NFL GDT: Week 4

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Belichick is drunk.

Even if Folk had made it. 1 minute, 2 TOs. TB12 was getting those points back.

Let Mac win it.
Jones wasn't pushing the ball past 10 yards or so of the LOS. Best success was those short passes to the RB. Incomplete passes on their final drive. No running game to keep the clock churning once they got close. Plus same bad decisions which is uncharacteristic of the Pats. Bolden got the 1st but ran out of bounds rather than turning up field to get tackled in bounds. Force TB to use up their TO.

Already seen Carr with 35 seconds and Rodgers 24 seconds with a TO get their team into FG range with 2 completed passes.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Gould has job security in that I don't think there's anyone off the street who would take his job from him. Guessing it happened late. If it was bothering him the team should have noticed something during practice this week. Didn't catch the entire game but did SF pass up any FG opportunities because of his unavailability?
They stopped trying any after Wishnowsky missed a Pat and fg from around 40.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Dolphins gonna be 1-4 after next week & their season is all but done..........I'm slowly beginning to warm to the idea of getting Watson, character issues or not. Just need to see what Tua can do when he comes back.
I can see Watson being an Eagle before a Dolphin. That city would embrace his character issues

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
They played the Bucs, Chargers, Eagles, and Panthers. Before the season, I would figure most would have expected either 3-1 with a loss to TB or 2-2 if they lost to the LAC. Most would expect them to have beaten the Eagles and offensively are better than Carolina, who is missing their best player in McCaffery.

Not too big a surprise.

It’s easy to say all of this now. Eagles were expected to contend for the NFC East title with the Cowboys. Chargers were the favourites heading into the game. Panthers had the best defense, specifically run defense (shut down Kamara)…Cowboys ran 250 on them.

You can’t really talk injuries to discredit Cowboys opponents. Martin missed Week 1, Collins Week 2-6. Gallup, Wilson, Lawrence. Missing tons of impactful starters.

Discredit the Cowboys all you want, but they have a potent offense and their defense is getting huge takeaways.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Really? Tom is the greatest bad weather QB ever. The rain was not an issue. We don't need to make excuses for the goat
Except the Bucs rely more on a vertical passing game especially last night with Gronk and Bernard out. And it's not just the QB that has trouble; it's worse for the receivers. I counted 5 times last night Bucs receivers either dropped or lost track of well thrown longer balls they would normally catch.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Friendly reminder that this sack of shit was taken with the 10th overall pick

Yeah, the local fanbase is rightfully calling for Grier's head right now. I doubt even Watson would be successful behind this monstrosity of an OL, that said, Brissett just seems lost right now for the most part. At least FitzMagic was able to improvise & make plays despite the crappy OL play.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Friendly reminder that this sack of shit was taken with the 10th overall pick

Pick 18 actually. But what is most damning is that he’s the pick that was acquired from the M. Fitzpatrick trade.
Having multiple firsts is great but you still need to draft and develop them when you trade star players for them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s easy to say all of this now. Eagles were expected to contend for the NFC East title with the Cowboys. Chargers were the favourites heading into the game. Panthers had the best defense, specifically run defense (shut down Kamara)…Cowboys ran 250 on them.

You can’t really talk injuries to discredit Cowboys opponents. Martin missed Week 1, Collins Week 2-6. Gallup, Wilson, Lawrence. Missing tons of impactful starters.

Discredit the Cowboys all you want, but they have a potent offense and their defense is getting huge takeaways.
Am I shocked that they are 3-1? No….
Dallas had the offense. Quinn is an excellent DC so he’s done a great job so far with them.

going into the season did many expect the panthers to be 3-0 to start? 2-1 given that they got the Jets and Texans to start. Beat the Saints at home which was the only game really in question that they could or should lose.

Have to look at the opponents. I also was not shocked to see Denver at 3-0 given their opponents. Teddy not elite QB but he is a great game manager and they have the D to win games that way.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Am I shocked that they are 3-1? No….
Dallas had the offense. Quinn is an excellent DC so he’s done a great job so far with them.

going into the season did many expect the panthers to be 3-0 to start? 2-1 given that they got the Jets and Texans to start. Beat the Saints at home which was the only game really in question that they could or should lose.

Have to look at the opponents. I also was not shocked to see Denver at 3-0 given their opponents. Teddy not elite QB but he is a great game manager and they have the D to win games that way.

don't be surprised when they finish the season with 12+ wins

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
That they threw snowballs at Santa and batteries at JD Drew

What does that have to do with the allegations against DeShaun Watson?

No one's arguing Philadelphia isn't ruthless.

Football is a money making machine. Cincy and Jacksonville best ratings in 3 years. Cincy. And Jacksonville.

A broken fanbase and a fanbase that the owner is actively trying to break.

The NFL is simply beyond a sport at this point.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Football is a money making machine. Cincy and Jacksonville best ratings in 3 years. Cincy. And Jacksonville.

yeah but it was the last two first overall picks playing each other. I was more interested in this game than Brady vs New England honestly

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Chargers - Raiders at the SoFi Stadium, I wonder how big percentage of those will be Raiders fans.

The other week I heard 70-30. For the away team. That sounded low to me. I wanted to go but couldn't swing it. It also seems like a Vegas trip when they play Denver would actually be cheaper for me.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The other week I heard 70-30. For the away team. That sounded low to me. I wanted to go but couldn't swing it. It also seems like a Vegas trip when they play Denver would actually be cheaper for me.
Probably close to what it was for the Dal and LAC game back in week 2.
That is why Kroenke didn’t want first option to share the stadium to go to the raiders but the chargers instead.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So they have a roof, but it's still a weather delay? I mean did they build the roof as a lightning conductor, hoping to duplicate Ben Franklin's experiment? Why is this game being delayed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad