NFL GDT: Week 9

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Why is going to bed at 8pm being dedicated to your craft? Does he sleep 12 hours a night?
Partying is far more the norm...even Collinsworth hints at being a bit a night owl....

Sleep is important for studying and focus. Often requires disicpline. Burrow might be in the office at 5am or earlier studying film.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Partying is far more the norm...even Collinsworth hints at being a bit a night owl....

Sleep is important for studying and focus. Often requires disicpline. Burrow might be in the office at 5am or earlier studying film.
The games are only played once a week, usually. Whether you start at 5am or 8am, the film is still the film.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

It’s that last part, getting up at 4am. First in the building.

It’s what Manning and (more famously) Brady did, I’m surprised we didn’t get that lecture too.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The games are only played once a week, usually. Whether you start at 5am or 8am, the film is still the film.
From what I've read, both coaches and players who pan out to the top are obsessive and not a spare moment is wasted on the game...even at the expense of their family's mental health. (I read a bio on Bill Walsh. ) Lines like Taylor Heinicke seeing Brady already in the facility studying film at 5am. Or Deion Sanders(whose persona leads people to infer he was fun and casual) pointing one photo of him already studying the next opponent after a win.

Football is a high information processing sport. Very meticulous and planned out. Playbooks are esentially textbooks, and different systems are essentially language-learning.

Timely sleep is key to a sharp mind and bodily healing. So Burrow is obviously all in on the work during the season.

Reactions: RedRocking

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I get the Bills have injuries on defense, but if they dont make the playoffs and Allen plays the rest of the season without major health issues, I think McDermott should be sacked. No way should this team be 5-4. They lost to the Patriots are home. Inexcusable. I still think they can make it but it will be tough.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I get the Bills have injuries on defense, but if they dont make the playoffs and Allen plays the rest of the season without major health issues, I think McDermott should be sacked. No way should this team be 5-4. They lost to the Patriots are home. Inexcusable. I still think they can make it but it will be tough.
The whole coaching staff should be gone if they miss the playoffs.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The whole coaching staff should be gone if they miss the playoffs.
Well I would think if McDermott goes the rest of them do too. Other than the Broncos next week, Jets the week after, and Patriots the rest of their games are going to be rough. 5-3 might get them in but that is going to be tough to get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad