GDT: WDF Game 5: Vegas Golden Knights Vs Colorado Avalanche | 6:00PM PT | Series tied, your kitten me...

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
The boys cannot let the Avs win game 6 in our barn. They have to capitalize on this gift. I fully expected the refs to screw us with a weak penalty. And screw these NBCSN guys they sound disappointed that Colorado lost. They fired the only real Vegas fan at NBCSN. No national network will hire him so I hope we get rid of McKenna (Nic Gismondi was better) and hire JR.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The boys cannot let the Avs win game 6 in our barn. They have to capitalize on this gift. I fully expected the refs to screw us with a weak penalty. And screw these NBCSN guys they sound disappointed that Colorado lost. They fired the only real Vegas fan at NBCSN. No national network will hire him so I hope we get rid of McKenna (Nic Gismondi was better) and hire JR.
You're wrong about the NBC. They are cheerleading for Vegas. Read the Avs GDT if you don't believe me.....

Reactions: Vegas07

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah we need to win one more then we can start talking predictions. Every round should get harder to advance regardless of the opponent.

Does anyone feel that this feels like the Stanley Cup Finals in our inaugural season? First game blowout by home team which were favorite and everyone wrote the game one loser off and adjustments were made and then it was a quick 4 straight wins by the dog.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
The Knights will steamroll Montreal. I have a feeling it’s going to be Tampa that makes it from the other semifinal

Been watching all the series. I think winner of our series (we need to play MUCH better on Thursday - we had no business winning tonight) will eat Canadiens lunch, but Tampa looks tremendous now that they have Kucherov and Stamkos back.

I don't think Price is in God mode - did you see the second Jet goal last night?? Almost rivaled Fleury's tonight. And the Jets had nothing and no Schiefele.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah we need to win one more then we can start talking predictions. Every round should get harder to advance regardless of the opponent.

Does anyone feel that this feels like the Stanley Cup Finals in our inaugural season? First game blowout by home team which were favorite and everyone wrote the game one loser off and adjustments were made and then it was a quick 4 straight wins by the dog.
I was thinking exactly that after game 1

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
You're wrong about the NBC. They are cheerleading for Vegas. Read the Avs GDT if you don't believe me.....

I know I've seen the gdt and chatted with other avs fans I've known for years and they like their altitude tv announcers that can say nothing wrong about the Avs because the network is owned by the Kronkes. I do like Kyle Keefe and I love Mark Rycroft with his ugly suits and isn't afraid to point out what needs to be done or who isn't doing their jobs. I also don't like how several of our announcers are employed by Foley. I originally thought they were ATT Sportsnet employees. I just want the announcers to speak their mind freely especially when times are not good.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This is late but, STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best player the Knights have ever had.

Prove me wrong.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I know I've seen the gdt and chatted with other avs fans I've known for years and they like their altitude tv announcers that can say nothing wrong about the Avs because the network is owned by the Kronkes. I do like Kyle Keefe and I love Mark Rycroft with his ugly suits and isn't afraid to point out what needs to be done or who isn't doing their jobs. I also don't like how several of our announcers are employed by Foley. I originally thought they were ATT Sportsnet employees. I just want the announcers to speak their mind freely especially when times are not good.

I like to read the boards of the other team - especially when we win. I know they're fans, but the complaining that NBC and the NHL want VGK to win and the refs are fixing the game can be a bit much.

I also don't want my announcers to be homers - it's hard not to be, though, but I think Goucher and Hnidy are extremely good, and pretty fair even if they obviously root for VGK.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
This is late but, STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best player the Knights have ever had.

Prove me wrong.

Tuch could be if he'd stick handle better, and Pietrangelo give you a pretty good argument, but can't disagree.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fleury stood up and was counted after the mistake. It could have defined his narrative this season but his reaction now could be the story if he takes this and gets back to his best from here on.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I like to read the boards of the other team - especially when we win. I know they're fans, but the complaining that NBC and the NHL want VGK to win and the refs are fixing the game can be a bit much.

I also don't want my announcers to be homers - it's hard not to be, though, but I think Goucher and Hnidy are extremely good, and pretty fair even if they obviously root for VGK.
Avs fan here, Boucher is an absolute lunatic for you lot. I was beyond shocked because I thought he was quite good and neutral based analysis, but he's been unbelievably biased for Vegas and to me it makes sense since a lot of fans like expansion teams (there isn't any sort of opinion of them yet).

I mean I think it's more naive in thinking that people (I mean we're talking about humans here) are somehow not biased. I don't agree with the Av fans who are complaining about Eddie O, I think he's been quite fair to either team but he does have an obsession with Fleury dating back to his coaching days.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Avs fan here, Boucher is an absolute lunatic for you lot. I was beyond shocked because I thought he was quite good and neutral based analysis, but he's been unbelievably biased for Vegas and to me it makes sense since a lot of fans like expansion teams (there isn't any sort of opinion of them yet).

I mean I think it's more naive in thinking that people (I mean we're talking about humans here) are somehow not biased. I don't agree with the Av fans who are complaining about Eddie O, I think he's been quite fair to either team but he does have an obsession with Fleury dating back to his coaching days.
All they talked about the whole game was MacK and Makar. If Vegas made a good play, like the great Karlsson pass to Marchy, they went on and on about the Avs turning it over...that was the only play they saw. MacK hasn't had a point in three games so they talked about that for ten minutes. They were complimentary of how Fleury recovered from his huge mistake though.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Tuch could be if he'd stick handle better, and Pietrangelo give you a pretty good argument, but can't disagree.

Tuch is a player that is borderline phenomenal. The guy has also much skill but there is just something missing from him that prevents him from taking that next step in becoming a world class player.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Tuch is a player that is borderline phenomenal. The guy has also much skill but there is just something missing from him that prevents him from taking that next step in becoming a world class player.

his passing and use of teammates leads a bit to be desired.

Reactions: HanSolo

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I don't get why people complain about announcer bias anyways. Like really who cares. Does it change the outcome more often than you wearing your lucky pants? In any case I think people just make that up in their minds that the announcer is an enemy, it's not based on anything else.

Last night's game felt like the payback on game 2. I figured at some point the Knights would steal a game and there it was. Let's see if they bring the urgency and game they had before tomorrow.

Avs players looked scared to me last night, especially after the first giveaway goal. They were scared to make plays until they got the first goal and then after the second they went to playing positive hockey and Vegas looked tired. Then one goal and Avs players were playing scared. If you aren't playing positive aggressive hockey then you are going to struggle.

To win tomorrow Knights just have to play positive hockey and not tighten up. I think Avs will come out with less pressure even though it's an elimination game because the expectations are lowered now. They have been written off by many so now they just go out and play and see what happens. Knights have to be in the same mindset.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't get why people complain about announcer bias anyways. Like really who cares. Does it change the outcome more often than you wearing your lucky pants? In any case I think people just make that up in their minds that the announcer is an enemy, it's not based on anything else.

Last night's game felt like the payback on game 2. I figured at some point the Knights would steal a game and there it was. Let's see if they bring the urgency and game they had before tomorrow.

Avs players looked scared to me last night, especially after the first giveaway goal. They were scared to make plays until they got the first goal and then after the second they went to playing positive hockey and Vegas looked tired. Then one goal and Avs players were playing scared. If you aren't playing positive aggressive hockey then you are going to struggle.

To win tomorrow Knights just have to play positive hockey and not tighten up. I think Avs will come out with less pressure even though it's an elimination game because the expectations are lowered now. They have been written off by many so now they just go out and play and see what happens. Knights have to be in the same mindset.

I think most of our fans don't like hearing anything negative about the team, so when the national broadcasts are on and they are more or less even it's jarring to them. Then some fans will take focus on another team's stars as negative against us. But that just is selling the game to a casual observer of a national broadcast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad