Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Condor (@Chi, LA, VGK)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I definitely like Gork more than most on here. No way I take him out of the lineup. I'd prefer him on the fourth line over Kerfoot easily. Small sample size but as of right now I'd definitely have him playing more than Kamenev too.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Gork is our #4 PK forward behind the Soda line where all three guys log heavy PK minutes. Gork averages 30 seconds more than the next closest guy in Compher. Fourth lines with Andrighettos, Yakupovs, etc. are pointless because these guys can’t contribute short handed. Gork does and Bednar trusts him. Give me any other player on the team over Gork for the top 3 lines. 4th line and PK? He’s more than respectable and the coach’s usage would indicate so.

Reactions: MarkT and Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Today's MacK fun fact... his points this season rank 8th most since the franchise moved to Denver. Considering there are 10 games left, he has a chance to move into 3rd. His goals rank 5th and he has a very good chance of being 3rd on that list (3 more).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Today's MacK fun fact... his points this season rank 8th most since the franchise moved to Denver. Considering there are 10 games left, he has a chance to move into 3rd. His goals rank 5th and he has a very good chance of being 3rd on that list (3 more).

Going to re-post this because...well because it's appropriate!

26ped8.jpg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bork playing allows Bednar to not use Landeskog heavily on the PK (Comeau/Soda taking most minutes and Bork/Nieto second most). This frees Landeskog up a bit. He and Compher can fill out the PK when needed.

Reactions: MarkT

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Mack has 84 in 54, and 27 in 15 since coming back from injury. He also has 37 goals in 54 and 13 in last 15. We could have a Rocket, Lindsay, Hart and Art Ross winner on our hands come season's end, but the Rocket is far fetched unless he keeps it up and maybe even turns up the pace.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Mack has 84 in 54, and 27 in 15 since coming back from injury. He also has 37 goals in 54 and 13 in last 15. We could have a Rocket, Lindsay, Hart and Art Ross winner on our hands come season's end, but the Rocket is far fetched unless he keeps it up and maybe even turns up the pace.
64 games. It really is too bad he missed those 8 games , however hopefully that rest helps for the playoffs.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I see what you're saying, but we can't just take every player's worst 10 game stretch away, even if it happened before Nate really took off and came into his own.
He has 84 points in the last 54 games he played. I'm not randomly throwing out his bad games, I'm including those games in which Landeskog - Nate - Mikko became a thing.

Reactions: cgf and Murzu

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
He has 84 points in the last 54 games he played. I'm not randomly throwing out his bad games, I'm including those games in which Landeskog - Nate - Mikko became a thing.
Ok my bad , yes his first 10 games only 5 points

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I'm so not used to seeing individual performances like this. I'm struggling to know how I should feel. We're witnessing history, it's incredible. We will always remember MacKinnon's 2017-18 season.

Reactions: MarkT and cgf

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Mack would need a hattrick in the next few games to make a solid push.

Laine is at .60 gpg
MacKinnon is at .59 gpg

Those 8 games missed probably keep him out of the race, but his play has been nothing short of rocket calibre.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bork on the 4th line is fine by me. He also puts in work on the PK and he works hard every shift.

See, there's a lot here I just don't agree with. What does he do for the PK that a dozen other players haven't? I'll agree he doesn't really play it poorly but he also doesn't move the needle in the other direction either. Guys like Comeau, Soderberg, Nieto, and Compher are at least a scoring threat when on the man-disadvantage.

Also, I don't agree AT ALL that he works hard every shift. He's not necessarily lazy but his physical game comes and goes and that's what I take issue with. He's pretty much useless unless he's throttling guys on the forecheck, and we only see that every 4th or 5th game or so. The rest of the time he plays rather pensively and is a clown show with the puck on his stick. He was a complete liability last game. I can see why Bednar doesn't want to roll out a 4th line of Kerfoot-Kamenev-Toninato but I think that line would be worlds more effective than watching the play die on Gork's stick every shift.

Reactions: McMetal and cgf

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
The problem is the second line. I like our 1st, 3rd, and 4th line, and Yak as the 13th forward. Jost is 2nd line material, but I don't think any of the other spare parts are good enough. Maybe Kerfoot/Kamanev as a winger, but that's it. If I could, I'd ship Wilson and Andrighetto out for picks. We have younger players who can contribute as much as they can, and cost less.

1. Landy - Mack - Rants
2. Jost - XXXXX - XXXXX ..........somehow complete this line with a mix of Kerfoot, Wilson, Kamanev, and Andrighetto
3. Nieto - Soderberg - Comeau
4. Bourque - Toninato - Compher
Yak = 13th forward

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ghetto and Soda are the only two forwards I'd say are 2nd line capable right now and that is a bit of a stretch at times. Ghetto especially as he can be more of a liability when he isn't scoring, but when he's on he can play at that level. If the Soda line wasn't trucking along so well for their role, I'd be tempted to try Jost-Soda-Ghetto or Ghetto-Soda-Compher.

Reactions: MarkT and cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad