NCAA GDT: Week 4

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
if any b1g school goes unbeaten in conf play they will go in. the only one with an OOC loss right now is OSU.

ND is floating out there too. If they get past #8 Cincinnati next week their arguably toughest game left is at home vs. No. Carolina. But really other than Alabama and maybe Georgia, nobody looks unbeatable.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If tOSU, Michigan St or Penn St go unbeaten in conference play, they will get in

They can get in with 1 loss.

WTF has gone on with Clemson? I'm not totally shocked given how they've looked and I know they lost a lot of guys, but they had the #1 recruit at QB who looked great last year and put 40 on Notre Dame, even with a substandard running game they should not be that impotent on offense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ND is floating out there too. If they get past #8 Cincinnati next week their arguably toughest game left is at home vs. No. Carolina. But really other than Alabama and maybe Georgia, nobody looks unbeatable.
This could be the year we finally get a 2-loss team in the playoff. The committee at this point will only do that if they have to.

Reactions: southsideIrish

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
They can get in with 1 loss.

WTF has gone on with Clemson? I'm not totally shocked given how they've looked and I know they lost a lot of guys, but they had the #1 recruit at QB who looked great last year and put 40 on Notre Dame, even with a substandard running game they should not be that impotent on offense.
Their O line is made of swiss cheese ultra thin sliced. Oicantspell this isn't fast enough at reading the D yet to compensate

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Clemson had an unbelievable run dominating the ACC during Watson and Lawrence eras. Eventually they had to rebuild. Looked vulnerable against Ohio State last year, Georgia exposed them and NC State delivered them the first loss to an unranked team since 2017

Ohio State is also rebuilding too, it's just that these programs are going through growing pains. And then Alabama just reloads without any period of adaptation whatsoever. Bryce Young just comes in and balls out against Miami.

Sep 19, 2008
Clifford has been pretty impressive at QB for PSU. Been reluctant to say that for many PSU QB's as PSU had the same problem Wisconsin and many Big Ten teams had where they weren't focused on the passing game but rather the old school mentality of grinding it down.

I saw on Gameday that Penn State recently hired a new offensive coordinator who was supposed to open up the offense. I'm a believer that the Big Ten should stop playing 13-9 boring ass football and enter the 21st century. To Ohio State's credit, they are literally the only one with an explosive offense for years. Day and Urb innovated offense there.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Clifford has been pretty impressive at QB for PSU. Been reluctant to say that for many PSU QB's as PSU had the same problem Wisconsin and many Big Ten teams had where they weren't focused on the passing game but rather the old school mentality of grinding it down.

I saw on Gameday that Penn State recently hired a new offensive coordinator who was supposed to open up the offense. I'm a believer that the Big Ten should stop playing 13-9 boring ass football and enter the 21st century. To Ohio State's credit, they are literally the only one with an explosive offense for years. Day and Urb innovated offense there.
penn states offense under was moorhead was built on the big play. pretty much only last year was bad over the past 5-6 years.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Clemson had an unbelievable run dominating the ACC during Watson and Lawrence eras. Eventually they had to rebuild. Looked vulnerable against Ohio State last year, Georgia exposed them and NC State delivered them the first loss to an unranked team since 2017

Ohio State is also rebuilding too, it's just that these programs are going through growing pains. And then Alabama just reloads without any period of adaptation whatsoever. Bryce Young just comes in and balls out against Miami.
I get being a transition year when you break in a new QB. But to not get too recruits for the OL on a regular basis along with other position groups when you can move guys around. Guys start off either at G, move to RT, then into LT. If you want to ensure experience at the key position.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Spencer Rattler getting booed off the field with chants of 'we want caleb'

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
West Virginia up 10-7 at half.

Defense is still winning this season

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
About as good a first half as WVU could have asked for. Gave up an INT but that effectively ended up being a punt, but so far not losing the turnover battle and effectively neutralized their offense so far.

Would like to see more Garrett Greene in the 2nd half, OU is able to key in on Leddie Brown a bit too much for my liking when it's Doege under center.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Arkansas is freaking legit. Top 10 team in the nation in my opinion. Tremendous, athletic defense and a more versatile offense than you'd think. They may not beat Georgia next week but they're certainly going to give them hell.

Someone from the ACC is going to get into a high-end bowl game and exactly none of those teams deserve it.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

PSU has had some consistency issues over the past few years but they're more athletic than Wisconsin and certainly throw the ball better as well.

Reactions: John Price

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Make no mistake about it, PSU being in the fold is no fluke. They are one of college football’s blue bloods. Cliff won’t blow you away, but this program doesn’t need an elite QB to be a playoff threat every year.

That’s the talent, the defense, the coaching… anyone check out Franklin’s 2022 recruiting class? Wooooooooo boy.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
lol how did I miss Minnesota losing to Bowling Green. PJ Fleck the bald fraud.

I still can't get over that. You let a THIRTY-FREAKING-ONE POINT underdog come into your stadium on Homecoming and do that to you?

Jesus. Has there been a worse loss this year so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad