GDT: [WCSF GAME 5] | Edmonton Oilers @ Anaheim Ducks | 5.05.17 | 8:30PM | SN | II

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
That hit on Russel was an unbelievable gutless play. The more you see it the worse it looks. Checks every box on the suspension list. If he doesn't get games for that ...
So mad that the refs saved Ritchie from his well deserved beating. :rant:

Agree completely .
I was yelling for 5 when it happened.
No play for the puck at all.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Well I'm just gonna go ahead and forget the first 20 minutes of tonight. :laugh:

lol agreed. Didn't look good after the first but that second lets me park it and go!
Ill give em 60 if they can keep it up and steal this one ☝️

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
HJOuRfm.png

Thank you.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I can't be the only one that noticed how much better the defense looked without Sekera though, right?

He's a veteran but he's been really shaky this series.

Oesterle, or even Gryba in, probably wouldn't be a huge downgrade.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
What a second period. I'm hoping they can close this off in the 3rd and win it at home! Thankfully they woke the **** up.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Over on the duck gdt they or offering to eat live crows if the ducks win....

I would rather see them eat a live duck ;)

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
That hit on Russel was an unbelievable gutless play. The more you see it the worse it looks. Checks every box on the suspension list. If he doesn't get games for that ...
So mad that the refs saved Ritchie from his well deserved beating. :rant:

Lol at Benning carrying somebody's stick halfway out to the blueline on the Caggiula goal. Ducks got screwed on that play bigtime.

Yes. It was completely predatory.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
"Well, if there's one thing I've learned is this team will play the complete opposite as the period before, so I'm guessing the entire team has Wolverine like healing ability and we absolutely dominate. I'm guessing we go up by at least two and our D can barely skate by the end but Talbot is the huge story in the win."

Looks like I called it in the first intermission. Who's Nostradamus now? ;-) Although ignore the back half of my post. That was when the ayahuasca was too powerful and I was talking crazy talk.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Ritchie is a liability and him being suspended actually hurts the Oilers more than it hurts the Ducks.
I get what you're saying, but Ritchie could have easily ended Russels's season right there. One cheap play can really hurt the Oilers.
All the better for the Ducks if its just a plug like Ritchie cause, as you point out, they don't lose anything in the transaction.
I wish Bieksa was still in this series.
True that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad