GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What happened in game one between the Canucks and Oilers this season? My memory's not what it used to be.
Never mind game one. Canucks outscored them 21-7 in the 4 games this year.
But apparently the Oilers weren’t really trying. 😆
Which is all to say I have no idea what to expect in game 1.

Last edited:

vanarchy

â €
May 3, 2013
I've been purposely ignoring the series thread as much as I can and it's been a vibe.

mature-man-holding-a-cocktail-and-gesturing-joy-on-a-sunny-beach-DY5Y41.jpg

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
The last game they reffed together with the Nucks was actually a decently reffed game (I started keeping track due to how bad it has been again this year). I gave them a +2 on my -3 to +3 scale and to have a + game is pretty rare. Means they didn't get in the way too much and didn't miss too much.
this isnt good for the oilers kozari hates the oilers, but love corey perry so there must be a morality conflict for him

without going into the excuse math ill coles notes it.........

oilers should have been up 7-0 in the season series

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
The media are others are over looking the fact or just forgetting the fact the Canucks went wire to wire in winning the division. Vancouver stays consistent for the entire year. Vancouver only scored 15 less goals than the oilers did this year.
Except they were 17-12-3 in the last 3 months....37pts in 32 games. 93 goals scored and 96 allowed.

Reactions: Summer Rose

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
The last game they reffed together with the Nucks was actually a decently reffed game (I started keeping track due to how bad it has been again this year). I gave them a +2 on my -3 to +3 scale and to have a + game is pretty rare. Means they didn't get in the way too much and didn't miss too much.
Well hopefully they’ll keep the 5 on 3s to single digits….

Except they were 17-12-3 in the last 3 months....37pts in 32 games. 93 goals scored and 96 allowed.
The last three months don’t count…..

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Which is all to say I have no idea what to expect in game 1.

We only met twice in playoff and we won both time 86 and 92.

Historical evidence is undeniable ;)

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a division winner so heavily underrated in the second round as the Vancouver Canucks before.
Probably, because Oilers is the better team, have a lot of playoff experience and the better top end players.

Against a team who struggled big time at a bubble team.

Playoffs is a new sport, regular is just a long transport for the teams supposed to go for a long run.

4-2 Oilers and no drama!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Probably, because Oilers is the better team, have a lot of playoff experience and the better top end players.

Against a team who struggled big time at a bubble team.

Playoffs is a new sport, regular is just a long transport for the teams supposed to go for a long run.

4-2 Oilers and no drama!
Agreed. I think you can throw the season sweep and Canucks outscoring them 21-7 and finishing 5 points up on them out the window. This Oilers team is a much better team than their record indicates.
Canucks in 6.
Captain’s skate starts a week earlier this summer.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a division winner so heavily underrated in the second round as the Vancouver Canucks before.
Probably because Demko is out, and Petterson is injured.

If MCDavid was out, and Drai injured, against a healthy Canucks team I don't think anyone would favour the oil.

Whatever, the 'nucks already won their season, getting to the second round. The oil have two more series to win or else the team gets blown up. That's rough, and just one more reason why I feel sorry for oil fans.

Eta: @Chairman Maouth , I tried to like your excellent post just now. Very well laid out. Playoff caliber posting that this forum needs more of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad