NFL GDT: Week 10

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So legit question, how come the rules that require the offense to wait a certain amount of time after substituting don't apply on a kick like that?

Is it something with the last 2 minutes? Or are kicks special?

Reactions: Melrose Munch

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He's still great .He needs to not force stuff though.. The turnovers this year are mind boggling ... I wonder how much his shoulder is bothering him. He needs someone to sit down with him during the bye and iron some things out. This can't continue.
I think a ton of it is that he has zero confidence in the offensive plan around him so he tries to force things. He feels like he has to make incredible plays all the time.

It's obviously working as a downward spiral at this point. One of the reasons they're struggling to get rhythm is because he's throwing a pick every handful of possessions which seems to make him want to force it more and try to make throws he never should.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think a ton of it is that he has zero confidence in the offensive plan around him so he tries to force things. He feels like he has to make incredible plays all the time.

It's obviously working as a downward spiral at this point. One of the reasons they're struggling to get rhythm is because he's throwing a pick every handful of possessions which seems to make him want to force it more and try to make throws he never should.

That sounds exactly like Carson Wentz in his last year in Philly.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl

It would also help if we had more than a few offensive weapons to take the load off.. Feed Cook more. And get another reciever for next year ffs. Josh obviously feels like he needs to do everything himself since no one else outside of Diggs can do anything it would seem. Hell, Let the man run again . We need more dimensions to this O so our QB isn't forcing plays all the time.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
It would also help if we had more than a few offensive weapons to take the load off.. Feed Cook more. And get another reciever for next year ffs. Josh obviously feels like he needs to do everything himself since no one else outside of Diggs can do anything it would seem. Hell, Let the man run again . We need more dimensions to this O so our QB isn't forcing plays all the time.
This x1000. The offense is stale and just reliant on Allen-Diggs. Not great personnel or coaching creativity. No effort to run the ball, even on days they do it well.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So it’s the second time in history that a halftime score was 15-8 and the other occurrence was also a game where the Broncos led the Bills, in a game played in Buffalo. That is outrageous. Impossible.

And infuriating that the Bills managed a safety to get to 10. What a waste.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think they have enough other weapons between Cook, and Kinkaid to be good enough on offense that it doesn't have to just be the Diggs and Allen show, but yea the play calling this year has been awful overall and hasn't let them establish that. Also, almost entirely taking away Allen running changes how he plays the position a ton.

Him running not only means the defense has to respect it a lot more, but it also is a way to get him into the flow of the game and feeling it that feed that appetite of his and thus limits his desire to chuck bad throws trying to do something.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
One of the rare times that our coach elects to go for it in this kind of situation and we mess it up ... Lord give me strength.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Bahahahaha

Allen could have ran for that 1st at a light jog but kept delaying delaying
I was screaming for him just to take it and run..

I think they have enough other weapons between Cook, and Kinkaid to be good enough on offense that it doesn't have to just be the Diggs and Allen show, but yea the play calling this year has been awful overall and hasn't let them establish that. Also, almost entirely taking away Allen running changes how he plays the position a ton.

Him running not only means the defense has to respect it a lot more, but it also is a way to get him into the flow of the game and feeling it that feed that appetite of his and thus limits his desire to chuck bad throws trying to do something.
Oh for sure. They have the talent and potential to be great threats but our coaching has been trash on that side of the ball this year so they haven't been utilized properly.

They need to bring back the designed run plays for him so ,so bad. There is zero reason not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad