• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This is going to be an amazing series.

I have no prediction and nothing to add that isn't extremely homerish in nature.

I will say this though....I am preparing by staring at an image of PK Subban screaming "f*** YOU f*** YOU f*** YOU f*** YOU"

RonJon

May 18, 2011
The one factor everyone is missing is "The Curse of the Presidents Trophy" :naughty:

Beware of the Curse:eek:

Gonna be a gooder......lets all play nice in the sandbox.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Not enough stats for a dragonball.

Besides its 3 stars which represent the regions of Tennessee, West, Middle, and East. The State Flag of Tennessee also has the same 3 stars.

I mean it beats what looks like an American built F-16 on the front of a Canadian teams sweater ;)
TNSE was going to go with the F-35 but that didn't fly.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
Jets are underdogs and Preds with the HUGE pressure to return to where they were last year

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Prepare yourselves Jets fans, more than a few embellishers on that Preds roster. Led by Elite All-Star Diver and Embellisher Extrodinaire PK Subban.

Their 3rd line is pretty legit though, no real complaints there, they play hard and the right way.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Oooh Boy.

This is the one I was looking forward to... Well this and the Bolts Bruins, so here's hoping the Bruins can close it out tonite.

Jets have a pretty clear advantage on offence, Preds on defence.
Goaltending may be a wash, but Rinne is more seasoned, so slight edge Preds.
The Jets are 13-2 in their last 15 games going back to the regular season, Nashville is 9-6-1 in their last 16. I know regular season doesn't matter, but you have to say the Jets have been white hot of late.

Special teams are a wash, Winnipeg with the slightly better power play, the Preds with a slightly better PK.

Hopefully both teams are healthy, I think the Jets should be close with the exception of Kulikov and maybe Perreault.
This one is a pick em. If the Jets keep up their play of late, I like their chances.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
The Jets have lost 2 of their last 15 games.
I don't think their fans' confidence is related to how loud their building is.

Jets fans have been saying this loud stuff for years. Like last time when hockey returned to Manitoba and the playoffs versus the Ducks was going to be the loudest building hockey had ever witnessed. Amounted to a sweep. Awesome cool story but mostly nobody cares.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Jets fans have been saying this loud stuff for years. Like last time when hockey returned to Manitoba and the playoffs versus the Ducks was going to be the loudest building hockey had ever witnessed. Amounted to a sweep. Awesome cool story but mostly nobody cares.

Meh, I could care less about how loud it is.
Their team is playing some fantastic hockey. Preds are not an easy out by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the way the Jets have been playing lately.

Reactions: Capathetic

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I’m def not a Preds fan. I just think they’re going to the finals with that roster and home ice advantage.

This won’t be easy like the mild. Preds are fast and full of talent at all positions.

Roster comparison is definitely interesting. The Jets are more talented at forward IMO and I don't think its particularly close. No doubt that Preds blue line is a beauty though.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
In general:

The Mustard Tigers have the better defense, The Jets have the better forward group.

It should come down to Goaltending.

The trash talk in this thread is so petty and lame, from both sides...

I love it.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Isn't that what they chant when Empty Net lets in a goal? Man that must make Empty feel real sad :sarcasm:
My favourite is them chanting it at Bernier after the Avs score almost immefiately in response.

So weird. It is just a weird chant in general. I guess every goal is also "all Rinne's fault".

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
In general:

The Mustard Tigers have the better defense, The Jets have the better forward group.

It should come down to Goaltending.

The trash talk in this thread is so petty and lame, from both sides...

I love it.

It's playoff hockey enjoy the friendly banter from each side! If already annoyed then how are gonna people last this series?

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really think this series could go either way. The Preds having home ice could be huge. It seems like the Jets don't play well in Nashville.

For the Jets, I think getting a split with games 1 and 2 would be a good start.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Western Conference Final in the 2nd round.. thanks NHL
I may be late to the Vegas [MOD], but I'd say they could come out on the winning end against either of these two teams. I would still do away with this ridiculous format, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad