GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
You’re up one. Leave the whining about the refs for later fellas.

I heard that Oilers fans think Kozari is the one 'anti Oiler' ref after some incident with McDavid.

For whatever reason Sutherland is this for the Canucks, just seems to be horrible officiating everytime with him.

So I guess things will be even in that department after 2. Haha.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
To be fair I don’t think there’s a fanbase in the league that likes him.
From the Canucks point of view it’s less a worry about biased referring as I think that’s generally a myth that every fanbase feels there are refs that are out to get them.
It’s really more about not having a ton of penalties called as that favours the Oilers.
On the other hand, if the Canucks want to go far they need to get their PP going to at least narrow the Oiler advantage. Obviously it’s not going to be as good as that potent Oiler one but it has to be a lot better.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Edm would be crazy not to start Picard
Not a chance...he stunk in Game 2 against LA and came back and allowed 1 goal in Game 3 and 4

you gotta give him a chance to redeem himself

I heard that Oilers fans think Kozari is the one 'anti Oiler' ref after some incident with McDavid.

For whatever reason Sutherland is this for the Canucks, just seems to be horrible officiating everytime with him.

So I guess things will be even in that department after 2. Haha.
whats the story with Sutherland and the Nucks?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Not a chance...he stunk in Game 2 against LA and came back and allowed 1 goal in Game 3 and 4

you gotta give him a chance to redeem himself

whats the story with Sutherland and the Nucks?
1715360537164.jpeg

Just one incident, he grew up here, lots of rumours of him not wanting to come off as a homer, so he will call more penalties on us, again rumours, nothing verified, but the above incident was absolutely ridiculous.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
View attachment 868357

Just one incident, he grew up here, lots of rumours of him not wanting to come off as a homer, so he will call more penalties on us, again rumours, nothing verified, but the above incident was absolutely ridiculous.
Pretty much one of the most f***ed up stories I've ever heard.
Absolute scumbag of a ref.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
You’re up one. Leave the whining about the refs for later fellas.
Ah, that's your turf. Forgot :-P

It's not the reffing so much as this one ref, with which the Canucks have a very long history of being on the wrong end of some very suspect calls.

The Canucks have every reason to fear the Oiler PP. It can win a series on it's own.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Ah, that's your turf. Forgot :-P

It's not the reffing so much as this one ref, with which the Canucks have a very long history of being on the wrong end of some very suspect calls.

The Canucks have every reason to fear the Oiler PP. It can win a series on its own.
Is it though?

It’s your fans that have been whining about refs before game 1 even started.

Now, somehow while having the power play advantage and being up 1-0 in the series, they’re whining again?

Seems like it’s your turf.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
He also called like 4 or 5 straight penalties against the Canucks in their first round series against the Sharks in an elimination game. The Canucks were not winning that series but it was ridiculous to watch in real time.
That's one of the games that tipped my antipathy towards Pavelski into high gear. If that's actually possible.

Pavelski was one of the best guys in the league at remaining on his skates in traffic when fighting for the puck. He was a beast. Yet, standing in front of the net, he'd pitch forward onto the ice under that most minor of contact and Sutherland called foul on the Canucks repeatedly for this play, which only encouraged Pavelski to do it more often. It was absurd and it worked.

I'm sure the Oilers and every other fan base feels they also get the short end of the stick when it comes to officiating, and it's probably true, because the officiating seems to have no standards when it comes to their own rules.

Reactions: Summer Rose and God

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
That's one of the games that tipped my antipathy towards Pavelski into high gear. If that's actually possible.

Pavelski was one of the best guys in the league at remaining on his skates in traffic when fighting for the puck. He was a beast. Yet, standing in front of the net, he'd pitch forward onto the ice under that most minor of contact and Sutherland called foul on the Canucks repeatedly for this play, which only encouraged Pavelski to do it more often. It was absurd and it worked.

I'm sure the Oilers and every other fan base feels they also get the short end of the stick when it comes to officiating, and it's probably true, because the officiating seems to have no standards when it comes to their own rules.

If there's some good that came from it, Pavelski is basically the reason they review the major penalties now. You still just flip a coin on whether it will be called correctly, but it's progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad