NFL GDT: Week 8 - Part 3

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
:laugh:

I was making fun of some troll that was in here earlier. He was going on and on about how bad Rodgers is and attacking everybody in sight about it.

I know who you're talking about. I saw it. I mostly disagree with him but I do think Aaron has an ego and is selfish. That loss was a team effort. The defense stunk. He seemed afraid ri throw some passes to guys who were open. For the most part the rexievers couldn't get open. They were outplayed. Can't totally blame one guy for that lack of effort.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Luck probably could have had 5 picks tonight. Even after that comeback, he's still a mess.

I do think they should play fast though. Run Hilton and Moncrief all over the field. The slow power run game with deep shots mixed in is dumb.

The last pick was poor ball placement. He threw it right where Harper was. He should've threw it lower and on Fleeners left. He played a bit better when the Panthers went to a soft zone but still erratic.

DaDucks*

Good lord... Our D-line isn't very good at getting to the QB :( (Panthers)

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Dangerous game. That D had to use everything today. The game is 1pm on Sunday. So they are limited in comparison to the rest. The game also went to OT. Rodgers had the worst game of his career? One just has to think he comes out really angry and has a solid day in a big game.

Oh yeah?

Well, Norman will be covering Jordy Nelson. I'm going to bet that it'll be as if Nelson isn't even playing. I'm so confident of Norman's forthcoming dominant game in shutting down Nelson to the point of complete irrelevancy that I plan to quote this post later.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Anyways, should be a good game, will be interesting to see how the Panthers D handles an elite QB. Once the rain stopped and the D grew tired + they stopped blitzing + went to soft zone (likely because they were tired, correct me if I'm wrong, but you go to man when playing prevent D, correct? The complete opposite of zone), Luck started playing well. That's not to pretend that Luck was, in any way, good: but there are holes here to be exploited.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Anyways, should be a good game, will be interesting to see how the Panthers D handles an elite QB. Once the rain stopped and the D grew tired + they stopped blitzing + went to soft zone (likely because they were tired, correct me if I'm wrong, but you go to man when playing prevent D, correct? The complete opposite of zone), Luck started playing well. That's not to pretend that Luck was, in any way, good: but there are holes here to be exploited.

No you sit back in zone coverage to keep the ball in front of you and make the opposing team chew up clock. They just sat back way too early and gave the Colts life. Once that happens its tough to ramp the intensity back up.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
yeah that was definitely a prevent defense, it was maddening to watch. Giving the colts all the 15 yard passes they wanted. Don't be shocked when the score a TD in 3 minutes. and then you 3 and out yourself by running the ball up the gut 3 times. Repeat that two and a half times and you cannot be surprised you just blew a 17 point lead in 8 minutes.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
yeah that was definitely a prevent defense, it was maddening to watch. Giving the colts all the 15 yard passes they wanted. Don't be shocked when the score a TD in 3 minutes. and then you 3 and out yourself by running the ball up the gut 3 times. Repeat that two and a half times and you cannot be surprised you just blew a 17 point lead in 8 minutes.

I'm amazed teams haven't learned that prevent defense doesn't work unless its for like yesterday at the end of the Bengals game guarding the end zone. The prevent defense allows them to move the ball with ease to the money zone and once you get down there you're again dealing with short plays and you're already in a rhythm with that having gone down the field. You're better off playing normal defense and getting burned on a big play. The whole theory behind prevent defense is to make them eat clock. It works but teams stick with it way too long in games when they use it and by the time they go back to a normal defense they are tired and the other team is rolling on offense. Until prevent D Indy really did nothing the majority of the night except for off of short fields from turnovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad