NCAA: Week 8: The Oregon Prevail

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Week 8 is already underway, last night with Appy State getting a win. Tonight, Virginia and Georgia Tech are fighting it out in the game that god forgot.

Big Noon is in Columbus with #2 Ohio State 30-point favorites hosting Iowa.

Another weeks with a number of ranked matchups - at Noon on ABC we have #14 Syracuse in #5 Clemson, winner gets to keep the color orange

#20 Texas heads to Stillwater as favorites to take on Oklahoma State, who is ranked 11th and no one is talking about (there usually isn't ever a reason to even when they're good)

The big one is out in Eugene where Game Day is featuring another game they aren't airing, and the only top-10 matchup, #9 and undefeated UCLA vs #10 Oregon to determine the Pac 12's top dog. Fox has this in the late-afternoon window.

#6 Alabama looks to shake off their loss last week hosting #24 Mississippi State in prime time on ESPN.

Fox prime time has #17 Kansas State headed to #8 TCU.

Also: #7 Ole Miss is on upset alert as underdogs as they go to Baton Rouge. ABC prime time has Minnesota in #16 Penn State?? Who the hell is watching that one? The Beavs host Colorado in their natural habitat of the Pac 12 Network.

Pac 12 after dark has Washington in California.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to win enough $$$$ to be able to afford premium suite tickets to all remaining Phillies post season games then go with the Bear (who was 1-2 last week and 11-10 on the season) on these 3 candidates for game of the year:

Louisiana Monroe plus 6 & 1/2 over Army
Texas Tech minus 5 over West Virginia
South Carolina plus 3 over aTm

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@GKJ If you want to win enough $$$$ to be able to afford premium suite tickets to all remaining Phillies post season games then go with the Bear (who was 1-2 last week and 11-10 on the season) on these 3 candidates for game of the year:

Louisiana Monroe plus 6 & 1/2 over Army
Texas Tech minus 5 over West Virginia
South Carolina plus 3 over aTm
UL-Monroe vs. Army — get outta here

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection.......from Eugene OR, home of Lee's fave mascot & where Chargers QB Justin Herbert honed his skillz!! :yo:

Factoid: Lee s 13-7 when donning The Duck &1-2 when donning the Bruin head :nod:

Sign of the Day: "What is higher, UCLA's SAT scores or attendance @ their football games?" :laugh:

Celebrity Picker: Oregon Women's CBB legend Sabrina Ionescu, who obviously likes her Ducks tonight :nod:

Lee: The Duck is on the stage....Lee says its been 4 years since his last visit.....tell the Duck how much he loves him. But UCLA is unbeaten.......doesn't matter as Lee dons the Duck as a live duck joins Lee & The Duck :biglaugh:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Garbage personal foul call on 3rd and forever (he hasn't even steeped out of bounds yet when he got hit!) extends Clemson's drive and they end up scoring. 21-16. Cuse needs something on offense, 3rd and 4.

And now holding. Refs got their memo at halftime.

And no call on a hit much further out of bounds on Shrader.

Reactions: Tsujimoto

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If I’m the Pac 12, or just anyone in general, I’m kinda insulted that Fox sent their A broadcast team to Columbus to see Ohio State shitkick Iowa as opposed to a top 10 matchup that gives a team the inside track to the playoff.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The refs just completely changed the game in Death Valley. I'd say they should be ashamed, but this is what conference affiliations do. Everyone knows Clemson's the most likely to make the playoff in the ACC, and it's worth millions of dollars to the conference.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The refs just completely changed the game in Death Valley. I'd say they should be ashamed, but this is what conference affiliations do. Everyone knows Clemson's the most likely to make the playoff in the ACC, and it's worth millions of dollars to the conference.
An undefeated ACC champion makes the playoff no matter what.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Clemson set the trap and got the interception.

Sean McDonough awfully feisty today.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
An undefeated ACC champion makes the playoff no matter what.
I would hope so, although ESPN's predictor had an undefeated SYR making the playoff 43% of the time or something like that, so it's at least not guaranteed the way it would be for Clemson. There's also the general feeling that Clemson has a much better chance to go undefeated the rest of the year.

First thing my dad says when I walked in the door today (whole family's in town) was "boy Syracuse really got screwed today didn't they" :laugh:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm just at a complete loss........I keep hearing the players hate Mario. Thats still no excuse to constantly lay eggs week after week. I don't even know if there is an answer anymore.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
terrible clock management by Oklahoma State at the end of the first half. Forced a long FG that was no good

Texas up 31 - 24

First half took 2 hours

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad