OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I ran out of ways to make the "I can't believe you just sat there and said that" face at work

I felt like @Gee Wally :sarcasm:

IMG_1122.gif

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have allergy testing today and am so happy. I haven’t been able to take any allergy meds since Thursday and my eyes are on fire and my nose is so stuffed it is causing sinus headaches.

How bad are allergies up there?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Done with court, yay! They said this was the largest docket they had, probably well over 80 people. Everybody just sits there and gets to hear your crime lol. I was afraid I was going to be there for hours but I was maybe the 20th person they called. Was only there about 45 minutes total.

Just have to do a four hour traffic class (that costs $234 :eek3:) but no points on the record.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I was looking forward to planting some zinnias and a few other flowers/veggies this weekend but now I'm not sure I want to with severe weather expected on Monday. We had to delay a week because the beds and ground were too soggy.

Reactions: caz16

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Seriously if it had been me I would have had a coronary.

This would negate the purpose.
If you are not watching the Women's NCAA Basketball Final, you really should.

Caitlin Clark is an amazing basketball player. She's got 18, after the 1st quarter against an undefeated South Carolina team...

Her basketball IQ and shooting ability screams Larry Bird....

Yes, but can she trash talk like Bird?

I rather doubt it.

FWIW I am very pleased and greatly heartened by the growth, acceptance and enthusiasm for women's sports.

#GoodThingsHappenToo

Reactions: BMC

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This would negate the purpose.

Yes, but can she trash talk like Bird?

I rather doubt it.

FWIW I am very pleased and greatly heartened by the growth, acceptance and enthusiasm for women's sports.

#GoodThingsHappenToo
She's got a decent trash talk game. Very few people are on Bird's level in that department.

Reactions: GordonHowe

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
A teammate of mine texted Sunday to say he wouldn’t be at the game because he donated blood and was feeling some side effects.

Texted today to tell us he is actually in the end stages of kidney failure and the doctors do not understand how he is alive.

Latest he texted, he’s being transferred to a different hospital, but that they do not expect him to survive the night.

I am completely floored.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
A teammate of mine texted Sunday to say he wouldn’t be at the game because he donated blood and was feeling some side effects.

Texted today to tell us he is actually in the end stages of kidney failure and the doctors do not understand how he is alive.

Latest he texted, he’s being transferred to a different hospital, but that they do not expect him to survive the night.

I am completely floored.
Oh wow, I'm so sorry. How tragic for him and his family. I can't imagine.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

I am completely floored.
That is terrible. Prayers sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad