Post-Game Talk: We don't need no stinkin' heroes - the whole team is made of Game 7 heroes.

*Bob Richards*

LOL. So true.

In a series where the Main Board preliminary thread was littered with Stepan/Richards vs. Ribeiro/Backstrom, Brassard won.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
One goal and one assist in seven games.

Brian Boyle had a better stat-line than him in less games.

lollllllll

"Boyle/Dorsett won't have impacts" (Paraphrased) was one of my favorites, though who could have predicted Boyle would have been that good? The whole point of 4th liners is to go out and try to change the momentum of the game.

NHRangerfan

I wonder how Holtby feels about the work he got last night? Should be a lesson to him, don't give the other team more motivation. He comes out after game 2-0 like a cocky ***** and talks about how little work he had and how easy the game was for him. Whether or not it's true, you don't say that to the media. You say how great your guys played and helped you a lot. Don't say "well it wasn't a very taxing game."

I posted this last night, on the post game after Hank was interviewed and praised his teammates, Leetch said how classy Hank was and how he never wold say anything like Holtby said.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Damn. NBC ripping into Ovechicken. I didn't think he was that bad in the last 5 games. I honestly think that McD/Girardi/God did that good of a job on him.

(Except for Ovechbox)

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The Caps were in slow motion almost the whole game, and when they did get breaks, a step ahead, they passed it around like a shinny game, letting the Rangers get back in position, where the Rangers seem to get ALL the rebounds, the ones they didn't Hank just ate up.

As much high octane as that offense has/had, they were not conditioned to win a 7 game series. Seems like that team never is.

I noticed several times when shots last night in game 7 were fired the Dmen made it a point to lift Caps sticks and really bump em. The GWG in game 5 both guys were left totally untouched in the crease by Moore and Stralman

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
They ripped in to him for what he said. Ovi once again proving to be a cry baby who can't pin the blame on himself and his team for not showing up and/or producing.

It just shows the deep down losing mentality that comes out of playoff performances like this. Getting bounced early can lead to two things: 1.) a lesson that you accept and work to grow with and 2.) A woe is me everything is negative attitude.

You can't let bad officiating, past results (previous games in this series and previous series experiences) and whining influence your play. As much as people don't like Callahan's bland post game interviews after losses, that's how you want your captain to be. You want him to know they didn't perform how they should have and to know that they have the strength to come back and play better next game. Always keep your head up. Hockey is very much a mental game and letting negativity creep into your mind is the worst thing to happen in the playoffs. Unfortunately for the Caps it seems that all their early round exits and whining was very much ruining their psyche for the games. I'd rather have my captain give a boring interview where he says "we weren't good, we need to be better and we will be better tomorrow" than one who will whine about officiating and conspiracies.

Btw, anyone catch Fehr in his postgame interview in that video start by saying Hank wasn't anything special last night? They had 35 shots, a few breakaways and odd-man rushes as well as many point blank opportunities. He was indeed special in games 6 and 7. Fehr was talking like all of their shots were blocked or were unscreened from the outside. If only more players were like Backstrom. No whining, knows he needed to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad