NCAA: Week 5: Grandmaster Prime and the Delirious Sleep Deprived

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, Colorado was extremely overhyped. The program is going to grow and get much better but they aren’t there yet. Too many sports writers put stock into them becoming an overnight power house.
Exactly. I really think Deion is going to build something there but the real fruits won’t be until years 3-4. I know people think Prime is just gonna jump ship immediately to a bigger football brand school but I actually think he’s gonna stick around for a few years because the results aren’t going to look like a rocket ship to the moon in year one or two. He of course immediately grabbed some convenient skill position talent upon arrival but you can see just how the foundation of both the lines are having to be built from scratch and that can take longer to be a cohesive unit with the right 4-5 star athletes.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I swear Lincoln keeps Grinch because he wants his offence to score as many points as possible

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That throw by Sanders was ridiculous.

I don't like some of his pocket play, especially against pressure, but he's impressive.

Reactions: Tony Romo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That throw by Sanders was ridiculous.

I don't like some of his pocket play, especially against pressure, but he's impressive.
It’s hard to improve without a great line. It may have to wait for the NFL, which might push him down the draft board, unless someone thinks he is Michael Vick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Prime brings this guy off the bench out of nowhere and no one can cover him

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
LOL

Imagine needing 3 quarters to "open the floodgates" against Northwestern and then bragging about it.
Still covered. Good teams win, great teams cover.

One thing is for sure - no way in HELL would PSU struggle this much against Colorado. Their D would shut the Sanders kid down hard.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
LOL

Imagine needing 3 quarters to "open the floodgates" against Northwestern and then bragging about it.
I read something not long ago that tracked PSU fans in phases through the season. It's been very true the last few years. It went basically like:

Phase 1 - Offseason, bragging all spring & summer about how THIS is the year based on recruiting class, transfers, etc.
Phase 2 - Season starts, PSU stomps some hapless opponent (this year it was WVU coming off a 7-loss season), is absurdly overhyped by the media, gets ranked high and fans double down on THIS is the year talk. Fans start **** talking to the OSU & Michigan people.
Phase 3 - PSU begins struggling against teams it should be annihilating, yet fans continue to brag.
Phase 4 - PSU inevitably loses a game it was heavily favored to win and their fans begin to disappear.
Phase 5 - PSU loses (usually badly) to OSU and Michigan.
Phase 6 - PSU fans vanish - no sign of them - tumbleweeds, etc. until next spring.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Can bank on it, every year. I figure we're somewhere between Phases 3 & 4 right now.

Reactions: Hasbro and MM917

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can’t take a sack on 4th down.

Penn State is set up to be a playoff contender next year, which doesn’t mean they aren’t this year. Allar will be a year older, Ohio State at home, don’t have to play Michigan, and presumably USC at home with a different quarterback. They actually will get to schedule another home game because USC was scheduled prior to realignment.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I don’t think they beat both.
They avoid Wazzu/Oregon State.

But have Utah and ND as well. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

Can’t take a sack on 4th down.

Penn State is set up to be a playoff contender next year, which doesn’t mean they aren’t this year. Allar will be a year older, Ohio State at home, don’t have to play Michigan, and presumably USC at home with a different quarterback. They actually will get to schedule another home game because USC was scheduled prior to realignment.
Penn State could be pre season big 10 favourites. Michigan is going to lose a TONNNNNN

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I read something not long ago that tracked PSU fans in phases through the season. It's been very true the last few years. It went basically like:

Phase 1 - Offseason, bragging all spring & summer about how THIS is the year based on recruiting class, transfers, etc.
Phase 2 - Season starts, PSU stomps some hapless opponent (this year it was WVU coming off a 7-loss season), is absurdly overhyped by the media, gets ranked high and fans double down on THIS is the year talk. Fans start **** talking to the OSU & Michigan people.
Phase 3 - PSU begins struggling against teams it should be annihilating, yet fans continue to brag.
Phase 4 - PSU inevitably loses a game it was heavily favored to win and their fans begin to disappear.
Phase 5 - PSU loses (usually badly) to OSU and Michigan.
Phase 6 - PSU fans vanish - no sign of them - tumbleweeds, etc. until next spring.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Can bank on it, every year. I figure we're somewhere between Phases 3 & 4 right now.
Generally agree on the bragging, we are a cocky fanbase. But uh… struggling against teams it should be annihilating? Losing a game they’re heavily favored to win? Sorry to the haters, but it isn’t 2021 anymore. They generally take care of business, as evidenced by them covering today. I TOLD you all a few pages ago I believe we’re a safe bet to cover, Coach Franklin doesn’t **** around.

They have also given Ohio St and Michigan scares and beaten them a few times, but they do need to do it more, no doubt. It begins this year, and if not this year - ho hum, another 10-11 win season and New Year’s bowl, as should be on autoplay as a PSU fan? Not a bad consolation. Also as mentioned above, so right that 2024 is ripe for the playoff, ESPECIALLY with Allar and others back.

Also, just lol if you’re a Notre Dame fan (if not disregard).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Penn State could be pre season big 10 favourites. Michigan is going to lose a TONNNNNN
They can beat Utah. If USC gets to the playoff, Caleb obviously wins the Heisman again. But with their defense, it feels like they should lose twice. We see what the game plans are, just keep scoring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Caveat will be if Ohio State goes to the transfer portal for a QB. Depends who is out there, because a lot of top programs will be looking, not sure there’s enough to go around.

USC misses a field goal that would’ve put this away

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is some of the worst play calling and time management you'll see.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado taking too much time, then they take a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad