GDT: Welcome to the Black Parade: WCQF game 3, (1)Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1)LA Kings @7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I’m so pumped for this game. I don’t get to watch much during the regular season because I’m out of state and don’t have Center Ice. The first 3 games have been perfect for my work schedule...day off tomorrow. Go Kings Go!

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Please don't suck tonight. I can deal with losing the series, but not if we go out the way we've been playing in first two games...that's just unacceptable.

Reactions: The Butcher

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings can't expect .963 Quick tonight. He's already made his mark on the series, time for the rest of the team to carry him for a couple of night.

GKG! Incoming breakthrough!

Reactions: funky

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I would be amazed if Quick can perform that well ever again.

What a performance that was last Game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has an off game by last night's standard.

Dude when he's 100% on is the best goalie in the NHL ainec

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would be amazed if Quick can perform that well ever again.

What a performance that was last Game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has an off game by last night's standard.

Dude when he's 100% on is the best goalie in the NHL ainec

It's kind of like 2012, there's pretty literally nowhere to go but down. He'd have to full on post a 40 save shutout to be better. He entered the finals with a .954 that year IIRC and DROPPED to .946 lol. (maybe it was .951 but still).

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It's kind of like 2012, there's pretty literally nowhere to go but down. He'd have to full on post a 40 save shutout to be better. He entered the finals with a .954 that year IIRC and DROPPED to .946 lol. (maybe it was .951 but still).

Travesty lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls

I didn't think Quick had to be that great in 2012 because the team was so dominant

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I didn't think Quick had to be that great in 2012 because the team was so dominant

He had to be great at timely times, like when the Blues came roaring out, or when we were establishing ourselves vs. the Canucks. That often broke teams as they started overthinking.

He faced 48 and 41 shots back to back vs the Canucks and only 1 goal got through.

I think the other night was the finest game of his career with all the high danger chances though.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He had to be great at timely times, like when the Blues came roaring out, or when we were establishing ourselves vs. the Canucks. That often broke teams as they started overthinking.

He faced 48 and 41 shots back to back vs the Canucks and only 1 goal got through.

I think the other night was the finest game of his career with all the high danger chances though.
Yes, but when you hear outsiders talk about the Kings 2012 run they make it sound like Quick was standing on his head every night. In truth the Kings were outplaying their opponents on most nights. They were the best team even without Quick.

I've always felt like the media narrative that Quick was winning us games every night is way of discrediting the Kings' 2012 run as a fluke.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Must win game, Let's do this.
Go Kings Go!!!
Also going to see Kingston play Hamilton on weds since I live in Hamilton Ontario Canada. Can' wait to see Valardi play.

I’m from the Hammer as well, should be a good series. Looking forward to seeing Vilardi up close.

Tell me Pia Toscano is doing the anthem.

Perron in for Tatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad