NCAA: Week 1: College Football is back (but really back not like Texas-back)

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
FSU is back.

To competing for the Duck Dynasty Bowl.

Seriously though, kickers that have purple in their uniforms really had their hearts broken this weekend.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Damn am I so happy that college football is back. Lots of great games this week.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I dunno if they're back yet. They beat an FBS team and an unranked LSU that's coming off a 7-loss season.
I was joking. My joke was bad and unclear I guess. I meant they are back to competing for bowls that FBS teams barely qualify for lol.

Might have been better for Florida State if they had gone on to lose the game.
In the short term, definitely. But now I don't think he gets fired in season, and he might even have bought himself another year.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
WE HAVE COME HERE TO CHEW BUBBLE GUM AND BLOCK KICKS.

AND WE'RE ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
how you feeling today?
Mixed feelings, to be honest.

The better the team performs, the less likely major changes will be made. That said, changing coaches alone won't fix the problems here unless it's a truly elite coach that can both recruit their pants off and excel tactically (and those people might not be interested in this job.) Part of me is like "Throw Norvell into the sun and bring Deion and Travis Hunter home where they belong" but we have bigger problems than just that. Obviously the coach has a huge impact on recruiting, but Willie Taggart's calling card was his recruiting ability and he basically drove the program into the ground to a level which may take many years to recover from.

But in NCAA football, it's hard to not cheer for your team to win a game. I've been an FSU fan for long, long before I actually attended the school. This isn't a suck-to-get-better-draft-picks situation, that doesn't really apply here. I miss watching games that matter. I also miss being at least a finalist on like every elite HS athlete from the state of Florida.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Mixed feelings, to be honest.

The better the team performs, the less likely major changes will be made. That said, changing coaches alone won't fix the problems here unless it's a truly elite coach that can both recruit their pants off and excel tactically (and those people might not be interested in this job.) Part of me is like "Throw Norvell into the sun and bring Deion and Travis Hunter home where they belong" but we have bigger problems than just that. Obviously the coach has a huge impact on recruiting, but Willie Taggart's calling card was his recruiting ability and he basically drove the program into the ground to a level which may take many years to recover from.

But in NCAA football, it's hard to not cheer for your team to win a game. I've been an FSU fan for long, long before I actually attended the school. This isn't a suck-to-get-better-draft-picks situation, that doesn't really apply here. I miss watching games that matter. I also miss being at least a finalist on like every elite HS athlete from the state of Florida.

I was stunned looking through roster composites, seeing Florida doesn't have a 5* on the roster. It's tough, Norvell is going to need to win because Florida is going to be a blood bath for recruiting.

Deion would definitely change that however

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I was stunned looking through roster composites, seeing Florida doesn't have a 5* on the roster. It's tough, Norvell is going to need to win because Florida is going to be a blood bath for recruiting.

Deion would definitely change that however
Deion would be a game-changer from a recruiting perspective. Is the job too big for him? I don't know how good a tactician he is because I've literally never watched a Jackson State game before, but my gut tells me it's not too big for him given his confidence and desire to prove people wrong.

He bleeds Garnet and Gold. Norvell, on the other hand, should be nothing more than a placeholder.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Deion would be a game-changer from a recruiting perspective. Is the job too big for him? I don't know how good a tactician he is because I've literally never watched a Jackson State game before, but my gut tells me it's not too big for him given his confidence and desire to prove people wrong.

He bleeds Garnet and Gold. Norvell, on the other hand, should be nothing more than a placeholder.

On the Texas site I subscribed too. I believe he interviewed for the TCU job and they came blown away with how he wants to build a program etc.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Georgia Tech scores a TD to bring the score to 14-10 for Clemson with 10 min left in the 3rd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Been checking in and out if this game, seems like a lot of dropped passes for Clemson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
QB didn't miss him, the receiver started back pedaling instead of just running normally
He also flattened out his route instead of continuing into the angle he was on into the EZ. Flatten out if you have a DB On you but he was clear of anyone. Just needed to continue in his path.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oregon dropped from the rankings
15F7D88D-1B59-44F7-BA1E-DF75E0EBEB55.jpeg

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Surprised we didn't get Texas ranked to hype up this weekends match up a little bit more. Good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad