We miss you Lars. Wild win.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Lessio, Danault, Brown, DLR, Mitchell, Byron, these are all warm bodies with no offensive instincts and no creativity whatsoever.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Condon gifted them 2 goals then they got an empty netter. Byron is weighing down Pleks. I actually thought Pleks played better after Mitchell was put on that line. Hudon played better when he was taken away from Pleks & Byron.

MT should try a Hudon - Plekanec - Mitchell line. I don't understand MT's fatuation with Byron. He brings no offense whatsoever.

If Eller is back next game they may have to send Hudon down, since he was only an emergency recall.

Liked Lessio and Ghetto upfront. Dietz played a simple, but effective game. Barberio might make Beaulieu expendable if he keeps this up.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Condon gifted them 2 goals then they got an empty netter. Byron is weighing down Pleks. I actually thought Pleks played better after Mitchell was put on that line. Hudon played better when he was taken away from Pleks & Byron.

MT should try a Hudon - Plekanec - Mitchell line. I don't understand MT's fatuation with Byron. He brings no offense whatsoever.

If Eller is back next game they may have to send Hudon down, since he was only an emergency recall.

Liked Lessio and Ghetto upfront. Dietz played a simple, but effective game. Barberio might make Beaulieu expendable if he keeps this up.

I hope Barberio can become a little tougher in the corners and solidify himself as a bottom pairing d-man. He's good on the PP.

But yeah, one would think Beaulieu would be the asset we'd need to use to get a young top-six forward.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I hope Barberio can become a little tougher in the corners and solidify himself as a bottom pairing d-man. He's good on the PP.

But yeah, one would think Beaulieu would be the asset we'd need to use to get a young top-six forward.

Yup.

But, gawd, the PP was an embarrassment tonight. :facepalm:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I want to see Holloway again. I think he deserves a little more time than the 5 minutes he played his first game.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I was watching this game and all I kept saying to myself while watching was why am I watching this and yet I kept watching. :dunno:

This season really needs to end and some exciting playoff hockey to start.

LOL! I was thinking exactly the same thing, in my case because I just got Sportsnet.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was there tonight....first game ever for my 8 year old girl.....yeah....I know....but she still likes this team. Thought like I said to her...this was not our team.

Anyway, really quick analysis based on what I saw live....DLR is having so much trouble just following the play. Same with Mac. But Lessio is a freakin keeper. I thought he was our best forward tonight and he should have had so much more icetime. But hey...it's Therrien. Liked Hudon too. And Barberio. Like the guy as well. Does he has a play in your next year 7 d-men?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Was there tonight....first game ever for my 8 year old girl.....yeah....I know....but she still likes this team. Thought like I said to her...this was not our team.

Anyway, really quick analysis based on what I saw live....DLR is having so much trouble just following the play. Same with Mac. But Lessio is a freakin keeper. I thought he was our best forward tonight and he should have had so much more icetime. But hey...it's Therrien. Liked Hudon too. And Barberio. Like the guy as well. Does he has a play in your next year 7 d-men?

It seems I always notice Lessio in the games he's played in. The guy as some great speed and likes to play an in your face type game.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It seems I always notice Lessio in the games he's played in. The guy as some great speed and likes to play an in your face type game.

4th line, perfect role. And I think he still has some untapped offensive potential that we could see from time to time. You need to go all in with this kid.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
They are all third and fourth liners, who cares. You should be directing your frustrations at the limp Top 6.

Are you blind or are you intentionally pretending like these "third and fourth liners" don't get top 6 mins? You do realize that Byron is on the 2nd line right?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
4th line, perfect role. And I think he still has some untapped offensive potential that we could see from time to time. You need to go all in with this kid.

Agreed... Makes the brown waiver pick up all the more puzzling. Lessio should get every opportunity to prove himself in that 4th line agitator/in-your-face role (even w/o being a goon/pugilist).

Lessio -Mitchell-Byron would be a solid 4th line to start next year with (especially with Flynn/DLR/Matteau as injury/performance subs ready & waiting)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't have issue with Plek as a player it's his new contract that's the problem. He's not a $6m player.

In today's NHL, he is. Look at the double digit million contracts handed out. Hell, look at the absolute albatross Ryan Kesler got. You simply won't get anywhere near a replacement for anything less nowadays. If we were in a position to sign Stamkos, then sure, let Plek walk if he were a UFA this year, but we didn't have that option. One could argue Price isn't going to be worth $12M (I, personally, don't feel any goalie is), but he'll get it. Likewise, Pacioretty at 9M.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Agreed... Makes the brown waiver pick up all the more puzzling. Lessio should get every opportunity to prove himself in that 4th line agitator/in-your-face role (even w/o being a goon/pugilist).

Lessio -Mitchell-Byron would be a solid 4th line to start next year with (especially with Flynn/DLR/Matteau as injury/performance subs ready & waiting)

Tons of picks, call ups and so on are mind puzzling. Not surprised anymore by this management. But the Lessio acquisition might actually be a fine one.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Dietz should be playing every night until the end of the year.

He has to pass through waivers next year. He may be on the bench for the first half of the season like Pateryn and Tinordi were this year. Better to get him 15 games of NHL experience now.

If Barberio passed the waivers at the beginning of the season, be sure nobody will take Dietz at the beginning of the next one.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Whining and hate here as always. Very good for the Montréal Ice Caps against a real NHL team fighting for the playoffs. Condon gave away the first goal and the last one in an empty net. So a 2-1 game is very good with that lineup.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Missing Lars Eller for Christsakes!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad