NFL GDT: Week 9

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Where's Charger girl? Probably roockng a Dobbs jersey.

Chargers get 1 more TD and that will be a nice lead..

To choke away.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
With the way RTP has been called this year, I was thinking a flag was coming in there with the tackle on Herbert

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was close. Thought they may call him for the toss if the refs believed they blew the whistle and DL had enough time to lay off and not put him down. But if you are giving a 6’6 230 lb Herbert the chance to escape then you can’t blame the DL for trying to get him to the ground.

With the way RTP has been called this year, I was thinking a flag was coming in there with the tackle on Herbert

There has to be balance of the refs are giving the mobile or escape QBs the chance to avoid the sack then they can’t fault the DL for taking them down. Otherwise, protect the QB and call in the grasp and blow the play dead.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
It was close. Thought they may call him for the toss if the refs believed they blew the whistle and DL had enough time to lay off and not put him down. But if you are giving a 6’6 230 lb Herbert the chance to escape then you can’t blame the DL for trying to get him to the ground.

There has to be balance of the refs are giving the mobile or escape QBs the chance to avoid the sack then they can’t fault the DL for taking them down. Otherwise, protect the QB and call in the grasp and blow the play dead.
I'm glad it wasn't called for RTP as I believe it is tough on the defender to make a tackle to make sure the QB goes down but don't do it too hard. Just the way he threw Herbert done to ground I was just waiting for a flag to come in.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm glad it wasn't called for RTP as I believe it is tough on the defender to make a tackle to make sure the QB goes down but don't do it too hard. Just the way he threw Herbert done to ground I was just waiting for a flag to come in.
Some refs would have thrown the Flag. So the DC and DL coach should make that point to the team during team meetings. That was close and could go either way. Don’t want to risk a flag. But again, also comes down to how hard the AB is fighting g to get away. IMO if the QB has his arms tied up the refs needs to come in and blow the whistle for in the grasp as the QB will be vulnerable if take. To the ground without his hands to brace for the ground.

Reactions: red devil

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Oddly first place in my league is on the line tonight ,I don’t even have anyone going but if one dude loses I take back what's mine..1st

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jesus this is pitiful.

This Wilson led offense is worse than Peter Tom Willis, Steve Stenstrom, Shane Matthews and Craig Krenzel led Bear offenses and those were some of the worst offenses I have ever seen for Bears.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
It's been quite a boring season if we are being honest. So many bad QB's, so many bad primetime games.

And we get Panthers @ Bears, Jets @ Raiders and Broncos @ Bills in primetime this week. :laugh:

images

Yeah it's been ugly. Rodgers going down with an ACL on his first possession really set the tone for the season I guess.
Just a lot of bad to mediocre at best football teams right now.

Miss the creativity that used to be in this league, so many check downs and little bs screen plays. Maybe it's the lack of quality QBs but it seems like a completed throw over 25yds is a rarity.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
images

Yeah it's been ugly. Rodgers going down with an ACL on his first possession really set the tone for the season I guess.
Just a lot of bad to mediocre at best football teams right now.

Miss the creativity that used to be in this league, so many check downs and little bs screen plays. Maybe it's the lack of quality QBs but it seems like a completed throw over 25yds is a rarity.
See I'd send dudes deep on first down all the time, it's like 50-50 to get a PI call.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00