NFL GDT: Week 10

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I know it's the safe play but does it bother anyone else that the kneels kept making the field goal longer lol
They had plenty of time to get a lot closer not sure why they were satisfied with a 41 yard attempt lucky the Bills self destructed because the miss would of cost them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would fire everyone after that mistake

I mean everyone

Entire coaching staff down to the laundry guy
Only thought that would make any sense is that someone who was on the FG block team was hurt earlier and missed the last Denver PAT. But he returned to the field for the final FG and his replacement was not told to not sub in for him.

But the special teams coach should already have been prepared for that situation. Denver was in FG after the DPI so he needed to get his guys ready who were not on the field.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Only thought that would make any sense is that someone who was on the FG block team was hurt earlier and missed the last Denver PAT. But he returned to the field for the final FG and his replacement was not told to not sub in for him.

But the special teams coach should already have been prepared for that situation. Denver was in FG after the DPI so he needed to get his guys ready who were not on the field.
It’s unfathomable that you can call two timeouts when they’re kneeling down to get ready for the FG and not have your guys prepared for exactly what was going to happen.

Just pure incompetence.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why is Adam Schefter acting like we just saw a classic? lol Of course Chiefs-Eagles will top this game.

Most Jets games topped that one.

Also, a complete tragedy that this game ended 24-22 after it was once 9-8. Unconscionable.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I would fire everyone after that mistake

I mean everyone

Entire coaching staff down to the laundry guy
No way man , the laundry guy uses tide ,and those little smelly pellets..dude is legit.

Been a while since I've seen the Bills try this hard to give a game away to a team who really didn't want it

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Maybe it's another players' coach not priming his troops for high-stress.

The press featured him as a "players' coach". I do think a degree of good faith conduct is necessary, but one can not become soft and lack demanding any accountability whatsoever.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I know it's the safe play but does it bother anyone else that the kneels kept making the field goal longer lol
No. Proper clock management. Gotta tell you, and was thinking this as it happened, if I’m the Bills I don’t call that last timeout unexpectedly and let Denver try to deal with it. Would have been interesting.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You don’t need to sub at all. It’s chaos on the field, no need to be in on it. Take your chances that it will cause the field goal to be missed since it’s exactly what happened.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
You don’t need to sub at all. It’s chaos on the field, no need to be in on it. Take your chances that it will cause the field goal to be missed since it’s exactly what happened.
Heat of the moment means guys are all running on some degree of autopilot, including the coach.

Really doesn't matter if it's a presentation like a hearing or if it's with football. You're operating on past "scripts" and practices. An uncommon situation often still reverts back to the old practice instead of developing a new one in seconds.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Bills should have not have been 0 blitzing on that 3rd down play. It's 3rd and 10 from the Bills 45, even if they complete a 10-15 yard pass, everything is going to be in a rush. If it is less than a 1st down they have to run their field goal team onto the field. He needs to be sacked.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Yeah they will definitely get back on track though...I mean they only have...checks notes....Jets, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, and Chargers upcoming.

This game, and subsequent losses, may be the best thing for them in the long-term. IF it gets an offensive HC that is demanding. Petulant has a big decision to make.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Sucks for Buffalos owner

They just extended the coach through 2028 this pst offseason

Yowza

Not sure if this is the right time to mention it, but the Bills' owners also happen to own an NHL franchise that hasn't made the playoffs since the Obama administration. That's all you need to know right there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Heat of the moment means guys are all running on some degree of autopilot, including the coach.

Really doesn't matter if it's a presentation like a hearing or if it's with football. You're operating on past "scripts" and practices. An uncommon situation often still reverts back to the old practice instead of developing a new one in seconds.
But they did it at halftime and didn’t sub. The missed kick was rushed as it was. The most likely way they lose the game is exactly what they did. I’m taking my chances leaving my regular defense in there, half of them are on the FG block unit anyways.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
But they did it at halftime and didn’t sub. The missed kick was rushed as it was. The most likely way they lose the game is exactly what they did. M taking my chances leaving my regular defense in there, half of them are on the FG block unit anyways.
End of game creates a different mood with more pressure and nerves compared to end of half.
Even though the human cannot control either situation that much, the human WANTS to control things when the stakes are higher and "death"/"no more chances" is imminent.
A stricter disciplinarian would have been able to calm human instinct, and it seems Sean Payton has a coach who does that for ST.

We're sitting back in a relaxed TV environment. But on the field, it's more of a controlled simulation of war.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I mean, I’m a Leafs fan, and we find our own spectacular ways to lose on occasion, and I don’t like the Bills, but I’m almost reaching the point the point empathy here.

The world is better place for that. Your town's sin was to incubate that wretched Chaos Giraffe.
It was benching Flutie, and the curse is real.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00