Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM01 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-4 (Joshua, Lindholm, Miller, Zadorov, & Garland) | LET’S GOOOOOOO

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Be really interesting to see how Drai's health is on Friday. He was laboring in the back half of the game. If he is playing hurt, or misses a game or two, it really gives a chance to key in on McDavid (and Hyman).

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada

I had to look back at the highlights once they came out, but to me it looks like the Canucks started focusing on Skinners glove side and his lateral movement.

3:40 - Joshua goal, Skinner is slow to move laterally. Glove side doesn't come into play here.

6:02 - Lindholm goal. Somewhat of a lucky bounce, but not very reactive out of Skinner.

7:02 - Miller goal. That glove side comes into play again.

7:55 - Zadorov goal. Glove side again, but the screen comes into play big there w/ 3 Oilers in Skinners field of vision.

8:45 - Garland goal. Fast off the left side and that glove side/lateral movement of Skinner comes into play.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1715232368535.gif

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don’t really agree that Silovs was that bad. Hyman’s goal was a weird change up because his stick was checked before he fully released. He wasn’t trying to make that shot. And another goal deflected off Cole.

Silovs will be back in net imo.
Disagree. He was never comfortable in the crease tonight.

Was either deep in the crease or moving around too much- and just too erratic in net. Fortunately the team limited Edmontons shots because there were wide open looks on both corners.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

I had to look back at the highlights once they came out, but to me it looks like the Canucks started focusing on Skinners glove side and his lateral movement.

3:40 - Joshua goal, Skinner is slow to move laterally. Glove side doesn't come into play here.

6:02 - Lindholm goal. Somewhat of a lucky bounce, but not very reactive out of Skinner.

7:02 - Miller goal. That glove side comes into play again.

7:55 - Zadorov goal. Glove side again, but the screen comes into play big there w/ 3 Oilers in Skinners field of vision.

8:45 - Garland goal. Fast off the left side and that glove side/lateral movement of Skinner comes into play.

goals 1, 3, and 5 were all sharp angle shots from basically the goal line that he didn’t track

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Drai injured, McDavid 0 shots, Skinner playing worse than a third string who himself let in an awful goal, what did Kane even do other than lay a hit to Hughes?

We can absolutely take this series, the Oilers are a very vulnerable and one dimensional team.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Goaltending was poor both ways. Thank God for Skinner and pray Demko can come back or Silvos gets this one behind him and now settles in.

Good

Boeser - having an awesome playoff. Playing with great heart and getting things done

Garland - just a bulldog. Character plus player and great bang for the buck

Lindholm - starting to see the class. Lead the best line for the team. Could be a major factor in this series

Zadorov - thought him a little tentative early but a crucial goal after a real Canuck mediocre PP could have killed all momentum. Has become a good top 4 on this team and playing best in clutch situations.

Joshua - slow start but after first was great along the boards and good going to the net. Seems to make any line he is on, better.

Guiseppe - good on PK and solid forchecker - best of the 4th liners. Having a decent playoff to date.

Miller - had some hiccups moving the puck but huge goal (guess they were all huge) and a force in the third.

Hronek - to me, his best game of the playoffs. Played a great shut down role against some of the best players in the world. Had to cover for Hughes a lot early in the game

Needs to get more out of them

Pettersson - ok defensively but just not showing much skill offensively. I can't see him righting the ship this season. Has been off his game for too long. I wonder if he suits the Tocchet system.

Hughes - nothing too much to complain about but he is such a key to this team. You expect a lot and right now he is not really playing like he can. Was maybe the weakest d-man in his his zone (although Cole had his share of problems this game)

Lafferety - needs to make himself harder to play against. Might be hurt but second effort lacking at times.

Others

Mikheyev - nothing to get too excited about but thought it was his best playoff game to date. Was getting some chances and was good on the fore check and back check.

Cole - came on and was ok in the late going after a poor star ( think it was more Soucy fault on the early penalty)

Thought the comeback against Nashville was the Game of the Year but this is close. I gave up pretty much after the second but good that the team didn't. Great crowd tonite and maybe they were a factor in the comeback.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
I'm on the fence if we should go back to Silovs or give DeSmith a turn. Silovs keeps winning, but his performance tonight did not inspire confidence for the rest of the series against elite shooters like McDavid, Drai, and Hyman.

I think in a more typical game where the Oilers get 3 powerplays and 25+ shots he will easily let in 3 or 4 goals. That is a tall order to outscore every night. DeSmith played well against the Oilers this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad