We have arrived at the first truly big games of this season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If Leafs begin to lose games than Tampa Bay is going start creating more distance and continue to look like the team to beat for the Atlantic Div.

Leafs can't afford to fall too far behind the Lightning if they have any hopes of winning the Div.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I think this maybe a measuring stick game, however I am not sure how many changes Washington made during the off season.

I think beating Washington comes down to stopping Ovi (and big part of that is not taking penalties). If you can do that you have the best odds of coming out on top

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Nah every game is two points. Make the playoffs and it’s a new season.
That’s why Bobcat breaks the season down into five game segments with the goal of 6 points.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Little concerned our D gets exposed here. Ovi is on fire. Hoping for the best.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Every game is big in the regular season. 2 points.

More points we get right now, the easier it is to digest slumps/losing streaks in the future. Every team will go through ups and downs.

Just have to make sure that when they're going good, they continue that for as long as possible.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Am I the only one that sees these ganes as a huge chance to create distance between us and 4 teams behind us?

I think so.

I look at the season as 82 opportunities to get 90+ points. In that way, no one game is more important than the other. Getting a lead in the standings means nothing if you drop points later on. There's no sense (imo) in putting more pressure on yourself to win a game. Just collect your points and ideally print your playoff tickets.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nah every game is two points. Make the playoffs and it’s a new season.
That’s why Bobcat breaks the season down into five game segments with the goal of 6 points.

Every game is big in the regular season. 2 points.

More points we get right now, the easier it is to digest slumps/losing streaks in the future. Every team will go through ups and downs.

Just have to make sure that when they're going good, they continue that for as long as possible.

Except for MTL games. Beating MTL = priceless. :)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Eh in terms of being "first" the initial major challenge was definitely that Hawks game.

But a win tonight would be very nice

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think every game is important - I would be content with the split, obviously I want them to win both

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I was certainly more interested in the outcome of a HNIC versus the Habs than I am for tonight's game. Beating the Caps would be nice, but this is really just another one of the back to backs we're going to have this season. Would be thrilled to pull out 3 or 4 points, but I don't think this is anything particularly challenging, or something that will indicate how the rest of the season goes. Putting space between us and others in the standings is cool, but it's probably just better to focus on getting the 2 points as much as possible and let the other chips fall where they may.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am not sure why every single game is either a statement or a big game - to me every single is equally important. The line is to win most nights

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I am not sure why every single game is either a statement or a big game - to me every single is equally important. The line is to win most nights

I guess if you work at Bell/Rogers and are trying to sell the game of the night... it's all a battle, statement, answer, message or rematch.

Is it just me or do games lack some of the rivalry/intensity of days past?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad