GDT: WCQR | Game 2 | "Please Show Up" | Blackhawks @ Oilers | 8.3.20 | 8:30PM | SN/NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(Chicago leads series 1-0)

Game Day: Monday, August 3rd, 2020
Game Time: 8:30PM
Broadcast: Sportsnet, NBCSN

- - - - -

:hawks

Dominik Kubalik - Jonathan Toews - Brandon Saad
Alex Nylander - Dylan Strome - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Kirby Dach - John Quenneville
Matthew Highmore - David Kampf - Ryan Carpenter

Duncan Keith - Adam Boqvist
Calvin DeHaan - Connor Murphy
Olli Maatta - Slater Koekkoek

Corey Crawford

- - - - -

:edmonton

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Connor McDavid - Josh Archibald
Tyler Ennis - Leon Draisaitl - Kailer Yamamoto
Andreas Athanasiou - Riley Sheahan - Zack Kassian
James Neal - Jujhar Khaira - Alex Chiasson

Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Darnell Nurse - Ethan Bear
Kris Russell - Matt Benning

Mikko Koskinen

- - - - -

dQBvwDc.jpg

Last edited:

Svane

Jul 5, 2020
Need everyone from top to bottom simply to perform much better than they did. Enough said, let's forget the last game and spank the Hawks.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Just win the game, have focus on ice and play as a team not bunch of individuals like Saturday and we are much much better.

Please someone insert that "Oilers take my energy" thing here, I assume they now need some.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If they're going to keep the McNuge combo going, the least Tipp could do is swap around the "3rd wheel" wingers.

Neal is your best winger at finding and capitalizing from soft areas in coverage; a good fit from the puck control style of McDavid and Nuge.

Toss Kassian on the checking line with Sheahan and Archi, where his crash and bang style actually fits.

Finally have AA with Khaira and Chiasson, or better yet, Haas and Nygard, and form a line whose speed should give CHI fits.

Though of course, the best answer would be to first reunite the Nuge-Drai-Yamamoto line, and then go from there.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
If they're going to keep the McNuge combo going, the least Tipp could do is swap around the "3rd wheel" wingers.

Neal is your best winger at finding and capitalizing from soft areas in coverage; a good fit from the puck control style of McDavid and Nuge.

Toss Kassian on the checking line with Sheahan and Archi, where his crash and bang style actually fits.

Finally have AA with Khaira and Chiasson, or better yet, Haas and Nygard, and form a line whose speed should give CHI fits.

Though of course, the best answer would be to first reunite the Nuge-Drai-Yamamoto line, and then go from there.

I'd go with:

Nuge Drai Yama
Kass McD Neal
AA Khaira Chiasson
Nygard/Ennis Sheahan Archie

I'm giving Kass one more game with McD. I'm also assuming Ennis is not 100% and it would be good to see if Nygard has his legs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'd go with:

Nuge Drai Yama
Kass McD Neal
AA Khaira Chiasson
Nygard/Ennis Sheahan Archie

I'm giving Kass one more game with McD. I'm also assuming Ennis is not 100% and it would be good to see if Nygard has his legs.

I'd be good with this.

The big thing Tippett needs to get away from is having lines with half hearted identity. Nuge and Kassian shouldn't be the two wingers for McDavid, as there's no flow between the three of them. Kassian needs to live in the corners to be successful and neither Nuge or McDavid like to cycle (or even just chip the puck in and give up possession).

If you keep Nuge with McDavid, then put Ennis, AA, Yamamoto or maybe Neal on the other wing; If Kassian is there, then you need to have one of Neal or Chiasson opposite him, or have him on the Draisaitl line.

In few ways swamping McDavid and Drais's /usual/ wingers could also work well.

Nuge-McDavid-Yamamoto
AA-Draisaitl-Kassian
Ennis-Sheahan-Archibald
Neal-Kharia-Chiasson

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I'd be good with this.

If you keep Nuge with McDavid, then put Ennis, AA, Yamamoto or maybe Neal on the other wing; If Kassian is there, then you need to have one of Neal or Chiasson opposite him, or have him on the Draisaitl line.

In few ways swamping McDavid and Drais's /usual/ wingers could also work well.

Nuge-McDavid-Yamamoto
AA-Draisaitl-Kassian
Ennis-Sheahan-Archibald
Neal-Kharia-Chiasson

Or just give the reigning Art Ross winner his wingers back. They were the most dominant line in hockey from the New Years till the break. McDavid can hold on his own.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
What are the odds Smith starts? 50/50? "He looked sharp at practice, really dialed in."

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What are the odds Smith starts? 50/50? "He looked sharp at practice, really dialed in."

I hope he goes with Koskinen but Tippett has done everything wrong as a coach so far in this round so i wouldn't put it past him to go with his "gut" and start Smith.
If he does go with Smith and Smith plays horribly he's going to be in the hotseat.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I can only imagine the anger towards Tippett if we manage to go down 2-0 to the hawks after he refuses to put the best line in hockey back together, let alone if he actually starts smith.

Please don’t overthink this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad