WCSF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (2) Winnipeg Jets | Jets Lead Series 3-2

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I’ve got Preds in 6 or 7. They didn’t blow us out like some thought they would, but that’s cause we’re a tougher match up for them stylistically than a fellow heavy team like Winnipeg.

The Jets do have great team speed though. They can play any way they want to.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Re-watching the highlights of Nashville-Colorado, I'm amazed by how much Colorado was either running around chaotically or turning it over. Didn't seem like Nashville beat them as much as they beat themselves, although I know Colorado is bad defensively.

Nashville is going to have to work a lot harder for their goals this series

Reactions: AvsWraith

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This will be an interesting series. I will say this. Buff was an absolute monster in the Wild series. Clean, but devastating hits. Even Koivu and Greenway got clocked, not just little guys. Preds better be ready.

Reactions: Saintb

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
In my mind, this series will be the "Stanley Cup final." Thanks to this amazing playoff format, we have NHL's two best teams playing against eachother on round two.

That's a lot of confidence given that there's a Pacific team still in the mix that has winning records against both the Preds and the Jets.

Reactions: 278 others

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Jets have better forwards, Preds have better defense, goaltending is pretty even as I see it. I think Preds experience from last year and home ice gives them the advantage.
However, as much as my head says Preds in 7, I'm going with Jets in 7.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Nashville is going to have to work a lot harder for their goals this series

11/20 - Preds 5 Jets 3
12/19 - Jets 6 Preds 4
2/27 - Preds 6 Jets 5
3/13 - Preds 3 Jets 1
3/25 Jets 5 Preds 4 SO

We averaged 4.4 GPG against the Jets

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
In my mind, this series will be the "Stanley Cup final." Thanks to this amazing playoff format, we have NHL's two best teams playing against eachother on round two.

The "real Stanley Cup Final" is going to be the Stanley Cup Final.

And to be clear, I'm not saying this as a snarky, matter of fact statement like the patented "oh, GM X is looking to make a hockey trade? I thought they were going to make a basketball trade!"; I can understand the merit of calling a series "real Cup Final", and that moniker probably applied to PIT-WSH in 2016 and 2017. But I think in this case, whatever team makes it out of the Atlantic, and whatever team makes it out of the Central, are clearly the two strongest teams in the NHL; I don't think there is much of a decided advantage for either one of those teams. The Stanley Cup Final will be the ultimate showdown between the best of the best in both conferences.

Reactions: cgf

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
11/20 - Preds 5 Jets 3
12/19 - Jets 6 Preds 4
2/27 - Preds 6 Jets 5
3/13 - Preds 3 Jets 1
3/25 Jets 5 Preds 4 SO

We averaged 4.4 GPG against the Jets

I wouldn't put too much stock in those regular season games. The Jets had a ton of injuries.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
I chose Nashville in 5. I think that Hellebyuck and Schiefele get injured in game 1 and then the preds just destroy us.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I wouldn't put too much stock in those regular season games. The Jets had a ton of injuries.

I wouldn’t put much stock in regular season game results where players were injured, rested or whatever reasons.....playoffs are totally different and no one will be rested or sat b/c there is nothing to gain from it. It’s now all or nothing.

Look for closely contended games, I see multi single goal games in this series.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I wasn't able to watch much of the Jets in the regular season but I always made an effort to watch the Jets vs Nashville games.

The vibe I got from those games especially from the more recent games was of a high intensity almost playoff type atmosphere.

Now we get to see these two teams go against eachother in the playoffs and I cannot wait to see if they can bring up the intensity even more now that they are playing on hockey's biggest stage.

I can only ask that no matter the winner, that this series does not disappoint. That this series lives up to the hype of being a Winnipeg vs Nashville NHL Playoff series.

PS: Make us proud boys! GO JETS GO!
I agree about the intensity. These two teams have been circling each other all year long. And now, it's on.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
And if Nashville smashes them in game 1 & 2 I see them snagging one of the games in Winnipeg before the Jets really put their balls on the table when facing elimination. And though I think that gets the just a second or even third win, Nashville is just too good & experienced not to take one of three & move on to face the Golden Knights/Sharks winner.

Good luck doing that against Buff, Chariot, Lowry, Morrow, Trouba, Wheeler, Scheifele, Tanev....

Jet can succeed playing the heavy game, speed game or skilled game.

This series will come down to goaltending. Which ever team gets the better goaltending will win.

Reactions: Jets2point0

eliasjx

Apr 23, 2018
Vancouver
Should be a good, hard fought series but Im taking Preds in 7. Better defense, better goaltending. Only outmatched by Jets' offense.

Also.. should be fun to see the two cringiest fanbases in the NHL face off.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
ScaryShadyAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

its going to be brutal
its going to be bloody
and its going to be Glorious!!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Jets do have great team speed though. They can play any way they want to.

I didn't mean to say the Jets are a slow SoCal-style team, but the game they usually play is a lot heavier than ours...which is just all speed & tenacity, all the time. So the jets have the speed to get on the Preds and cause chaos, but I don't think stylistically it'll be as much of a nuisance as our speed was.

...granted their much better depth (and goaltending) than ours should be more than a nuisance lol
Good luck doing that against Buff, Chariot, Lowry, Morrow, Trouba, Wheeler, Scheifele, Tanev....

Jet can succeed playing the heavy game, speed game or skilled game.

This series will come down to goaltending. Which ever team gets the better goaltending will win.

I meant on the scoreboard, not on the hits reel. "If Nashville beats them decisively in the first 2, I suspect they'll snag one of the next two as well..."

Last edited:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I love the trash talk. But I'm too nice to take part :laugh:

Hey Nashville: your jerseys are actually yellow and not gold.

:laugh:

Anyways, it will probably take one road win to clinch this series.

Me too. I really like Nashville and most of the posters.

Something happened to @Gnashville to make him grumpy. But I still like him.

Really excited for this series. Will be great. So nervous. Hoping we aren't swept, took Nash in 6 but am clearly hoping for better results.

Reactions: preds1

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Can go either way, but I put my money on Preds. Goaltending (slight edge) and defense.

No, not any actual money. But if I had some I could.. maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad