Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
The most fun I’ve had watching a game since the cup run. This team is taking years off my life but I love them.

Not a perfect game but might have been a perfect win in terms of series impact. A totally demoralizing loss for the coilers, it was imperative for us to get in their heads and start to create doubt right from the jump. Big psychological victory.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

I had to look back at the highlights once they came out, but to me it looks like the Canucks started focusing on Skinners glove side and his lateral movement.

3:40 - Joshua goal, Skinner is slow to move laterally. Glove side doesn't come into play here.

6:02 - Lindholm goal. Somewhat of a lucky bounce, but not very reactive out of Skinner.

7:02 - Miller goal. That glove side comes into play again.

7:55 - Zadorov goal. Glove side again, but the screen comes into play big there w/ 3 Oilers in Skinners field of vision.

8:45 - Garland goal. Fast off the left side and that glove side/lateral movement of Skinner comes into play.

Man, Boeser, in those last sequences, came up with some huge blocks. He's really elevated his game.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The contrast in comments by coaches and players between these two teams is crazy.

Oilers all saying they played well and it was even in the 2nd half. Canucks humble, talking about working as a team, giving each other credit for sticking with the plan.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Yeah. I'm not sure what I'm expected to see here. Either someone needs to post a definitive pic/vid, or this line of commentary needs to die.
So easy to ruin someone's character for what could be a misunderstanding.

I don't even understand how you make a 'racist handgesture' regarding a turban? Making a wrapping motion with your hand or something?

If it happened, it'll surface. Posting this BEFORE a video is even confirmed is ridiculous.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Man, Boeser, in those last sequences, came up with some huge blocks. He's really elevated his game.

He's been so good this playoffs. Strong along the boards, soft hands when making passes, sick ass shots, and back checking like a son of a bitch. Everything you want in a player.

I am so, so happy for BROCK BOESER aka our MVP of the playoffs so far.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Should listen to Tocchet's post game comments.

We have Tocchet.

Ottawa . . . has Travis Green.

I'm dead serious, it's true.

No, really, I'm not making it up like all my other posts. For real. Ottawa hired Travis Green.

Stop laughing! It's true! Google it!

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
The contrast in comments by coaches and players between these two teams is crazy.

Oilers all saying they played well and it was even in the 2nd half. Canucks humble, talking about working as a team, giving each other credit for sticking with the plan.

I love this iteration of the team.

Team first, to a man. f*** yeah!!!

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and Vector

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

It’s because there’s a culture of entitlement over there, which trickles down to their fans

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Yeah and he said that they let a team rep know about it, so hopefully something surfaces if true

Also mentioned there were plenty of witnesses

Just report it to the team and then post the video. Or share details about it if the team sees the video and takes action.

If it turns out it wasn't true or with video that it was an obvious misunderstanding, and this gets traction, that's a bitch move and this "Hockeystatsman" guy needs to get called out. If you're calling him out for a definitive 'racist hand gesture', you better be right.

Trying to rally a mob to destroy a guy before evidence comes out is nuts behaviour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad