Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
338420_10150336095021720_105616741_o.jpg

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
ECU Might beat Uconn, but dont bet your house on it.

They will beat South florida though. and then probably win one of UCF/Cincin

USF is playing better football of late. Held Memphis to their lowest score of the season. ECU is beatable.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
****** news, he is a good coach.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tires-minnesota-golden-gophers-football-coach

Jerry Kill has retired as football coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, effective immediately, because of health reasons, it was announced Wednesday.

Kill made the surprise announcement one day after missing a scheduled meeting with the media. Kill has epilepsy, and had to take a leave of absence from the team in 2013 while dealing with seizures.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...o-tom-brady-peyton-manning-joe-montana-102815

Joe Roth is one of the most compelling figures in Pac-12 history. A star QB at Cal in the mid '70s, Roth was a preseason All-American expected by many to lead the Golden Bears to their first Rose Bowl in almost two decades. He played his senior season while battling an aggressive strain of malignant melanoma. Months later, Roth was gone, at age 21.
His story is told in a powerful new documentary that debuted this week on the Pac-12 Network, called "Don't Quit: The Joe Roth Story."

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Absolutely gutted by the news about Jerry Kill. :(

He made me so proud of my alma mater. The University as a whole will be worse off without him there.

I lived right across from the football facilities in college, so I saw him quite often on the street, and stopped him to chat a couple times. He was always very gracious and kind. For real, hearing the announcement, and then hearing how emotional he was in the press conference, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

If you are bored this afternoon, and are looking for reading material, check out this long-form article on Jerry Kill, written last year, from a CNN columnist. It's about Jerry's epilepsy, and how he inspired so many with the same condition (including the author's young son)

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/10/us/epilepsy-football-coach/index.html

Thank you for your service, Jerry. Thank you for being such a great person. Thank you for being a great ambassador for our University and what we stand for. And for making me proud to say that I'm a Gopher fan.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is there a reason we have so many games on Thursday and Friday?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Jerry Kill was an amazing person and I wish him nothing but the best. Minnesota is the only B1G school I can stomach cheering for and a large part of that was him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad