NFL GDT: Week 12 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Remember all those years Ravens got screwed by refs against NE and Pat fans mocked Raven fans for being upset with refs helping Pats win with so many BS calls

Interesting to see Pat fans view of conspiracy against them

Or the Colts back in 2003(?), I believe.

But the NFL is always trying to screw New England because Roger Goodell is more evil than Gargamel and Azrael from the Smurfs. It's a scientific fact.

bWo*

NFL refs are **** period. They are **** for everybody. Conspiracy theories are dumb.

Refs didn't make Harper fumble, refs didn't make plays for Osweiler and Anderson.

Broncos played great and won, end of story. Bad calls will.help you and hurt you at different time. They hurt us tonight, we have to move on.

I am way more hurt by Gronk going down than by the calls/losing the game.

Atleast it takes the pressure off of a perfect season and they can start resting up and taking it easy. All that matters is getting as healthy as possible

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Or the Colts back in 2003(?), I believe.

But the NFL is always trying to screw New England because Roger Goodell is more evil than Gargamel and Azrael from the Smurfs. It's a scientific fact.

Or the Tuck Rule play.

A call so bad that they don't even let the referee work Raider games anymore.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Yep, everyone who isn't a fan of their team remembers it. Not like the Ravens were the only team to get screwed either.

The Patriots have had lots of calls given to them, they might get one game here and there where the opposite is the case. They should take it on the chin.

Not really....

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You can't look at a video and determine that he's not injured. Looks like he might have a bit of a limp to me, of course, could just be sore. But it doesn't mean he's not hurt, you can walk on a torn ligament, especially if it's not an ACL

Exactly. It's somewhat common for people to be in minimal pain after the initial tear.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Right, but it would be pretty odd for a medical staff to let the guy walk after leaving an x-ray room if they had a feeling he tore something.

It's not concrete or anything, but if he really ****ed his leg up I'd be surprised they let him do that. Graham had his leg stabilized before he even left the field.

If you tear a ligament you can walk on it. Walking won't risk any futher damage.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Exactly. It's somewhat common for people to be in minimal pain after the initial tear.

Right, but it does swell up quite a bit, and medical personnel know the signs and generally won't let the patient walk around like that after taking x-rays.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The call was correct the rule was wrong.

Are you still that hung up on that? It was 15 years ago

The rule wasn't wrong, the ball was pulled into Brady's body and he had possession of it. It doesn't matter anymore. Just pointing out facts, and pointing out that the Patriots have had way more than their share of bogus decisions in their favor.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
The rule wasn't wrong, the ball was pulled into Brady's body and he had possession of it. It doesn't matter anymore. Just pointing out facts, and pointing out that the Patriots have had way more than their share of bogus decisions in their favor.

So the answer is yes. Still hung up on it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If you tear a ligament you can walk on it. Walking won't risk any futher damage.

No, but the instability risk alone isn't something the team's medical guys take lightly. It would be odd for him to be walking around like that in the tunnel if he tore his ACL and they suspected it, especially if they had already performed a procedure.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
No, but the instability risk alone isn't something the team's medical guys take lightly. It would be odd for him to be walking around like that in the tunnel if he tore his ACL and they suspected it, especially if they had already performed a procedure.

I don't know but I've seen athletes walk after tearing their ACLs and do recall that walking is fine. It's just when you need to make turns that you risk further damage (cut backs etc).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sounds like Pats fans can step away from the ledge.

Also great news for NFL fans in general. I love watching Gronk.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Either way hopefully good news for Gronk and he's back out on the field very soon.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Remember all those years Ravens got screwed by refs against NE and Pat fans mocked Raven fans for being upset with refs helping Pats win with so many BS calls

Interesting to see Pat fans view of conspiracy against them

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about

I remember the Pats getting possibly ****ed on a walk off field goal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad