GDT: We Will Not Break: Bruins @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2 - Bork, Bork, Bork!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
A loss today (combined with results from the other games) could drop the Devils below 40% to make the playoffs.

N.J

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Just finished the game, what an overall disaster. Everyone sucked last night. Everyone knows I can't stand watching Kinkaid play anymore but the whole team was definitely to blame last night. Kinkaid is never going to step up his game because he just simply doesn't have what it takes. He is what he is but boy am I tired of watching him. I'd rather see literally anyone else in net then him.

This ship is sinking fast and I just don't see us recovering unless Cory comes back soon and gets on a hot streak.

1 bad bounce on the Calgary game, 0 help last night... I can't fault the goalie for that. A few weak goals, very similar to the amount cory would let in during a 6 game span... 3-3...

With the way we have been playing, goaltending is the least of our concerns (cory, kk, applebe)

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
After going 3-3 since the all star break, they need to start winning again... get on a roll.

If they play like the second half of the Calgary game they'll be fine, if like last night then the playoff ship begins to sink.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
A loss today (combined with results from the other games) could drop the Devils below 40% to make the playoffs.

N.J

The thing with this is that it can change dramatically based on results from other games. Weren't we in the 80% range to make the playoffs earlier this week?

There's still so much that impacts this going forward, especially with the amount of divisional games left. We've still got all our games against Carolina which could provide a dramatic swing, last game against Philly this week, most of the games against Pittsburgh left and another game against the Isles and Rangers I believe.

Might be our lone hope is that we can still control a lot of what occurs if we can start taking care of business against our divisional rivals.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
1 bad bounce on the Calgary game,

is this a joke? the team fell apart after a terrible goal was given up.

i’m not a sky is falling poster but the team last night looked like they forgot how to play hockey. let’s hope they remember sooner than later

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The thing with this is that it can change dramatically based on results from other games. Weren't we in the 80% range to make the playoffs earlier this week?

There's still so much that impacts this going forward, especially with the amount of divisional games left. We've still got all our games against Carolina which could provide a dramatic swing, last game against Philly this week, most of the games against Pittsburgh left and another game against the Isles and Rangers I believe.

Might be our lone hope is that we can still control a lot of what occurs if we can start taking care of business against our divisional rivals.

Money puck still has us at 84%

Sports club has us at 62% If we lose tonight and every other game goes poorly

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Not according to this model. The highest we got with this model is was I believe 67%, which still leaves about a 1-in-3 chance of missing. It is just we crashed immediately after dragging our chances down.

I think moneypuck still has us near 80% to make. I think Blake’s model tracks closer to reality.

But yes it can swing significantly because it is tough to make up ground in the league with 3 Point games. If you go a stretch of losing in regulation you can tumble down quickly. Likewise if you win games in a a bunch (especially to teams you are fighting against for spots) and are already in a playoff spot you % can shoot up quickly as you are ticking games off.

The broader point is we are very close to being put ina difficult position re:playoffs this year. Especially with schneider being out

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Didn't watch the bloodbath yesterday, thankfully. Beating a team that we always struggle against would be pretty huge. Hall, at the very least, I see having a great game. He wants it.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I sincerely hope Eddie is ready.

2EOr.gif

He didn't say it that way, per se, but here's the link to AG's article:

He said the season's slipping away and they need better from a lot of people in the locker room including himself.

Were the f*** is Andy Greene? Can someone tell me why he was named captain? He has to be the most discrete, under the radar leader I ever saw.

I'd give Taylor Hall the C during the offseason. It's a not a demotion since there was no better option at the time but we can all see that it's Taylor's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad