GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks have to come out much better tonight to start. Pretty much everything that could go wrong did. Too many men penalty 40 seconds into the game, brain dead defensive plays by Ian Cole, missed grade A scoring chances and weak goaltending by Silovs.
Vancouver needs a much better start as I expect the Oilers to come out strong.
The team needs to bring their A game right from the start.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Are both Drai and Henrique out this game? Without Leon the Oilers will be in a tough position to win, they have to hope that Skinner shows up to play like an NHLer. I fully expect the Canucks to come out flying and try to get to Skinner early. If Leon is out, they know this is their best chance to put the Oilers on their heels and not let this game get away. This will be a different beast in Edmonton.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Are both Drai and Henrique out this game? Without Leon the Oilers will be in a tough position to win, they have to hope that Skinner shows up to play like an NHLer. I fully expect the Canucks to come out flying and try to get to Skinner early. If Leon is out, they know this is their best chance to put the Oilers on their heels and not let this game get away. This will be a different beast in Edmonton.
Drai will most likely play. He’s a warrior but you have to wonder how banged up he will be

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
WOOOO! D Day 2.0

Really looking forward to @Summer Rose looking forward to this game

3OZ-2.jpg

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Curious when they'll release the lineups for tonight.

I updated the OP with the Oilers lines from yesterday's practice. Draisaitl was absent and Gagner practiced in his spot but it's expected that Draisaitl plays. Henrique was at practice but didn't participate in line rushes and spent quite a bit of time on the bench talking to trainers. As of right now, he's not expected to play.

Canucks lines will probably be unchanged. Other than goaltending and one defensive swap due to sickness, there hasn't been a single change to the roster or lines throughout the entire playoffs. Goaltending is much more up in the air. Canucks have an optional practice today at 10:30 PST and we usually find out the starting goalie shortly afterwards. Specific lines won't be 100% known until the pre-game skate.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thought Pettersson and his line had a good game 1 against the Oilers. Obviously when you hold a team to 5 shots over the last 40 minutes every line is doing their job. If Mikheyev had any scoring ability EP probably has a couple of points that game.
With his line playing well that lets the third line of Lindholm, Garland and Joshua take advantage of the mismatch with the Oilers 3rd line and the Nurse-Ceci pairing.
The Pettersson line is going to be key going forward as you can’t expect the Miller line to completely shut down McDavid again. He’s going to have more impact as the series goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad