NCAA: Week 8: The Oregon Prevail

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LSU has been great in second halves outside of the Tennessee game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That overturned interception has me wondering how we ever lived before replay

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hearing rumors Texas A&M lost to South Carolina.

Also the Beavs laying it down on Colorado 42-9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Washington having issues with Cal, but just scored to go to 14-7

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Sark is killing me. I want this guy to succeed so bad. There’s obviously improvements and I expected 8 wins before a bowl game but this dude cannot coach 2nd halfs. I don’t know what the hell happens but it’s an insane Jekyll/Hyde situation. We look like one of the best teams in the country in the first half and the second we can’t do anything

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
GameDay has no good FBS place to go, so they're going to Jackson State for a big HBCU rivalry vs. Southern.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
GameDay has no good FBS place to go, so they're going to Jackson State for a big HBCU rivalry vs. Southern.

Good for them. They went to an FCS game a couple years ago, it's slipping my mind but it was a lot of fun.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
So who looks like their best positioned to make the Playoff at this point?

Out of the Top 6, Clemson looks to have the easiest road in terms of competition. Any loss by them and I think they are out.

Not sure if Tenn. @ Georgia, Ole Miss & LSU hosting Bama, or Ohio State hosting Michigan is the tougher test for Ga., Bama, or Ohio State. Accordingly, Tennessee's and Michigan's road looks to be the toughest.

Barring any upsets of the Top 6, it is likely Clemson, two SEC teams, and OH/Mich.

I think Bama loses one of Ole Miss or more likely LSU which leaves a one loss OSU/Mich and a one loss Tenn/Georgia in the running with a potentially undefeated TCU.

My guess is the first CFB rankings will give a lot more weight to the SEC and Mich/OSU than the AP rankings are now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So who looks like their best positioned to make the Playoff at this point?

Out of the Top 6, Clemson looks to have the easiest road in terms of competition. Any loss by them and I think they are out.

Not sure if Tenn. @ Georgia, Ole Miss & LSU hosting Bama, or Ohio State hosting Michigan is the tougher test for Ga., Bama, or Ohio State. Accordingly, Tennessee's and Michigan's road looks to be the toughest.

Barring any upsets of the Top 6, it is likely Clemson, two SEC teams, and OH/Mich.

I think Bama loses one of Ole Miss or more likely LSU which leaves a one loss OSU/Mich and a one loss Tenn/Georgia in the running with a potentially undefeated TCU.

My guess is the first CFB rankings will give a lot more weight to the SEC and Mich/OSU than the AP rankings are now.
Clemson feels like they have a loss coming. I think if they played each other, Oregon would beat them. Oregon still has some tough games though.

I wonder how much the committee will hold close games against Texas and Texas A&M against them. As long as they beat LSU, they get another shot at Tennessee or Georgia.

Ohio State/Michigan, unless something silly happens, it will be whoever wins that game.

Georgia can probably lose once and be safe. Might be interesting if Tennessee wins, because it’s almost like Georgia benefits by not having to play in Atlanta.

Reactions: daver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad