Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Condor (@Chi, LA, VGK)

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And then this just got posted by someone on Twitter

DYqc6peV4AEsUlH.jpg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Honestly, those playoffs would be amazing. You have natural rivalries already in Boston/Toronto, Pittsburgh/Philadelphia, and San Jose/Anaheim.

Then you have Nashville taking on two-time cup winner, Los Angeles. You've got the natural demographic rivalry of Winnipeg/Minnesota. You've got the matchup nobody on earth predicted in Vegas/Colorado.

Amazing matchups, honestly. You know the playoffs would be absolutely must-watch hockey when arguably the two "least" interesting series' would have Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos, and Victor Hedman take on Taylor Hall, while the other has Alex Ovechkin in it.

Please, NHL standings, stay like this.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
At this point I really just want us to win enough to get that first wildcard spot so we can face Vegas and cause their predictable first round exit as reality sets in and their defensive core tries to stop a playoff-mode MacKinnon.

But honestly any matchup looks okay right now. MacKinnon has it in him the way he's playing to singlehandedly win four games out of seven against any team in the west.

So for these next three games all I'm hoping for is enough to keep us on pace for that first wildcard spot.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
Get to be in Denver for the games against LA and Vegas - awesome to be watching hockey that matters this late in the year.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That Wild vs. Jets series would be a total bloodbath.

I really hope the playoffs stay exactly like this. Such an interesting fist round.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
This is going to be such an exciting 3 weeks of hockey. Happy to be here for sure, but not satisfied until we clinch!

Starting the week off with a win against Chicago is huge for momentum and points obviously, but we really want the boys feeling good going into that LA game. If we come off a loss, I could see them gripping the sticks a little harder knowing how important it is not to drop two in a row.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Will MacK pass/catch Ovi and Kuch this week? 4 points out of the lead in points, and 5 goals behind Ovi.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't think anyone will catch Ovechkin or Laine

I have my doubts on the goals as well, but the points race seems completely up for grabs. It is pretty crazy that hes even that close in goals. I'd never even considered checking that lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Two more guys getting healthy. I just hope Bednar can restrain himself and not let Wilson play above the 4th line.

Reactions: MarkT

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
So with Berns and Wilson ready we are carrying around 9D, 15F and 3G. I have no idea about the post trade deadline regulations ... but is that even allowed? Besides ... like some of us at the beginning of the season pointed out: Good to have some depth. Take that hockey gods. WE ARE STILL HERE!!! :phew:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So with Berns and Wilson ready we are carrying around 9D, 15F and 3G. I have no idea about the post trade deadline regulations ... but is that even allowed? Besides ... like some of us at the beginning of the season pointed out: Good to have some depth. Take that hockey gods. WE ARE STILL HERE!!! :phew:

The roster limit is lifted post trade deadline.

Reactions: Raucherhusten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad