GDT: We’re not in Dallas anymore CAR@DAL

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Happy as hell for Ned. I'm still kind of not sure if I'm sold on him or not, but this is the kind of game that inspires confidence.

And, I hated losing Wallmark but Trocheck has been a solid contributor.
Wallmark was a great jack of all trades depth guy. Trocheck is looking like he could challenge Aho to be the best center on the team.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Happy as hell for Ned. I'm still kind of not sure if I'm sold on him or not, but this is the kind of game that inspires confidence.

And, I hated losing Wallmark but Trocheck has been a solid contributor.

Losing Wallmark stinks, sure. The "give to get" principle applies here, however. Trocheck should've never been available for that little, and I'm just thankful that Carolina saw an opportunity and didn't overthink it.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think some of the covid crew that was still struggling a bit looked better tonight. Dougie as well. Still very encouraging that no matter who we play, no matter who we are able to throw out there on a given night, and no matter who doesn't have their game, we are in every game and winning most.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I'm not saying Ned is going to be a #1 goalie in the league

But right now, he's not Scott Darling. And that's good enough for me

Exactly. We just needed some re-assurance that he can at least be a decent backup when the opportunity presents itself. That's the kind of game that makes me feel better about possibly replacing one of Reimer or Mrazek from within.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
He was always hurt, and it was affecting his on ice play. Management was afraid he would never regain his form and they'd be stuck with an overpaid contract kinda like J. Staal

Yep, with these injured guys you never know what you'll end up with unfortunately. Sometimes they bounce back and you pick up Justin Williams. Sometimes they don't and you just picked up a complete boat anchor of a contract.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Jake even said we were off in the second. (Gardiner) also said last year he and Fluery didn't mesh doing better this season.

I think we can all agree on that.. And he didn't do it in a way that felt like he threw Fluery under the bus.. I think he realized he wasn't great last season either. :)

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
For a team that is coming into Cup aspirations, I wouldn't, unless it was the only way we could keep guys and perhaps add another impact piece.

Is it that much of a risk, though? Two competitive clubs that I recall did something similar a year ago: Colorado with Francouz and Toronto with Hutchinson. The former panned out and the latter didn't. The Leafs went out and got Jack Campbell that deadline. If Ned doesn't pan out, maybe you make that much-hyped Kuemper deal next deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00