NFL GDT: Week 17

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Mark Davis cannot f*** up this next coaching hire. Antonio Pierce has shown he can coach this team, the Raiders have a top 10 defense since 2002, just get a new OC and go from there.

Also, I think Trent Brown was more of a Gruden hire than anything. Once Brown saw the money and term, he signed in the dotted line. Guy was and is still a no show.
Who would Pierce know that would be a good OC? Who from his playing days and or his coaching days, which is just 2 years long right? What good OC is taking the job without a QB? Is LV a better option that where that person is right now, even at a lower position? Have to be able to sell the opportunity and who they would be working with.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So, if the Dolphins lose to the Bills at home, they will have to beat the Bills on the road. Haven't won there since 2016. Big one here for Mike McDaniel and this program.
Miami goes to KC for the first round if they lose to Buffalo next week.

Buffalo would host one of Pittsburgh/Indy/Jacksonville/Houston depending on results.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Just another guy the Raiders paid big money to and got nothing out of. Under the Mark Davis watch at the time. That's how p*ss poor an owner Mark has been.
Gives his dad a bad name.

Before he went literally for real senile, Al Davis knew football. He knew football and he demanded excellence.

Mark Davis only knows inheritance processes and bad haircuts.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Before he went literally for real senile, Al Davis knew football. He knew football and he demanded excellence.

LV Will have paid Jimmy G $34 mill for this season where he starts half the games. Paid chandler jones something close to that for just last season unless they can somehow recoup some of that money back.
Same sad story each time you have a regime change. Get rid of prior regimes guys that got paid and eat their dead cap hits.
And your first move is to acquire likely the best WR in the game in a win now move and look at them?

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
LV Will have paid Jimmy G $34 mill for this season where he starts half the games. Paid chandler jones something close to that for just last season unless they can somehow recoup some of that money back.
Same sad story each time you have a regime change. Get rid of prior regimes guys that got paid and eat their dead cap hits.
And your first move is to acquire likely the best WR in the game in a win now move and look at them?

Chandler Jones went crazy, Jimmy G was a bad signing, Jacobi Myers was a good signing.

But that Chandler Jones signing, who knew he would become crazy.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Chandler Jones went crazy, Jimmy G was a bad signing, Jacobi Myers was a good signing.

But that Chandler Jones signing, who knew he would become crazy.
No one would have guessed that. But his 2022 season wasn’t very good either.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
(From week 16 GDT) -
Agreed, was hoping they’d get to mail in the final week.

What do we need? 9ers win that seems likely, a Cowboys win which seems likely, and an Eagles loss that is unlikely next week to keep that alive? That’s week 18 off right?

9er fans hoping for Cowboys and Cardinals to win. It’s cats chasing dogs next week lol

Just here to say wow. NFL, you so crazy.

The 9ers game was straight forward, but the things.. the crazy things.. that happened for those other two conditions to be currently existing? Bonkers.

Sep 19, 2008
Eagles fans already calling for sirianni to be fired.

Screenshot_20240102-123600.png

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Surprised it's not to one of the more meaningless games. Like NE/NYJ or CLE/CIN. Cleveland locked into #5 seed so might as well rest Garrett and others. Cincy is eliminated. Neither Pats or Jets making the PO.

I mean, that would be a real punishment.

Steelers can still make the PO.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Mark Davis just went for name value, if he had any ounce of football knowledge like his dad had the Raiders would be better off. Although, I think after the McDaniels saga he may have finally get the program. Gruden was a relic of early 2000's NFL football and his personal decisions were terrible. McDaniels was a product of Tom Brady like the rest of those New England wash outs.

Antonio Pierce is probably the best bet for the Raiders, that of course if those lethargic Harbaugh rumors ever come to light.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
1. Ravens
2. 49ers
3. Bills
4. Cowboys
5. Lions
6. Dolphins

Sep 19, 2008
watching hard knocks and they are showing how insane lamar jackson is

can't believe people thought he was too easily injured or was not durable enough to regularly play in the NFL :laugh: "He wasn't worth the money"

Look at where the Ravens are with him

Reactions: LT

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
watching hard knocks and they are showing how insane lamar jackson is

can't believe people thought he was too easily injured or was not durable enough to regularly play in the NFL :laugh: "He wasn't worth the money"

Look at where the Ravens are with him
But but but he can't throw the football!!!!!111!!!ONE

Sep 19, 2008
I argued endlessly with people on this forum about Lamar, I live near Baltimore I heard it every day from Ravens fans how his contract saga was "hurting the team" or how he was replacable. Bud I'll say it for the 100th time look at the Ravens pre-Flacco. Elvis f***ing GRBAC. KYLE BOLLER. RAVENS QB'S SUCKED BEFORE FLACCO. And then Flacco got replaced by Lamar. Yes Lamar hasn't been healthy sometimes but when he's been healthy he's been MVP caliber. If you want to say he's not worth that money fine but the impact he brings to the team is huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad