NCAA: Week 1: Big Noon is Prime Time

Sep 19, 2008
Yes, college football is wrought with drama with realignment and NIL.

Parts of it are a concern as we head into a new age of football.

That said despite these concerns I still find collegiate football to be the better of the two when compared to the NFL. The NFL has largely become a wine and cheese occasion. Fans are priced out of tickets to watch a team with a generic offense try to move the football. Meanwhile college perfected such innovations as the "air raid". College also has better fanbases who have ties to their school. The college atmosphere is generally better than the piped in music at NFL games, and college football games regularly average more than the NFL 70,000 (multiple CFB stadiums hold 80k, 90k, michigan has held 110k for years and the PA announcer at the "Big House" always calls it "the biggest football crowd watching a game in the country")

At the end of the day, I was still fastened to my seat for most of last night until bed time, watching 4 games at once on that Youtube TV as Minnesota and Nebraska wrangled, and I liked it. Meanwhile you couldn't get me to give a rat's ass about most NFL teams that aren't my Washington Commanders. I might watch for research but during that time slot that is my full focus. Which brings me to my last point. Any CFB game is easily available on TV. If you want to watch a game out of market in your area, it's likely not on TV and you'll have to fork over 350 dollars to Youtube TV for the "legal option"...

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
So the replacement for Bear on gameday will be Stanford Steve's 6 pack. He will pick 6 games each week. Based on his 1st pick & from what I found on the webz, if you want to be considered as smart as a Stanford grad, then go with Steve on these:

New Mexico +38 vs aTm
Duke+13 vs Clemson
Florida State+2.5 vs LSU
South Alabama+6.5 vs Tulane
South Carolina+2.5 vs North Carolina
UTSA-2 vs Houston

Awaiting Bear's Big Fox Debut!!

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
South Carolina needs to be featured on Gameday a lot more........oh those signs in the crowd!!! :biglaugh: :amazed: :naughty:

And I would be remiss if I did not mention how utterly impressed, I was with The U last night. I think Mario has taken a big step in fixing what ailed them & I think they will beat aTm next week. :nod:

Reactions: Canes

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
So I'm just not feeling this format for The Bear on Fox. No board like he had on Gameday & he's gone corporate :laugh: So I'm going to just take what I found from his podcast for now. So @GKJ, if you want to win enough $$$$ to help the Phillies sign Shohei Otani as a free agent, then go with The Bear on these gems:

2023/09/02MTSU+39 vs Alabama
2023/09/02Washington-14 vs Boise State
2023/09/02Purdue-3.5 vs Fresno State
2023/09/02TCU TT over 41.5

• Haha
Reactions: GKJ and Tony Romo

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Colorado is gonna absolutely stink this year.
Sure they were terrible last year, but their roster is vastly different. I'm not saying they'll beat TCU, but I'm certainly tempted to take +20.5.

TCU lost a decent amount of offensive production.

Will probably settle for the over.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Sure they were terrible last year, but their roster is vastly different. I'm not saying they'll beat TCU, but I'm certainly tempted to take +20.5.

There's 21s out there now, if that tells you anything...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So the replacement for Bear on gameday will be Stanford Steve's 6 pack. He will pick 6 games each week. Based on his 1st pick & from what I found on the webz, if you want to be considered as smart as a Stanford grad, then go with Steve on these:

New Mexico +38 vs aTm
Duke+13 vs Clemson
Florida State+2.5 vs LSU
South Alabama+6.5 vs Tulane
South Carolina+2.5 vs North Carolina
UTSA-2 vs Houston

Awaiting Bear's Big Fox Debut!!

So I'm just not feeling this format for The Bear on Fox. No board like he had on Gameday & he's gone corporate :laugh: So I'm going to just take what I found from his podcast for now. So @GKJ, if you want to win enough $$$$ to help the Phillies sign Shohei Otani as a free agent, then go with The Bear on these gems:

2023/09/02MTSU+39 vs Alabama
2023/09/02Washington-14 vs Boise State
2023/09/02Purdue-3.5 vs Fresno State
2023/09/02TCU TT over 41.5

At least Steve gives us more picks. I may have to keep track of this all season.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection........from Charlotte, NC, where Nature Boy Ric Flair 1st rose to prominence!~ :yo:

Factoid: Lee has never donned the Tar Heel head gear

Sign of the Day: "You're the GAME to my 'COCK" :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :amazed: :naughty:

Celebrity Picker: Legendary country rocker, huge Miami Dolphins fan & Gamecock alum Darius Rucker, who is hoping his alma mater won't make him cry tonight & picks them for the upset. :nod:

Lee: Says SC has won 4 of 5 over NC & everything points to SC to win. Not so fast, as he says Mack Brown will lead the Heels to a win and dons the Tar Heel headgear for the 1st time ever! :biglaugh:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Hmm.

Corso's Headgear Selection........from Charlotte, NC, where Nature Boy Ric Flair 1st rose to prominence!~ :yo:

Factoid: Lee has never donned the Tar Heel head gear

Sign of the Day: "You're the GAME to my 'COCK" :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :amazed: :naughty:

Celebrity Picker: Legendary country rocker, huge Miami Dolphins fan & Gamecock alum Darius Rucker, who is hoping his alma mater won't make him cry tonight & picks them for the upset. :nod:

Lee: Says SC has won 4 of 5 over NC & everything points to SC to win. Not so fast, as he says Mack Brown will lead the Heels to a win and dons the Tar Heel headgear for the 1st time ever! :biglaugh:
Man, someone on Fox had a crazy sign about Deion.

"Deion had more toes amputated than Colorado had wins"

• Wow
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

send me your betting advice next week please

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve heard rumors that someone took a mayonnaise bath on Game Day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad