GDT: WCSF - Game 1 - Winnipeg at Nashville - 7:00 PM Central - NBCSN, CBC, SN360, TVAS - Series Tied 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Preds are playing like garbage out there. Possession doesn't mean shit if we're just flinging it on net through 6 guys from 40 feet out. Second line has also been abysmal giving over the puck on all three goals as its taken in the other way and scored. Lavi should just bench them for being completely useless this playoffs so far. They had a bad case of the suck last series too.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The guys are forcing plays. If Forsberg had slowed down a second more to focus to take that shot think he would have scored. Instead he rushed to get it off quickly and banged it off the net when he had a wide open net. Our guys need to relax.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
You can't blame Rinne for the 1st 2 goals. The last one was a great shot that Rinne may have got but you can't win if you don't score any goals.

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
Tremendous amount of puck luck and puck un-luck from where I’m sitting.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The last 5 periods at home we have 81 shots.

We have allowed 43 shots.

+38

Yet outscored 5-1

And the only goal we have is a deflection off a skate- have not really scored a legitimate goal in 5 periods

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You can't blame Rinne for the 1st 2 goals. The last one was a great shot that Rinne may have got but you can't win if you don't score any goals.
100% correct- I’m not blaming Rinne for this-

And despite the 36 saves I don’t even think Hellebuyck has been super great- we just cannot score- to me it’s more on us tonight than being stoned by a hot goalie

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I hate this Jets team. They are dirty and purposely take out our top guys that are hot or scoring lately. First it was Jarnkrok and now Watson. We need to take out their top scoring players or their players that are playing hot.

Reactions: literally no one

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Work so hard for home ice and just like that it’s gone.

This is the one downside to home ice- game 1 is much more important and so much more pressure on the home team. Losing game 1 on road is no big deal- but if you lose it at home it’s a HUGE deal.

Don’t even want to think about how much pressure will be on us Sunday

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I know its probably not popular but I just can't be mad. The guys are pretty much playing their game and controlling play. Some times it's just not your night no matter what you do. Nothing even on great chances, they have shot bounce around and they manage to get it in.

There is a reason they say winning the Cup takes more than just a good team, it takes some luck to go along with it.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I hate this Jets team. They are dirty and purposely take out our top guys that are hot or scoring lately. First it was Jarnkrok and now Watson. We need to take out their top scoring players or their players that are playing hot.

Watson was already injured. He didn't practice for 2 days. I don't think the jets did anything to him.

Reactions: stranger

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It’s not about blaming Rinne. Simply pointing out that Hellebuyck is at a completely different level right now.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I know its probably not popular but I just can't be mad. The guys are pretty much playing their game and controlling play. Some times it's just not your night no matter what you do. Nothing even on great chances, they have shot bounce around and they manage to get it in.

There is a reason they say winning the Cup takes more than just a good team, it takes some luck to go along with it.

I can't be mad either. It isn't for a lack of effort. We just can't buy a goal at the moment. Playing with 11 forwards as well with Watson out.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
the first 2 rounds. and yes he was but since then no. we totally outmatched the blues. he was stellar in one series against the hawks.
If your expectations of a goalie is to win series 4-0 and have 2 shutouts, you're a hard guy to please.

But yes, Hellebuyck has been better. Jet also had the 2 cleanest rebounds to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad