NCAA GDT: Week 13 Rivalry Week

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It feels like it’s wide open. Young producing a 97 yard drive like that at the end will go a long way. If Alabama wins next week I think it’s on lock.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
So question is, if Georgia beats Bama, which 2 of Okie State, Cincy, and Notre Dame get in? I'd say Cincy for sure but I have literally no faith in the committee.

I think Alabama is in even with a loss. Unless they are blown out by Georgia.

Which leaves 2 spots. I think Michigan is in with a win so that leaves it down to OK State, Notre Dame and Cincinatti.

Cincinatti deserves to be in there but I have the feeling OK State will jump them even if both teams win. That committee has to be dying for any reason to not include Cincinatti and set them up with Ohio State.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Which leaves 2 spots. I think Michigan is in with a win so that leaves it down to OK State, Notre Dame and Cincinatti.

Cincinatti deserves to be in there but I have the feeling OK State will jump them even if both teams win. That committee has to be dying for any reason to not include Cincinatti and set them up with Ohio State.
Alabama is definitely out with 2 losses unless everyone else loses.

Sep 19, 2008
In the American Athletic Conference Football Championship Game of Houston versus Cincinnati we must consider many things. The wind is blowing out of the west at five miles.

308092.jpg

@Fixed to Ruin

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

If they put a 2 loss Alabama in over several 1 loss teams and a possible undefeated one, you might as well just cancel the season. Just have the committee choose the favorite 4 teams and let them play each other while the rest of FBS just plays flag football.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If they put a 2 loss Alabama in over several 1 loss teams and a possible undefeated one, you might as well just cancel the season. Just have the committee choose the favorite 4 teams and let them play each other while the rest of FBS just plays flag football.

It could be worse, here's NBC's selections for each of the 4 playoff spots:

- Notre Dame
- Notre Dame's practice squad
- A signed pair of Lou Holtz underwear
- Rudy

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I would take a 2L Bama over a 1L Notre Dame easily.

OK State should be in if they win the BigXII, but it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last the Big XII got f***ed.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I would take a 2L Bama over a 1L Notre Dame easily.

OK State should be in if they win the BigXII, but it wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last the Big XII got f***ed.

Agreed on all fronts.

If Oklahoma State beats Baylor they should be a slam-dunk over either a 2L Alabama or Notre Dame to be honest.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Big 12 only ever technically got f***ed because they were told to bring back the conference championship game and refused to do it.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Georgia - in at #1 with win or in at # ?? with a loss (as high as #2, likely #3 to avoid a Bama rematch in the SF)

Michigan - in at #2 with a win (Bama goes to #1 with a win), maybe in at #4 with losses by Bama, OSU and Cincy

Bama - in at #1 with a win, in for sure with a close loss and losses by OSU, UM and Cincy. Maybe in with a close loss regardless but do they want a Bama v. Ga. matchup in the SF?

Cincy - likely in with win, likely out with a loss even if UM, Bama and OSU lose (ND, Bama, and UM get in over them)

OSU - maybe in with a win (not sure of them over Cincy, ND or even a 2 loss Bama)

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Imagine this scenario:

Bama loses big to Georgia
UM loses to Iowa
Cincy loses
OSU loses

ND is in.

Then what?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The committee isnt going to make Georgia beat Alabama twice. Though from what I saw from Alabama on Saturday where they couldnt block and now Robinson is out, it may be a clown pounding so the chances of them even having an argument for the playoff will be moot.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Imagine this scenario:

Bama loses big to Georgia
UM loses to Iowa
Cincy loses
OSU loses

ND is in.

Then what?

Georgia, ND, Alabama would still take one spot whether we like it or not and the last spot would be a tossup. If the Bearcats lose they are 100% out, it doesn't matter if it's a close game or if there is other chaos; a G5 team will only have a chance if they're undefeated. I'm more impressed by Baylor than Oregon, especially if Baylor can revenge-beat OSU in the CCG.

Honestly, I'd bet Michigan would be the #4 team there even with a loss to Iowa, either them or OSU. My pick, under your proposed scenario, would be Baylor.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
#1 WR in the country just committed to A&M. Safe to say A&M is playing the game just below a Georgia level right now.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
#1 WR in the country just committed to A&M. Safe to say A&M is playing the game just below a Georgia level right now.
They maybe, but they still lost to Arkansas, Mississippi State, and LSU this year :laugh:. This is year 4 under Jimbo and they went 8-4, and this is with 3 straight top 10 classes. He is overrated and tbh, I dont think they will ever be consistently the 2nds best team in SEC west. We can have this discussion in a few years but by year 4 Id expect more out of Jimbo and A&M. UT and OU to SEC wont help them neither will LSU getting a competent coach.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
if the committee puts in 2-loss alabama, we might as well just accept that alabama gets special privilege

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 Notre Dame
4 Michigan

In the scenario, Bama lost big to Georgia, so it would be:

1. Georgia
2. ND
3. ??
4. ??

Can't see OSU getting in over UM. Baylor and Oregon and even Iowa get consideration?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In the scenario, Bama lost big to Georgia, so it would be:

1. Georgia
2. ND
3. ??
4. ??

Can't see OSU getting in over UM. Baylor and Oregon and even Iowa get consideration?
Oh I read it wrong

1 Georgia
2 Notre Dame
3 Alabama
4 Baylor

I think. I can only endorse Ohio State making it if Michigan is in with them. Alabama would have nowhere to fall to.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Oh I read it wrong

1 Georgia
2 Notre Dame
3 Alabama
4 Baylor

I think. I can only endorse Ohio State making it if Michigan is in with them. Alabama would have nowhere to fall to.

So short of declaring themselves an independent state and declaring war on America, you think Bama is in? I only see that in a close loss to Ga, unless UM loses handily to Iowa.

And no chance that ND gets in? I can see that considering they are sitting idle while the four or five teams who earned their place above them up to Championship weekend would be punished for having to play another game.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
They maybe, but they still lost to Arkansas, Mississippi State, and LSU this year :laugh:. This is year 4 under Jimbo and they went 8-4, and this is with 3 straight top 10 classes. He is overrated and tbh, I dont think they will ever be consistently the 2nds best team in SEC west. We can have this discussion in a few years but by year 4 Id expect more out of Jimbo and A&M. UT and OU to SEC wont help them neither will LSU getting a competent coach.

it could be bias or being salty. One of the Texas boards I’m on, flat out said Evan Stewart got paid. A&M got flat out embarrassed with how they handled Texas & OU going to the SEC. So they started paying way above asking. Go look at their class. Walter Nolen, the #1 player in the country is going there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad