Series Talk: WCSF: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (WC1) Nashville Predators

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Was wondering if any of you posters used to(or still do) live in Columbus?

Back in both the '06 and '07 playoffs a couple of Sharks fans from Columbus came to the games in Nashville and sat in my section, and were really good guys and good fans, even though I was salty over the result of the series I enjoyed talking to them.

If any of them is you, was wondering if you came down this year?(I don't have tix any more).

I've lived in Columbus for 10 years, but I didn't go to any of the games in Nashville, sorry.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If we get to the SCF, I'm expecting 4 pm weekday starts.

they must be planning for a central team to make it....

I think they always start at 5pm regardless. The NHL couldn't care less about the west coast teams.

AFAIK, it wasn't until Anaheim made the SCF that the league "set" the start time for ALL SCF games as 5pm PT.

ET folks complain that the game goes late.
PT folks complain about pregame traffic (except on weekends).
MT folks barely get home in time for dinner.
CT folks probably love it.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
5PM starts are rough. My boss is a hockey fan (not the Sharks) so he will prob understand that I come in early on those days and head off by 4:15.

But what do I care. I hope I have to put up with those horrible start times. #stanleycupproblems

marleau2112

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
Any guesses on when the WCF home games would be, should we move on? I'm coming to the area next weekend and am hoping to catch a game if everything goes well.

Am I correct in assuming they'd start Saturday and alternate days on/off, resulting in a Friday Game 4?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Meh don't like this too much, as much as I loved to hear Drew's rant.

He predicted in the podcast before game 6 that the Sharks would win and close out the series that night. He predicted Washington would win game 6 and come back in the series and win. He predicted the St Louis/Dallas series would end with a St Louis win in game 6 the other night too. And then in the most recent one where he ripped the Sharks, he said that he thinks they will win game 7 and that he's more confident in the Sharks winning game 7 than St Louis winning their game 7. He's been dead wrong on all of the one's that have already happened so far.

But at least he also said ''I'm not right on these things most of the time'' in the podcast that took place prior to game 6.

likewall32

**putt meem hear**
Feb 6, 2006
Central PA
"This century."

16 years....

That's more impressive when you ration that each of those cities has 4 chances a year to erase that stat, so each place is not 0-16, but instead 0-64 (or 0-59 in DC's case) since 2000.

Although, I'm not sure why they stopped that stat at 2000, that seems lazy. Washington DC has never seen the Capitals or Nationals (who only came to town in 2005) win a championship, the Redskins won in 1991 and the Wizards (then the Bullets) in 1978. In the Twin Cities meanwhile, the North Stars never won the Cup, the Timberwolves and Wild haven't been champs, the Vikings last won before the merger in 1969, and the Twins won twice in four years (1987 and 1991).

That stat hits harder when instead of 2000 you can say 1991 and add another 21 failed championship campaigns for DC and 23 for Minnesota. 0-85 and 0-87 respectively is pretty brutal. Sorry, I'm a bit of a stats nerd. :laugh::laugh:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
It would great to see Hertl become an x factor tomorrow night, he has been noticeable for mostly the wrong reasons so far this round.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Why does Selina Gomez need a revival tour? I didn't think she was that old.

Why does the SJ hometown forum talk about SCF and WCF? I didn't think Sharks defeated the Preds yet.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
He predicted the St Louis/Dallas series would end with a St Louis win in game 6 the other night too. And then in the most recent one where he ripped the Sharks, he said that he thinks they will win game 7 and that he's more confident in the Sharks winning game 7 than St Louis winning their game 7. He's been dead wrong on all of the one's that have already happened so far.

But at least he also said ''I'm not right on these things most of the time'' in the podcast that took place prior to game 6.

WTF does he know? Sharks actually won the 2nd round in game 5 but the refs decided that Sharks should not have won game 4 that way. I have no idea what rule book the refs were consulting that night.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
The Sharks or Preds are going to get rolled by the Blues. This is their year.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
The Sharks or Preds are going to get rolled by the Blues. This is their year.

So they'll end a long cup drought and their fans will become cocky and insufferable like the Kings. The Sharks will have the 4th longest cupless streak behind Buffalo, Vancouver, and Washington. At least it looks like Buffalo and Vancouver aren't winning anytime soon.

SJTeal

Definitely Ripster
Oct 21, 2013
San Jose
I honestly am pretty content with a potential St Louis WCF. I think we match up well with them. I mean, it took St. Louis 7 games to put away a Dallas team that has subpar goaltending. Two game 7s does take something out of you as well. I know LA went through three road game 7s in 2014, but they're a completely different beast.

I just want to get through Nashville first though. Let's not get too far into the predictions until its all set.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I honestly am pretty content with a potential St Louis WCF. I think we match up well with them. I mean, it took St. Louis 7 games to put away a Dallas team that has subpar goaltending. Two game 7s does take something out of you as well. I know LA went through three road game 7s in 2014, but they're a completely different beast.

I just want to get through Nashville first though. Let's not get too far into the predictions until its all set.

You're the only one here that wants that. The rest of us just want the draft to start. :sarcasm:

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
Sorry, I forgot. Totally excited to not have that first rounder this year. :yo::yo:

We have a first rounder this year. His name is Martin Jones, and he played a couple years sooner than expected for a goalie. Didn't have to go through years of AHL games and conditioning.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
We have a first rounder this year. His name is Martin Jones, and he played a couple years sooner than expected for a goalie. Didn't have to go through years of AHL games and conditioning.

And we already want to try out our newer draft pick James Reimer.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Not to get overly optimistic about tomorrow but the Blues will destroy us.

Then again, I am oblivious to what happened in the world of hockey in the last 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad