Pre-Game Talk: Week to Find a Road Win (@CHI, @CBJ, ARZ)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably going to try easing Andrighetto in. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to swap he and Compher. JTC has sucked for the last three months, save for the odd game. He's belonged on the 4th line for quite some time and now that we're getting healthy, he's going to need to earn his place in that top-9.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
EJ & Barbs on the ice? Ghetto ready to go? Christmas already ???

It feels like we getting healthy at exactly the right time - playoffs it is :bb:

Add Wilson to that group and we have 5 decent scoring lines. Good times fellas, good times.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
They'll have practice, in Denver, in about an hour i guess (damn time zones). We will know more after that. But to be honest with Wilson & Ghetto expected to be back soon - i assume - i don't see a rosterspot for him atm. And maybe a week or two in the minors isn't the worst thing for him after missing 3+ month.

Well, I agree that after missing that much time a conditioning stint would have made sense. But Kamenev is easily good enough for a roster spot. He was NHL ready long ago. Could have played last season but Laviolette really likes veteran Centermen.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Probably going to try easing Andrighetto in. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to swap he and Compher. JTC has sucked for the last three months, save for the odd game. He's belonged on the 4th line for quite some time and now that we're getting healthy, he's going to need to earn his place in that top-9.

Yeah, but that's a pretty dangerous 4th line. Yakupov obviously hasn't played much and the other two are returning from injury but that's a lot of speed and skill for a 4th line.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, but that's a pretty dangerous 4th line. Yakupov obviously hasn't played much and the other two are returning from injury but that's a lot of speed and skill for a 4th line.
Well only one of those players has shown he can be a full time NHL contributor thus far, so it isn't a dangerous 4th line yet.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Well, I agree that after missing that much time a conditioning stint would have made sense. But Kamenev is easily good enough for a roster spot. He was NHL ready long ago. Could have played last season but Laviolette really likes veteran Centermen.

No real clarity on Kamenev yet, cleared, but not going to SA and not playing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's too bad they won't play tomorrow but at least they're getting close.

Ghetto has taken heat from all of us for his uneven play but I think the team has missed all of the positives he brings. It'll be nice to have that speed and skill back in the lineup.

I don't know what to expect from Kamenev but I'm all for adding another skilled and defensively responsible forward.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No real clarity on Kamenev yet, cleared, but not going to SA and not playing.

I don't get it. Maybe they're planning on playing him in Columbus? Otherwise this makes very little sense. They could have sent him to SA for a conditioning stint during that short road trip.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't get it. Maybe they're planning on playing him in Columbus? Otherwise this makes very little sense. They could have sent him to SA for a conditioning stint during that short road trip.

I posted it yesterday or the day before, but I think their is some indecisiveness regarding Kamenev at the moment. It would not surprise me if management wants him up but Bednar is hesitant to throw him into the mix because he is trying to make the playoffs.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I posted it yesterday or the day before, but I think their is some indecisiveness regarding Kamenev at the moment. It would not surprise me if management wants him up but Bednar is hesitant to throw him into the mix because he is trying to make the playoffs.

Maybe. But his 4th liners don't play much anyway. He could shut down Kamenev early if he doesn't like what Kamenev brings.
Kamenev could really help the team. Another reliable Centerman able to win faceoffs would be nice.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I doubt Bednar is hesitant when his options right now are Yakupov, a banged up Wilson, or recalling Greer.

Reactions: Goulet17

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
In his presser Bednar said that Kamenev is not cleared to play yet but he sticks with the team to get some practices with the rest of the group. Probably some bounding thing to make him feel that he's a part of the team. i think as soon as he clears he will go to SA for a few games to get his "mojo" back.

Spencer has been reassigned so Bernie backs up Varly at Chicago.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You can't say for certain because of Bednar's love for Wilson but if all goes well with these injuries, we may have seen the last of him on the PP. Hopefully one of Compher/Ghetto can step up and take is regular spot at even strength as well. Wilson should be getting limited minutes on the 4th line going forward.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
In his presser Bednar said that Kamenev is not cleared to play yet but he sticks with the team to get some practices with the rest of the group. Probably some bounding thing to make him feel that he's a part of the team. i think as soon as he clears he will go to SA for a few games to get his "mojo" back.

Spencer has been reassigned so Bernie backs up Varly at Chicago.

Interesting, I am not sure how he has not been cleared if he is a full participant in contact practices, but it is what it is.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Andrighetto will go right back to the PP. Soderberg can play the net front presence (he's better at it than Wilson) and Andrighetto can play the slot role until JTC figures his **** out and starts competing harder.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think Andrighetto will go right back to the PP. Soderberg can play the net front presence (he's better at it than Wilson) and Andrighetto can play the slot role until JTC figures his **** out and starts competing harder.

I would not mind dropping Yak from the second unit and inserting Ghetto.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dropping Yak to Nacho duty would be a solid move.

Landy - Mack - Rants
Sven - Kerf/Jost
Nieto - Soda - Comeau
JTC - Toni - Bourque

And when Kamenev is ready to go again, insert him in Toni's spot as the 4C. Gives us 4 lines capable of scoring a goal every night, and a couple defensively solid lines as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad