GDT: WCSF GM01 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Wed. May 8th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | In Arturs We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Make no mistake -The Oilers team wants to embarrass us badly for the 4-0 regular season. It's all they've been asked about all week from the media.

No idea how this game goes. They could cook us, we could watch tight hockey or it could end up a crazy brawl.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
giphy.gif

Done.
giphy.gif

Done.
giphy.gif

Done.
giphy.gif

Done.
giphy.gif

Done.
giphy.gif

Done.
giphy.gif

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Missed the guests name this morning on Halford and Brough during my commute but wholly Oiler homer glasses.

Talked about Soucy and Myers getting the McDavid assignment due to ice time and deployment against O'Reilly's line and how he didn't like that for the Canucks. Completely glossing over Hughes Hronek which was kinda funny.

Skeptical we have anything to match up against Draisaitl. Uhh Zadorov and the rest of our big D?

Then went a little player for player and mentioned Miller being a inferior player to Draisaitl then mentioned Bouchard being almost on par with Hughes offensively without mentioning the gap between everything else. Why would there be a gap between Draisaitl and Miller if that's your metric? The playoff experience was also a little misleading especially when the Oilers history is largely of failure and Perry is almost 40

Anyway just thought it was funny how little respect our team is getting. Would be so good to win game 1 and get these clowns second guessing themselves
Jason Gregor.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
To me the X factor here is Skinner. If he plays like that 1-0 game they won we could be in serious trouble. On the other hand, he probably cost them the only win LA got, so with our improved scoring that’s a weakness we might exploit. I’d be trying to get him moving side to side on the PP for sure.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The Oilers are a team where basically their entire strategy against quality teams is to try and saw off at ES and then dive/whine/cry/work the refs for a PP advantage and exploit that with their deadly PP. And it worked like a charm against LA.

Simply have to avoid taking penalties. And honestly, we don't really want PPs of our own either because every call in our favour will lead to the inevitable soft even-up call when someone pushes McBaby a little bit.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
To me the X factor here is Skinner. If he plays like that 1-0 game they won we could be in serious trouble. On the other hand, he probably cost them the only win LA got, so with our improved scoring that’s a weakness we might exploit. I’d be trying to get him moving side to side on the PP for sure.
What improved scoring? We have less goals in this playoffs and Pettersson is playing like a 13th forward

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
What're the odds of a nucks soft penalty in the first three mins of the game...?

Pls no sutherland this series (playoffs).

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The Oilers are a team where basically their entire strategy against quality teams is to try and saw off at ES and then dive/whine/cry/work the refs for a PP advantage and exploit that with their deadly PP. And it worked like a charm against LA.

Simply have to avoid taking penalties. And honestly, we don't really want PPs of our own either because every call in our favour will lead to the inevitable soft even-up call when someone pushes McBaby a little bit.

I'm so glad this is catching on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad