NCAA: Week 13: It’s all about the Game, and how you play it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thanksgiving Weekend means rivalry week, except in the Big 12 for some reason.

Thanksgiving night has the latest installment of the Egg Bowl: Mississippi State visits #20 Ole Miss. Is it Lane Kiffin’s last game there? Yeah properly.

Black Friday has a ranked matchup in the early window on ABC, #19 Tulane visits #24 Cincinnati to likely determine who is the Group of Five school going to the New Year’s Six.

On Saturday, are the high-leverage games, with ‘THE Game’ as Big Noon and Gameday both hit Columbus for the big one where once again #2 Ohio State and #3 Michigan play to see who goes to the college football playoff and who does not. Probably.

#1 Georgia hosts Georgia Tech, Dawgs only favored by 35.5

CBS has the Iron Bowl, first time in a long time where the stakes are so limited since #7 Alabama doesn’t appear to have a path to the playoff, while Auburn has long had their season dead.

The Civil War is the ABC mid-afternoon, and is a ranked matchup thanks to the Beavs! #9 Oregon heads to Corvallis against a tough #21 Oregon State team, with the line only at 3.

ABC prime time has #15 Notre Dame in LA, playing #6 USC, who may control their destiny for the playoff, as they run this late season gauntlet and a date in the Pac-12 title game.

Prime time on Fox has the first ever Sunflower Showdown where both teams have a winning record! Kansas isn’t ranked, but at 6-5 they are going bowling and head to #12 Kansas State, still have a Big 12 title game berth on the line.

Pac-12 After Dark has the Apple Cup, #13 Washington gets a trip to the P12 title game with a win. The game is in Pullman, Wazzu is 7-4 so it is a good matchup.

Last edited:
Reactions: VikingAv

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Hope we get the Notre Dame that lost to Marshall and Stanford, and not the one that beat Clemson.
They probably have the best D we'll face all year, so it'll be a challenge for Caleb and Co.
If we get Gentry back at 100%, and Korey Foreman builds on his performance last week, our D should get a nice boost.

Fight On

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Normally, I try to be objective as a sports fan and see things from all sides.

This, however, is the one game this year, in any sport, that devolves me from man back to ape. I am completely unable and/or unwilling to contain my emotions, brain and objectivity. I don't have any class when it comes to this game or this opponent, I guess it's better to admit it?

Those that know me know what game I'm referring to, and it is the annual game between Florida State and Florida. To give you an idea of how I feel about UF, I would rather The U win the next 15 national championships than Florida win one and that's no exaggeration.

Throw the records in the garbage when these two teams play. Florida can beat us anytime, anyplace, and I've long since learned to never underrate them in this particular game. I do, however...want BLOOD. Neither team is contending for a conference championship. Don't care, still hate them just as much, still want blood. Is my pulse going to be normal? Guaranteed no.

Losing this game would eliminate a lot of the good will the team has earned this year. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

This, however, is the one game this year, in any sport, that devolves me from man back to ape. I am completely unable and/or unwilling to contain my emotions, brain and objectivity. I don't have any class when it comes to this game or this opponent, I guess it's better to admit it?

Those that know me know what game I'm referring to, and it is the annual game between Florida State and Florida. To give you an idea of how I feel about UF, I would rather The U win the next 15 national championships than Florida win one and that's no exaggeration.

Throw the records in the garbage when these two teams play. Florida can beat us anytime, anyplace, and I've long since learned to never underrate them in this particular game. I do, however...want BLOOD. Neither team is contending for a conference championship. Don't care, still hate them just as much, still want blood. Is my pulse going to be normal? Guaranteed no.

Losing this game would eliminate a lot of the good will the team has earned this year. I hope it doesn't come to that.
I think the Noles are going to win this one bigly! :yo:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Please Sark, beat Baylor. There may not be a school I hate more than Baylor.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The winner of the Tulane vs Cincinnati game still has to win the AAC championship game to get that New Years six game. They could still face #22 UCF, potentially Houston or even have a rematch next week. There's a chance that the conference can beat up itself and allow Coastal Carolina to sneak into that spot.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Finebaum went full SEC sycophant this week. He tried to make the case for LSU by saying the 40-13 home loss to Tennessee doesn΄t matter because it happened all the way back in October while at the same time denying Oregon's status as a quality opponent because of its September 49-3 loss to Georgia in Atlanta.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Finebaum went full SEC sycophant this week. He tried to make the case for LSU by saying the 40-13 home loss to Tennessee doesn΄t matter because it happened all the way back in October while at the same time denying Oregon's status as a quality opponent because of its September 49-3 loss to Georgia in Atlanta.
Honestly, I think TCU could beat everyone not named Georgia on a neutral field. Not saying they would be favourite but yeah.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
When is finebaum NOT full SEC syncophant?

Edit: and what kind of loser unironically cheers for a f***ing conference in the first place? Besides him, I guess.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Ole Miss played like a team whose coach already had one foot out of the door. But credit to the Pirate and his team, they were the better team when it mattered. Ole Miss late season collapse was epic. They barely beat a horrible aTm team and were close to closing to the season with 5 losses in a row.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ole Miss played like a team whose coach already had one foot out of the door. But credit to the Pirate and his team, they were the better team when it mattered. Ole Miss late season collapse was epic. They barely beat a horrible aTm team and were close to closing to the season with 5 losses in a row.
The Alabama game was their season.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

I woke up this morning with two things:
- a food hangover
- a really bad feeling about this game

I don't know why but I just have a bad feeling about this.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Whew. This crew in the Texas game hasn’t called a penalty on their opponent in 6 quarters and it’s showing.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Texas really turned it on the past few minutes at least.
I've liked the growth I've seen from Sark the last two games. realized Bijan/RoJo can win it for us and just kept the ball out of Ewers hands. But boy Sark/Milwee have their hands FULL making him grow and develop over the next year. Going to a bowl game for a team that is really young, will be huge.

Also heard we have a big time recruiting battle between Florida State and Texas for a certain player...

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
If someone put an actual alligator in front of me right now I would punch it in the face.

I would be eaten afterwards but I'd die as an alligator puncher and that's pretty cool.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Obviously I know we're all invested in the game with no name (NCSU vs UNC) :sarcasm: but I'd just like to say I'm proud of the Wolfpack for not f***ing up in Overtime after not holding UNC at the end of regulation. Well done :clap:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It's almost 9:30 and this UF vs FSU game still hasn't gotten to halftime yet. This game gonna go past midnight

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
We are going to lose this game but I'm strangely at peace with it.

Why am I at peace with it? Have I gone soft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad