OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A teammate of mine texted Sunday to say he wouldn’t be at the game because he donated blood and was feeling some side effects.

Texted today to tell us he is actually in the end stages of kidney failure and the doctors do not understand how he is alive.

Latest he texted, he’s being transferred to a different hospital, but that they do not expect him to survive the night.

I am completely floored.
Yikes.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1712847461079.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I know one should not speak ill of the dead but- I hope the bastard roasts in hell.
He is pure evil and I am glad he is gone from this earth. It will make me sick to hear some defending him and pretending he was a good guy, because you just know they are out there.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
A teammate of mine texted Sunday to say he wouldn’t be at the game because he donated blood and was feeling some side effects.

Texted today to tell us he is actually in the end stages of kidney failure and the doctors do not understand how he is alive.

Latest he texted, he’s being transferred to a different hospital, but that they do not expect him to survive the night.

I am completely floored.
My brother had kidney disease and ended up on dialysis. He was pretty sick before he started dialysis so it's hard to understand why your friend was not feeling sick and didn't know he had this. Good reminder to have your doctor do regular blood labs that include checking your creatinine levels.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Throwing the whole double murder thing out the window, I will say, OJ was really charismatic. A good announcer and comedic actor, and his Twitter videos were surprisingly entertaining and endearing. Of course, that charm probably helped him get away with some things.

Hell of a running back too. Greatest athlete in Buffalo Bills history.

Reactions: smithformeragent

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Throwing the whole double murder thing out the window, I will say, OJ was really charismatic. A good announcer and comedic actor, and his Twitter videos were surprisingly entertaining and endearing. Of course, that charm probably helped him get away with some things.

Hell of a running back too. Greatest athlete in Buffalo Bills history.
he was great in the Naked Gun movies

Reactions: BMC and McGarnagle

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
AFAIK debts must be paid before anything can be paid to his heirs. And that judgement is most certainly a debt.
I just wonder how much he's hidden or tied up in things that aren't easy to liquify. Based on the judgement against him, there is very little that will go to his heirs.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This is an excellent piece about Nicole Brown Simpson and what OJ did to her before he murdered her.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Everyone blames the jury and is mad at OJ for getting off, but in reality they should be mad at the LAPD and DA's office for absolutely bungling the case. Mark Fuhrman's behavior single-handedly tainted the prosecution's case, and Ito should've recused himself for bias after it turned out that Fuhrman had a previous workplace conflict with his wife and was taped disparaging her.

It was honestly the perfect example for the state of how not to run a trial. Johnny Cochrane didn't even need to do much other than make a couple memorable quips about the glove not fitting and to implant the racism factor in the jury's mind since they were barely 3 years removed from the Rodney King riots.

Reactions: BMC

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Everyone blames the jury and is mad at OJ for getting off, but in reality they should be mad at the LAPD and DA's office for absolutely bungling the case. Mark Fuhrman's behavior single-handedly tainted the prosecution's case, and Ito should've recused himself for bias after it turned out that Fuhrman had a previous workplace conflict with his wife and was taped disparaging her.

It was honestly the perfect example for the state of how not to run a trial. Johnny Cochrane didn't even need to do much other than make a couple memorable quips about the glove not fitting and to implant the racism factor in the jury's mind since they were barely 3 years removed from the Rodney King riots.
Some of the jurors over the years have admitted they found him not guilty in revenge of Rodney King. No case is handled perfect by police and DA but with what the jury was given it was not very difficult to see he was guilty. Hitler had less evidence against him.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Some of the jurors over the years have admitted they found him not guilty in revenge of Rodney King. No case is handled perfect by police and DA but with what the jury was given it was not very difficult to see he was guilty. Hitler had less evidence against him.
That jury (predomenantly women) knew from day one what they were going to do. Revenge for the Rodney King case plus athlete worship doomed the prosecution.

You also have to add in that a majority of women at the time thought talking about domestic violence was taboo and that wives should try and work it out with her husband. Nicole was blamed for "bringing it on herself". The jurors have admitted to that line of thinking as well.

OJ was a monster and now he's finally where he belongs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad