Confirmed with Link: We signed Unger!!!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's a thing that's actually been studied academically. Silver medal winners are nearly always unhappier with the result than bronze winners. If you win a bronze, you're just happy that you medaled at all, but when you win silver, you're angry that you missed out on gold.
Seriously speaking, yes. Plus, bronze metal winners end their tournament with a win. Silver medal winner on the other hand is a bit of an oxymoron.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Seriously speaking, yes. Plus, bronze metal winners end their tournament with a win. Silver medal winner on the other hand is a bit of an oxymoron.
The dynamic is there even in individual sports when you're not playing head to head in the title game, so it's not even the ending with a loss thing. It's just an oddity of human psychology.

Also, I thought the silver bullet thing was vampires?

Reactions: geehaad and Lempo

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's a thing that's actually been studied academically. Silver medal winners are nearly always unhappier with the result than bronze winners. If you win a bronze, you're just happy that you medaled at all, but when you win silver, you're angry that you missed out on gold.

Yeah we were all WAY happier than Panthers fans were at the end of last year… :sarcasm:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Blade used silver bullets, silver stakes, and silver nitrate as weapons.

Van Helsing also used silver bullets vs vampires.

I ain't buying any of that newfangled stuff! When my life is on the line I'm only trusting what worked against these guys.

1704510923000.png

1704510957501.png

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He had a good tourney. It suits his game to be playing high tempo with like minded teammates. He’s not a big guy, I don’t know what he can be in the NHL but he looked good in the best tournament to judge him on. There isn’t really one special skill you see, he’s a well rounded, intelligent offensive player with above average speed. We’ll hopefully see him in the AHL sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad