GDT: WCS Game #7 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:00 PM EST | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The Hawks tied up a Wings player and used the resulting open ice to score. It's absolutely the right call.

If the ref is making a call there, I'm not sure why Quincey is sent off, too. At the same time, Quincey took himself out of the play to make that hit, and if Walkom hadn't called anything, I wouldn't have blamed him for it. Doesn't matter now, though.

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Not that I intend to look for scapegoats right after the fact, but Franzen and Filppula have been more transparent than Kevin Bacon in Hollow Man throughout these playoffs. Filppula has been invisible for the majority of this season.

The idea of moving one or both for assets/picks should be seriously considered this offseason.

That aside, dropping a 3-1 series lead is on the players, probably the coaches as well. You have to be able to finish when the opportunity presents itself, and as far as opportunities go it doesn't get much better than that.

Chris23JP

May 26, 2008
Michigan
While they did take it to 7 it still is pretty depressing.

Up 3-1 in the series and lose 3 straight. That shouldn't happen.

Just hope we can get some more talent on this team next year and are youngsters will be better. Need another goal scorer on this team.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Nice season, horrible way to end it, but have to be pleased overall. Feels so gut-wrenching, hard to believe there are Red Wing fans wanting this outcome in order to move down a few measly spots in the draft.

crashman

All you people blaming kronwall need to wake up, they wouldn't be there without him.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
Team doesn't have enough finishers... Datsyuk was a ghost tonight. Just look at the line combos and I don't really know who is suppose to score.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
One hell of a season

tumblr_lvindqFkn11r76lino1_400.jpg

Pretty much this. We have a bright future. Good on us even though we had a 3-1 lead.

Also Pavel was clearly hurt too.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Oilers fan here.

Keep your heads up. 22 or whatever straight seasons, everyone counted you out and you guys did better than everyone thought and integrated your young guns fairly well. Nyquist is a beauty.

Also, is this season a sign that Z is finally back?

THW

Mar 6, 2008
Lets see what injuries we had and if we can get rid of some of the older guys we didnt use to upgrade with some scoring and grit for next year.

jz68

Feb 13, 2013
****ing unreal.

This team pissed away a 3-1 series lead

****ing disgusting.

We were the 8 seed and beat the President's Trophy winner 3 in a row. Why is it so surprising that they could do the same?

Damn good show, Wings.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
It's tough. On the outset, I had thought we'd lose in 5-6 games. But when we had that 3-1 lead, my expectations rose. We shouldn't have lost this series from that vantage point, and it hurts to see. Datsyuk was completely invisible the last several games. I wasn't as mad as I was at the end of game 6, but it still stings. We need more top 6 players. Also, Keith, Toews, Kane, and Shaw can all **** themselves. Worse case scenario is that this playoff surge causes Kenny to only justify his inability to do anything this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad