• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Btw, I was at the game last night and I can say that Vegas easily has the NHL’s worst fans.
Ah so you've gone to every team's arena then? Is fanbase bashing really necessary?

Well here's my observation. In ten years of posting here I've never seen a fanbase complain about reffing more than San Jose fans.

Fun stuff.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Ah so you've gone to every team's arena then? Is fanbase bashing really necessary?

Well here's my observation. In ten years of posting here I've never seen a fanbase complain about reffing more than San Jose fans.

Fun stuff.
Vegas fans booed the call when Hertl was cross checked in the face...

Reactions: Phu

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Fun stuff.

Yes, because Vegas fans tried to attack me and my dad. So it confirms what I’ve seen on these forums and yes, I have been to games in other arenas and it was nowhere near that level.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Bad eggs are not representative of the whole.

But there have literally been no other bad eggs anywhere I’ve gone.

Genuinely curious about this. Is this about hockey knowledge, or the way you were treated? I'm a STH and generally think we have a very inviting fanbase for visiting fans (it's not unusual to have 30% or even more road fans during the regular season) and have had many positive interactions with visiting fans who have enjoyed themselves.

As far as hockey knowledge is concerned, there is this misconception that because we are a new team that people here are new to hockey. There are definitely some new fans (although there's nothing wrong with that) but I would say that a vast majority of our population are transplants from cold weather cities who have been following hockey for a long time.

100% the way I was treated, I understand the fan base as a whole knows very little about hockey, and that isn’t something that I really care about.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But there have literally been no other bad eggs anywhere I’ve gone.

100% the way I was treated, I understand the fan base as a whole knows very little about hockey, and that isn’t something that I really care about.
Well I'm sorry to hear you were attacked. I don't know how. But that doesn't really matter. I would think most Vegas fans would find that despicable. I saw Vegas fans all over Twitter getting angry over the fans who threw stuff to the ice. So sure maybe we've got a handful of the shittiest fans out there but that doesn't make the rest of the people who go to that arena scumbags.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What is the point you're attempting to make with all of this?
I just find it odd that your response to the claim that your fanbase is especially vocal about officiating here is that Vegas booed a penalty call...something all 31 fanbases have done, including yours in this very series. I'm not exactly sure what your point was.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Have you been to a game in Philly or Boston? Vegas fans are probably child's play compared to them.
Well I didn't want to call any fanbases out but yeah. Fans attacking other fans isn't exclusive to Vegas. I wish the ones that did hadn't done that, but I certainly don't think it's cause to label all 18000 + people in that building as the worst fans in the league cause of a few assholes.

I also don't think gravitating around whether a fanbase is good or not is conducive to any productive discussion, but here we are.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I just find it odd that your response to the claim that your fanbase is especially vocal about officiating here is that Vegas booed a penalty call...something all 31 fanbases have done, including yours in this very series. I'm not exactly sure what your point was.
That Vegas fans booed a play where a Shark was crosschecked in the face. It wasn't some run of the mill hook or hold.

You want to generalize our fanbase without specifics but want to brush off blatant ignorance from yours.

I wish DeBoer and some of the players would bitch and cry to the media about the reffing like Marchessault and Gallant did.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Well I didn't want to call any fanbases out but yeah. Fans attacking other fans isn't exclusive to Vegas. I wish the ones that did hadn't done that, but I certainly don't think it's cause to label all 18000 + people in that building as the worst fans in the league cause of a few *******s.

I also don't think gravitating around whether a fanbase is good or not is conducive to any productive discussion, but here we are.

Agreed on this. Most arenas seat 18 k plus. There's always going to be a few knuckleheads.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That Vegas fans booed a play where a Shark was crosschecked in the face. It wasn't some run of the mill hook or hold.

You want to generalize our fanbase without specifics but want to brush off blatant ignorance from yours.
My preference is that Knights fans would've been more attentive to what actually happened but come on. Fans of all colors will boo even penalties where the victim gets injured.

And I wouldn't have generalized a goddamn thing if JTR didn't come here with the sweeping generalization that all Knights fans are the worst.

If your fanbase is gonna throw stones you shouldn't be surprised when stones get thrown back.

Reactions: hangman005

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Unless those Vegas fans are Boston and Philly transplants.

Who knows. I know that there were a few Charlottetown fans cheering like crazy when their team beat the Mooseheads in OT of game 1. Next thing I know...they had beers poured over them and were spit on.

Sometimes, a few fans can have too much to drink. Or they get so invested into their teams that they lose perspective. I'm not saying it's right. It isn't. I just "think" that's what can happen.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
My preference is that Knights fans would've been more attentive to what actually happened but come on. Fans of all colors will boo even penalties where the victim gets injured.

And I wouldn't have generalized a goddamn thing if JTR didn't come here with the sweeping generalization that all Knights fans are the worst.

If your fanbase is gonna throw stones you shouldn't be surprised when stones get thrown back.
His personal experience was unique. He obviously is emotional about it. I had a good experience on 3/31 in Vegas, but then again it wasn't a playoff game and while I'm not the tallest guy, I have an athletic build.

Playoffs bring the best and worst in fans. I got hit in the back with a coin exiting staples one year. Some drunks even talked and insinuated they wanted to fight with me, which I was willing but luckily (for them) their friends or girls pulled them away.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don’t think you’ve ever met a Ducks fan, oh wait, you used to be one...hi pot, meet kettle.

Fun stuff.

That's a whole other double standard I'm not gonna get into but I think I've shown my point that shifting focus away from the hockey onto fanbases isn't conducive to a goddamn thing.
His personal experience was unique. He obviously is emotional about it. I had a good experience on 3/31 in Vegas, but then again it wasn't a playoff game and while I'm not the tallest guy, I have an athletic build.

Playoffs bring the best and worst in fans. I got hit in the back with a coin exiting staples one year. Some drunks even talked and insinuated they wanted to fight with me, which I was willing but luckily (for them) their friends or girls pulled them away.
Yeah I mean rowdy fans isn't exclusive to one fanbase. I understand he's upset. But it does nothing productive to the discussion at hand to levy out a blanket indictment of an entire fanbase cause of the bad acts of a few bad eggs.

Why should I be complicit and responsible for someone else's poor judgment just because I support the same team?

In truth, Sharks fans in general are a fanbase I respect. You guys have great passion for your team and I can always respect that. I can't respect smearing shit all over an entire fanbase for one person's isolated bad experience.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
That's a whole other double standard I'm not gonna get into but I think I've shown my point that shifting focus away from the hockey onto fanbases isn't conducive to a goddamn thing.

Yeah I mean rowdy fans isn't exclusive to one fanbase. I understand he's upset. But it does nothing productive to the discussion at hand to levy out a blanket indictment of an entire fanbase cause of the bad acts of a few bad eggs.

Why should I be complicit and responsible for someone else's poor judgment just because I support the same team?

In truth, Sharks fans in general are a fanbase I respect. You guys have great passion for your team and I can always respect that. I can't respect smearing **** all over an entire fanbase for one person's isolated bad experience.

If you understood the sharks history of being on the short end of some very back breaking calls, not just penalties but goal/no goal calls you’d understand why we complain about officiating as much as we do.

In fairness to you on your fan base, I bet the locals that go to the game for the most part are good people but the fact that sin city attracts a lot of tourists who just want to get drunk and pretend to be fans just to start shit with visiting fans puts your fan base in a negative light. I’ve had a few friends who are panthers and preds fans go to Vegas for a game and get the same treatment as JTR and his dad. Heckling is fine but threats and throwing shit at other people like my friends had done to them is another.

Reactions: HanSolo and Phu

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If you understood the sharks history of being on the short end of some very back breaking calls, not just penalties but goal/no goal calls you’d understand why we complain about officiating as much as we do.

In fairness to you on your fan base, I bet the locals that go to the game for the most part are good people but the fact that sin city attracts a lot of tourists who just want to get drunk and pretend to be fans just to start **** with visiting fans puts your fan base in a negative light. I’ve had a few friends who are panthers and preds fans go to Vegas for a game and get the same treatment as JTR and his dad. Heckling is fine but threats and throwing **** at other people like my friends had done to them is another.
I'm not excusing that behavior one bit.

Reactions: WSS11

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Do you think the problem with perceiving Vancouver and San Jose as rivals is that they haven’t really ever been in the same place at the same time?

They each have administered a severe *****slapping to the other team once in the playoffs. And both have long streaks of regular season success vs the other. Tjey never seem to alternate wins. It’s like you know who will prevail depending on who is currently up or down.
That is a possibility. In fact, that may be a very good reason. I have nothing but respect for the Sedins, they have been incredible to watch, but I feel like post-Lu Canucks just never had an identity of what to watch for, but then again I only watch them at most 10x a season. Horvat has been a relatively big pain in the ass and it looks like Markstrom is a damn good goalie, and that is all that I can think of.

Obviously, with Boeser...that may change things A LOT.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Sens have only won six series since the lockout, meanwhile we've won 12. Please continue.

Also, you guys won the division in 98-99, got SWEPT by the underdog
Finished first in the division in 00-01, got SWEPT by the under dog
05-06, first in the division, only won 5 games

Your overall playoff series record: 11-16
Ours 17-19

If SJ is "one of the biggest playoff choking teams in history," what are the Sens?

Why are you bringing up the Sens in a Sharks vs Knights thread..?

And you telling me the series wins is only proving my point. Sharks are a team that can not get over the hump and this year will be no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad