Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Okay let's be real here.

Dallas loses game one cause that's what they do. Good Jake, bad Jake doesn't matter they haven't won a game 1 since the bubble playoffs.

Otter will also have one stinker. McDrai are too good and they'll win at least one other game.

Otherwise Dallas' 4 lines, better goaltending, superior road play, and quite frankly better coaching will carry the rest of the series.

Dallas in 6.
No one has a worse Game 1 record than the Oilers in the past 7 years.

The rest of your assessment seems very reasonable.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Dallas is superior on paper and Deboer is a hell of a coach, but that’s why the games are played. I hope the series won’t be as easy for the Stars as everyone here seems to think. Only gets harder from here on out, but let’s go Oilers.

Reactions: sepHF and zar

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Man, the Stars look so solid from A to Z.

This will be an incredibly difficult challenge for my Oilers to come out of this one the victor. Almost feels the same as a couple years ago with the Avs… both the Avs then and this Stars team are legit and had/have an awesome team. Just hoping this time we can win a couple games and you never know.

Brain says Stars. Heart says Oilers!

Let’s go!
Took the words from my mouth. Dallas is likely the deepest team in the playoffs. The Oilers have the higher skill ceiling, but our depth doesn't match up well... Not to mention Skinner has looked shaky in his last 4 starts.

Hoping for a win, but won't be mad if Stars make it past us.

Reactions: zar

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Oilers will need much better efforts from Skinner, McLeod and Foegele in this series than what they've gotten so far this postseason. Hoping that Henrique can get back and be productive as well. The team that I least wanted to face in the west was Dallas. I think that it should be a great series as long as the Oilers can get reasonable goaltending which we haven't gotten much of this postseason.

Reactions: Tofveve and zar

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Stars are a stiiiiiiifff test. Not sure if it's their time or Edmonton's. Just feels like Dallas is the real deal top to bottom. But Edmonton is battle-tested too with the their superstars (principly McDavid) needing to win a Cup. Tough one to call, really. It's either Dallas' well-rounded game with adequate fire-power vs Edmonton's high octane offense (lethal power play). In fairness Edmonton is decently well-rounded with a fair amount of sand-paper and grit too.

Will be a great series I predict.

The final 4 are all tough teams. What doozies for conference finals!

Wyatt Johnston's coming into his own as a star is something to witness too. It'll be interesting to see if he can continue the strong play through this round.

*picking Edmonton in 7. Wouldn't be heart-broken either way.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
This is where great players take it to another level, I hope McDavid goes crazy, the hope of Canada rests on the Oilers shoulders. Vancouver founds success shutting him down, will Dallas? That Dallas depth is pretty crazy.

On paper, Dallas should win this one, the NHL should want the Oilers to win this one though.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Stars in 5, maybe 4 depending on Skinners mood. Unlike the Canucks and Kings, Stars will actually generate high danger chances
Skinner lets those in more than anyone. He gets pulled 3+ times this series.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I'll say Stars in 6.

Much as I'd like to see it, it probably won't be as easy as some think.
This

Mentality will be apart of it. Not saying the Oilers are the 2019 CBJ, just using that as an extreme example. Hunger and momentum can turn a series regardless of depth disparity, and Edmontons top guys are ice tilt personified.

Stars are by no means guaranteed a win

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Honestly not sold on Oettinger. He was fantastic against Calgary in 2022 but I feel like he's been riding off that series for awhile.

Not that he hasn't had his moments of stellar play, but as far as being consistent & in the conversation with goalies like Shesterkin/Demko/Helle... not sure.

If the Oilers can get to him early & plant a seed of doubt it would be big. Plus the Oilers PP is still a massive weapon. Very curious to see how their PK does, they were fantastic against Vancouver but our PP has also sucked for awhile so.. its sort of a chicken & egg thing.. but I'm sure we'll find out quickly.

Dallas is definitely the deeper/more complete team, but they are also missing their 1C to start it seems like, which opens the door for Edmonton.

I think Stars in 5 or 6, but we'll see. EDM is good too.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I don't know why exactly, but I have a feeling the Oilers are going to win and they're going to win fairly easily.

Honestly, I don't know why everyone here is acting like Dallas is the 1977 Canadiens or something. In total, Dallas had 1 more regulation win than Edmonton this past season, and after Nov. 15th the Oilers were the better team overall.

The obvious question mark is Edmonton's goaltending issues. But if they can just get league-average goaltending, I think they're fine.

Dallas is a really deep team in terms of having a balanced attack, so that depth is always good in playoffs. But if McDavid is healthy (that warm Texan air maybe will help his perpetual cold / Flu symptoms), I like the chances of he and Drai vs. Dallas's 65-point scorers, some of whom are past their prime.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
So I know there's been discussion about it not being the case many Canadian's are rooting for any Canadian team.

But a glance at the NHL social media shows there's quite a bit of that attitude, with Canucks fans now Oilers fans. I find it dumb.

I don't really like either team so I hope it goes 7 games with alot of OT's and whoever can win just to hopefully lose in the finals to the Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad