NFL GDT: Week 13

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Bills season is done. Book is out that you just need to ram it down their throats and they cant stop you. McDermott seems like he is becoming unglued as well.
They are cooked. They were unraveling after the game, couldn't take accountability, and deflected the blame. Buffalos reign in the AFCE lasted less than 12 months. It's really unbelievable

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If last year didn't humble Patriots fans, nothing apparently ever will.

Wake me up in January unless NE/TB both lose in the playoffs.

Not worth wasting my time on this season.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
What to be humble about? We got another decade plus dynasty locked and loaded.

You should be grateful Bill and company took a year off. Everytime the Patriots win it seems like it take years off your life lmao

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

Do you mean February since the NE/TB SB will be played on Feb 13th?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What to be humble about? We got another decade plus dynasty locked and loaded.

You should be grateful Bill and company took a year off. Everytime the Patriots win it seems like it take years off your life lmao

that's patriots fans in a nutshell- they think dynasties just grow on tress, like it's their birthright

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I'm gonna check out from caring about the NFL. Last night was beyond insufferable.

At least all the talking heads are gonna get their Brady/Belichick wet dream Super Bowl.

I'm outta here for now. Wake me up in 2 months.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Speaking of humble. I'm glad the Patriots were able to put you back in your hole. You had 11 months to run around like the king was dead. Glad BB was aablejto feed you some humble pie. I look forward to your whiny posts. That's how I know the Patriots are winning

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
no point in debating how the game would've turned out if the weather wasn't a factor

bills haven't been that impressive this season and the pats have, so it's not like it would've been an easy bills win

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Humbled by what...going 7-9 with half the defense out on COVID opt out and Cam at QB?

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Except more often than not, they did. Again the Bills had defense had one bad play where Edmunds and Poyer over pursued, and one other bad possession. Outside of their scoring and non half ending drives, the Pats went 3 and out 4 times and gained 18 total yards. Eighteen. They got stopped considerably more often then they didn't. You're simply remembering a game that didn't actually happen for the vast majority of playing time, and frankly it took a confluence of events (drops, a brutal 4th down spot, a missed kick) to cling to the lead the early big play gave you.

A confluence of events is right!

• Drops - Yes. Because the Bills couldn’t run the ball, Allen had to go 15 for 30 throwing in 30-40mph wind. Not exactly ideal situation for catching which could have been avoided with even a serviceable run game.
• Brutal 4th down spot - Let’s not forget the Pats gained 4 yards on a QB sneak on 3rd and long to set up that 4th down sneak. How do you let up 4 yards on a QB sneak?
• A missed kick - A 42 yard field goal in the fourth quarter against the wind when your team won the toss and could have chose to have the wind at their back for quarters 2 and 4.

It’s not as black and white as you’re making it seem.

Plenty of factors went into the Bills loss. The Pat’s play, the Bill’s play and decision making, and weather all played a factor. To what extent, we’ll see in a few weeks when the two play each other again. But at the end of the day the Pats won and they deserve credit for that plain and simple.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

9gmi.gif

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
oh wow a Pats fans saying the ones with hands tied behind their back were the Pats when they played with raging winds against a team that can't run the ball and dictates the game with their passing game genius.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
A confluence of events is right!

• Drops - Yes. Because the Bills couldn’t run the ball, Allen had to go 15 for 30 throwing in 30-40mph wind. Not exactly ideal situation for catching which could have been avoided with even a serviceable run game.
• Brutal 4th down spot - Let’s not forget the Pats gained 4 yards on a QB sneak on 3rd and long to set up that 4th down sneak. How do you let up 4 yards on a QB sneak?
• A missed kick - A 42 yard field goal in the fourth quarter against the wind when your team won the toss and could have chose to have the wind at their back for quarters 2 and 4.

It’s not as black and white as you’re making it seem.

Plenty of factors went into the Bills loss. The Pat’s play, the Bill’s play and decision making, and weather all played a factor. To what extent, we’ll see in a few weeks when the two play each other again. But at the end of the day the Pats won and they deserve credit for that plain and simple.
42 yards? What game were you watching? It was 33. Bass simply didn't give it enough room. He had plenty of leg and said pre-game that was the range he was comfortable in.

41 yards was the distance NE made a kick (granted, with the wind).

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
42 yards? What game were you watching? It was 33. Bass simply didn't give it enough room. He had plenty of leg and said pre-game that was the range he was comfortable in.

41 yards was the distance NE made a kick (granted, with the wind).

My bad. NFL.com says 42 yards then as you click it, it says 33 yards. Even so, my point stands.

This wasn’t a game where you could rely on catching the ball so the fact that the Bills had drops is more a testament to the fact the Pats stopped the Bills run and put them in that situation. The “bad spot” on the 4th down QB sneak was set up by the fact the Bills completely botched a 3rd and long QB sneak just the play before. The Pats may have had only a handful of successful drives, but they came at all the right times and the Bills didn’t have an answer. The missed field goal again goes back to decisions made at the coin toss and a sack for a 9 yard loss just two plays beforehand that lead to a 33 yard attempt rather than a 24 yard attempt.

All I’m saying is the Pats deserve credit for the win. They made all the plays they had to to win. Let’s see how it shakes out in a few weeks, maybe we’ll have a different storyline and we’ll take it from there.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
My bad. NFL.com says 42 yards then as you click it, it says 33 yards. Even so, my point stands.

This wasn’t a game where you could rely on catching the ball so the fact that the Bills had drops is more a testament to the fact the Pats stopped the Bills run and put them in that situation. The “bad spot” on the 4th down QB sneak was set up by the fact the Bills completely botched a 3rd and long QB sneak just the play before. The Pats may have had only a handful of successful drives, but they came at all the right times and the Bills didn’t have an answer. The missed field goal again goes back to decisions made at the coin toss and a sack for a 9 yard loss just two plays beforehand that lead to a 33 yard attempt rather than a 24 yard attempt.

All I’m saying is the Pats deserve credit for the win. They made all the plays they had to to win. Let’s see how it shakes out in a few weeks, maybe we’ll have a different storyline and we’ll take it from there.
And all we're saying is it wasn't the complete domination that Pats homers and the broadcast made it sound.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The chest thumping is back baby! It’s a good story Bill coming back after a down year with people taking credit away from him to give more to Brady.

Should probably let it play out a little bit before planning the parade, they haven’t won anything yet.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
This was a fluke game with the weather. The Bills still got run 0ver but it was a fluke game. I understand Bills fans grasping at straws: They spent 20 years getting dominated by the Pats and were ready to call the AFCE theirs after last year; whoops, too soon.

This is a throwaway game. But there is some lingering effects of this game that may reverberate for years. How does a team from Buffalo NY get embarrassed like that on national TV and rebound? They got beat, at home, by a 1940s gameplan.

We shall see. If post game tells us anything... good luck.

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This was a fluke game with the weather. The Bills still got run 0ver but it was a fluke game. I understand Bills fans grasping at straws: They spent 20 years getting dominated by the Pats and were ready to call the AFCE theirs after last year; whoops, too soon.

This is a throwaway game. But there is some lingering effects of this game that may reverberate for years. How does a team from Buffalo NY get embarrassed like that on national TV and rebound? They got beat, at home, by a 1940s gameplan.

We shall see. If post game tells us anything... good luck.
Crazy wind or bad weather in Buffalo really isn't a fluke.

The Patriots chose not to throw. The Bills tried to throw and couldn't. Big difference. Let's see how hard it is for Buffalo to stop the run when the Patriots decide to actually be two dimensional on offense

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The problem with the Bills is that they are a pass orientated team ( both on offense and defense) that would dictate that's a bad idea based on their geographic area. The Pats on the other hand are more evenly balanced, being able to stop the run and the pass on defense equally well and can throw the ball short as well as run on offense.
So when the weather gets bad the Bills have more trouble adapting to the conditions than the Pats, hence the outcome of the game.
What hasn't been proven yet is if Mac Jones can pass his team back into contention if the Pats fall behind by a couple of scores. They are great front runners but can they win from behind against a good defensive team?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
When you run the same few running plays over and over and you can't stop it. It's called getting dominated
True but the Pats did not turn that"domination" into a lot of points. Realistically the Bills could have scored on either of their final drives and won the game and the narrative would have been very different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad