decision making
Yeah. Normally it's not something I'd do, too much teamwork. And some might be surprised that I'd team with Murphy, considering we spent the last couple months talking trash about each other. But that's just banter between old friends. Truth be told, he's one of a handful of guys I'd probably be able to do this with, because we're pretty like-minded. Murphy, pit, maybe Spit and HO, are the only guys I could do it with.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
Yeah. Normally it's not something I'd do, too much teamwork. And some might be surprised that I'd team with Murphy, considering we spent the last couple months talking trash about each other.

I'm just going to use the opportunity to mess with your head, any advantage I can get for next all-time draft I'll take........

I'm intrigued about this draft because there's absolutely no history to go back on. It'll all be pretty much from scratch.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
In the last minor league draft, it was 12 hours, and after you missed a pick, it was six hours. In the last main draft, it was 9 hours after the ninth round.

My recommendation would be eight hours. Odds are good that if your pick is skipped, the guy you want will still be out there, even if several GMs pick before you get to your pick.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
hasn't been determined yet... do you mean, because you are in a different time zone? I'm in South Korea and I do well enough... or are you away from a computer for days at a time? you basically have to check your computer once every day to be able to do it, you could send a shortlist of two or three players when pick is approaching... the time window will not be any longer than 12 hours...

Its being away from my computer for awhile at a time. I wouldn't want to slow everyone down, so I guess I'll pass. However, if you guys need an extra judge at the end, I'll throw my hat in for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad