Post-Game Talk: We are the ones who blew two more leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
and they are…..as much as "trust the process" has been plopped out wherever…….these guys are moving in the right direction

They are. People are angry and frustrated over what happened the first 8 games. The last three have been much better.

We have been outscored 19-7 in 3rd periods this season. In 11 ****ing games, 19 goals against in the 3rd period alone...

So what? In this game the third period was 1-1.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Why does Hughes continue to get so much 3v3 time and PS opportunities when he has performed horrendously in these situations?

He doesn't have to earn anything? That's great coaching.

Let the damn kid develop properly.

I was going to type this in the GDT... we don't need him out there in 3v3, he cannot handle it defensively. Sure he's silky with the puck but if he can't hack it defensively yet I'd rather just use Nico and Zacha while spelling them with Zajac or Coleman when needed. Zacha 100% deserves regular OT shifts and the fact that doesn't infuriates me.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
It already is. As long as Hynes is behind the bench, this team is going nowhere, and I have no faith that Shero would let him go anytime soon.

At least the next GM should have some good young talent to build around

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
They didn't play better. Flyers are just a weaker team compared to Tampa...like way weaker

Right, every single team we play decently against is a bad team or having a bad night. Forget that the Flyers were supposed to be a playoff team this year, Tampa was the odds on cup favorite, Arizona is 1 point out of a playoff spot, and Vancouver is in one.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
If I have to hear the players/coach talk about how they played a good game and they're improving, and how they were unlucky/should have won, I'll lose it. I don't care that they lost in the gimmick, it shouldn't have gotten there in the first place. Another blown lead in the 3rd at home. Absolutely unacceptable. If anyone talks about any silver lining out of this game they should be scratched/fired.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Good game from Nico but he needs some more confidence back to fully attack. Always goes for the safe option and rather backtracking than going for the rush. Hope he gets that mojo back soon.

On another note, Nico has won 19 out of 25 faceoffs tonight, that's especially amazing as Giroux/Couturier are pretty much the best in the League at the point.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I was going to type this in the GDT... we don't need him out there in 3v3, he cannot handle it defensively. Sure he's silky with the puck but if he can't hack it defensively yet I'd rather just use Nico and Zacha while spelling them with Zajac or Coleman when needed. Zacha 100% deserves regular OT shifts and the fact that doesn't infuriates me.
And ya can't tell me this isn't pissing off some guys in the locker room. Rightfully so.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I love Palms but he is a complimentary player and the team won't succeed if he's apart of the "core". It's like Oshie, STL was mediocre when he was a core player but he fit perfectly on Washington taking a complimentary role behind Ovie, Backstrom, Kuvnetsov, and Carlson.

Don't want to get rid of Palms but this team won't be successful if he's a go to guy. Need Hughes, Nico, Zacha, and Bratt to develop
Those 4 are developing regardless.

Why jettison one of the few bright spot workhorses on this team?

Do you not realize that what you're saying is that having McLeod or Seney in the lineup instead of Palms will somehow accelerate the young guys development?

Insanity.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Seriously though. Who did look responsible in that OT? Bratt is skating directly into three Flyers and coughing the puck up.

I am not sure what Subban is doing half the time.

I get some folks want to find any reason to shit on Jack because they didn’t pick the guy they wanted (who is playing like dog shit), but Jack is the least of their 3 on 3 issues.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

OT should have been Zacha, Bratt, Hischier and Hall up front. That's it.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Seriously though. Who did look responsible in that OT? Bratt is skating directly into three Flyers and coughing the puck up.

I get some folks want to find any reason to **** on Jack because they didn’t pick the guy they wanted (who is playing like dog ****), but Jack is the least of their 3 on 3 issues.

That was a bad play, Bratt is a little overconfident right now.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
3f1ls8.jpg

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

I get some folks want to find any reason to **** on Jack because they didn’t pick the guy they wanted (who is playing like dog ****), but Jack is the least of their 3 on 3 issues.

Hughes overall had a good game and was fine in the 3 on 3 except for losing an edge (which happens). He is getting better every game and is the least of the team’s issues right now.

now I would stop using him in the shootout, but that’s a minor thing.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Wow some people actually defending this idea that the team is playing better while continuing to lose.
How big of a sample size is needed to accept that this team - as currently constructed and led by this coaching staff - is trash?
I don't even understand how anyone can say they played a good game tonight. What I saw was two bad teams. The quality of play was piss poor.
This is a losing culture taking hold. It's nuts. Just nuts.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hughes overall had a good game and was fine in the 3 on 3 except for losing an edge (which happens). He is getting better every game and is the least of the team’s issues right now.

now I would stop using him in the shootout, but that’s a minor thing.

I am just pointing out a drive by agenda shot.

The rest of us realize Jack is playing well. I agree he should maybe not be in the shootout, but over who? They all seem to suck balls at it.

Reactions: Blender

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
We did though! I mean, it wasn't great, but if you (not you specifically... y'all...) don't think they're improving, I just disagree.

They got out shot and out shot attempted again at 5 on 5. They did not play well. A few individual players may have, but the team did not.

Reactions: Blender
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad