WCSF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (2) Winnipeg Jets | Jets Lead Series 3-2

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Best road team vs the best home team.

Immovable object meets the unstoppable force!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If it were the old system they still would have met in the second round.

Not true.

Seeds would have been

1 NSH
2VGK
3 WPG
4 MIN
5 ANA
6 SJS
7 LAK
8 COL

Assuming NSH VGK & WPG all advanced we would have had a Jets Knights series. NSH would have played the winner of ANA MIN

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
As a Jets fan, I’m just glad that I’ve got a team that’s playing someone. For 15 years that seemed like it would never be happening again. It’s a 50-50 matchup that skews a bit yellow due to home-ice advantage which we don’t get in this early round despite being the #2 team in the entire league. Anyway let’s hope for a great series and that nobody gets hurt, especially us Jets fans.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
All right, look. Things are going to get emotional. I get it, and I'm plenty guilty of it myself. But when I have to remove nearly 50 posts that weren't about the games and were about the crowds or the fan bases or whatever other petty nonsense was keeping this thread from being about hockey discussion something is wrong. We are looking at a series with the potential of being the best of the year, possibly even a classic series, and we're talking about chants and playing banjos? Something's wrong with that.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
It’s going to be a great series. Too bad it’s the 2nd round but I can easily see it going 7

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Best road team vs the best home team.

Immovable object meets the unstoppable force!
planets-exploding-animation-s.gif

The Winnipeg Jets Will Come Out On Top!
tumblr_mur3lznFsF1si7prno1_400.gif

Go :jets Go

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Not true.

Seeds would have been

1 NSH
2VGK
3 WPG
4 MIN
5 ANA
6 SJS
7 LAK
8 COL

Assuming NSH VGK & WPG all advanced we would have had a Jets Knights series. NSH would have played the winner of ANA MIN

why would Vegas be 2nd when the jets are 2nd?

Reactions: Jets2point0

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As a fan of a team in the Central, I watched like majority of the season games between these teams and it was some of the best and closest hockey I have seen. I am expecting a hard physical, close, and a lot of OTs in this series. I think Nashville is a team of destiny and got them in 7 games, I think their defencive core is a tad deeper and better, but I wouldn't be shocked if Jets were able to squeeze out a win either.

These are the two best and most passionate fanbases in the entire NHL, would not be surprised if there were death threats somewhere in this series (semi-joking :laugh::laugh::laugh:).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Regardless of the sniping in here, this is a series both fanbases should be worried about IMO.

Either team can win it, but it might take so much out of your team that the 3rd round is a tough slog.

Hoping for the Jets to win.
Probably biased, but I think Avs pushed the Predators into adversity where they needed to overcome much more than the Wild did to the Jets, which was almost like a cakewalk. Because of that, I think Predators will be better prepared to handle when the game isn't going their way much more than the Jets.

Last edited:
Reactions: pkshowban

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I think health is going to be huge in this series.
Nashville was one of the healthier teams all year, and the Jets one of the most injured.

Jets fans, are Perreault, Ehlers and Enstrom expected in for game one? I assume Kulikov is not going to be a factor in this series.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Winnipeg is the greatest team ever totally loaded Predators are devoid of talent, all lucky bounces and have no chance vs a team that would not even break a sweat vs the 1984 Oilers or Canada’s 2002 Olympic team. This will be an easy sweep for the Jets.
Game 1 9-0
Game 2 13-0
Game 3 10-0
Game 4 12-0

Someone must not have liked the predictions in this thread? Don't stress out Gnash just enjoy a good series :laugh:

Scoreburn

Jul 13, 2011
Not true.

Seeds would have been

1 NSH
2VGK
3 WPG
4 MIN
5 ANA
6 SJS
7 LAK
8 COL

Well technically, under the old system the Jets could have been 1st, 2nd, or 4th in the west or 1st in the east depending on how realignment shook out if they kept 6 divisions instead of going to 4.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Expecting this to likely be the best series of the entire 2018 playoffs. And now, having said that, along with the vast majority of those in this thread... one of the teams probably ends up sweeping the other in 4 games that aren't even close. :laugh:

This format does suck. The 1 and 2 should never have to play in the 2nd round.

Go Preds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad